Thirteen

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Himchan woke from his sleep, he felt considerably better. His mind wasn't a clouded mess and his throat didn't burn like the pits of hell anymore. He still felt sick and uncomfortable, but it was better. Finding that he was slightly cold, he rummaged around for another one of his blankets and pulled it over himself. The effort left him panting and the towel on his forehead had fallen off. Thinking it was all the same, he let the towel be and snuggled deeper into his blankets.

Yongguk was taking care of him. Despite what Himchan had said to him, he was still taking care of him. It was weird. It was like he was a kid again and his parents were there to take care of him. They would make sure he was well taken care of when he was sick, helped him up when he fell, kissed away the pain when he scraped his knees. A picture perfect family really.

That was until they kicked him out.

No. He didn't want to think of that. He was over it, done and finished. He had accepted it. No use dwelling in the past.

Maybe that was what he was supposed to do with Jongup as well. Accept that no one could be trusted and get on with his life. Yongguk would like it if he accepted it and started functioning normally again. Not that his opinion mattered, but it would take him off the other's back. Then he wouldn't depend on someone that couldn't be trusted. It wasn't like Yongguk had given him great reason not to trust him, but neither had Jongup.

The door opened before he could think further about his new revelation.

“Himchan?” the familiar voice of his roommate called out carefully. Himchan hummed in return. “Good, you're awake. I'll go reheat the soup.” With that, footsteps led away from his room.

It was weird really. Why would Yongguk keep taking care of him? Despite all he said. He snuggled deeper into his blankets.

He wanted to write on his story, but at the same time he knew that whatever he wrote needed to be rewritten later on. His state of mind and sickness would cloud his mind from producing stuff that was ok enough to be sent in.

“I'm back,” Yongguk announced and a few seconds later, he felt the mattress dip a little on one side. “Do you need help getting out of the blankets again?” Himchan shook his head and started to sit up. It took a lot of energy and he was breathing rather heavily when he finally sat up. Yongguk took his “bed desk” and put the soup on top of it.

“Thank you,” he thanked the other and started eating. It was hot and slightly burned the back of his throat, but the warmth that spread on its way down was wonderful.

“I see you're feeling better,” Yongguk said after a while of silence. Himchan nodded. He felt much better actually. He didn't know why, but he didn't feel as sad anymore. Nor sick for that matter and that was a bonus.

“Good, I have some news,” the other went on and he picked up a slightly nervous undertone. Stopping his eating, he looked up at his roommate. He looked slightly nervous.

“What is it?” Himchan asked in a hoarse voice. It hurt to say the words.

“Voldemort came by. He's really worried about you,” Yongguk started. Himchan could feel his insides churn. He might feel happier but the thought of Jongup worrying about him even though he cheated on him with Zelo had him frown deeply. It hurt to think that his “boyfriend” actually “cared” for him.

“After a long talk, I told him I would try to convince you to go see him and talk to him,” the other went on. He could feel his insides boil up suddenly. Why did everyone have to be so untrustworthy? “Now before you think about anything else, I think this is entirely your choice and if you decide to never want to see him again, I will stand by that decision and help you,” Yongguk told him and Himchan looked at the other. Really looked at the other. He seemed so earnest and serious about what he said. “I will however, say my opinion on the matter at hand.”

“You sound so formal,” Himchan commented. The other smiled a sheepish smile and scratched the back of his head.

“Sorry,” he apologized. “Anyways, I think you should talk to him once. Clear everything out. It'll help you either move on or forgive. I know talking things over with my previous boyfriends helped,” Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter