Further Announcements

The Beauty and The Wolves || Writing Contest [Closed]

 

6/6/13

Hi guys! Well, we just want to inform you that we've updated Chapters 2, 4 and 5. In Chapter 2, we clarified rule number 7. In Chapter 4, Aida updated her preferences in an entry. I've (layseokris) also added more prompts in my bonus section. In Chapter 5, we added more quote-rompts :) We will then add the list of entries after this. Oh, last but definitely not the least, please check this Chapter frequently for some changes in regards to this contest.

 

6/7/13

Hello again! So, we've received a lot of entries today! Thank you! The feeling is overwhelming and so we have thought of upgrading some prizes; more entries, and we'll definitely do that :) Also, we changed Rule 3 from Chapter 2. We are really sorry for this kind of inconvenient changes. As for now, no one has submitted an entry published before May so no worries. Also, we have said before that the due date is only temporary. So, we made a poll. Lastly, the FAQ section (under) is also updated. 

 

 

 

  

 

6/13/13 

We have finally upgraded the prizes! As we've said before, we will, only if the entries increased. As for now, we have a total of sixteen entries and the three of us are all overjoyed :)) We have also added some details about our virtual prizes so the participants can check it on Chapter 1. Plus, we have also updated the list of entries. Just tell us if we have left out an entry/some entries. We've also updated the FAQ below so please check it out. Lastly, the deadline is moved on July 20 (the last day of layseokris' prelim exams). We will start posting the grading sheets after July 20. Thank you for your consideration on this subject.

 

7/1/13

We have finally squeezed some time in updating the list of entries! As of now, we have a total of 26 entries (do tell me though if your entry is still not on the list). We are all so sorry for being too silent and sort of inactive. Again, we have been too busy in our lives outside the site. We have noticed something on some few entries though. In rule 8, we have stated that this thread should be linked back on your entries; specifically on the foreword or on the description. Well, we still have until JULY 19 for a final check-up. We will be checking if all rules are well implemented. Of course, we must not take it too personally because we are all, after all, just being organized.

 


 

Frequently Asked Questions

 

1.) Is it okay to combine/blend/mix prompts?

-Of course yes! I (layseokris) personally believe that there are a lot of prompts from different categories which can go very well with the other prompts. Just make sure that you won't fuse too much that the story becomes just merely confusing. Oh and yeah, remember that some prompts have corresponding amount of points /winks

 

2.) Is it mandatory to use prompts?

-This is a bit complicated right? We said that it is indeed optional. Yet we included points on some particular prompts. To put it in simpler words, those quotes, pics, songs and lyrics are the things we love to see in an entry. About the grading system, I myself will be a tad strict especially on grammar, creativity and originality. After all, the additional points are mere bonuses :)  

 

3.) Is it okay to use more than one couple?   

-Since this is a contest for seo-exo, there are high chances that the participants will have more than one pairing (even pairing the twelve boys up with Seohyun). And we are totally fine with that. However, one must decide which couple remains in the end. One must have only one couple in which their fic actually revolved at. Example, you decided to put Lay, Luhan, Tao and Kris in the fic. You've got them paired up with Seo throughout the fic. But in the end, we all know that Seohyun willshall and can only end up with one man, right?

 

4.) Is it okay to submit an entry that will participate on another contest?

-Of course! :) We definitely want that because on a brighter side, your seoexo fic will also be recognized in another contest; a benefit on our side too. Just make sure that the other contest will also permit you to do so.  

 

5.) After finishing the entry, must we also comment that our entry's already finished too? 

-We're actually keeping a track on the entries (we've subscribed too, to each one of them) so it's not a necessary to do so. Still, we'll appreciate your intention to help :) 

 
6.) When in June is the deadline?  
 
-It's actually officially on July 20. Still, we can still give a week for an extension (again-layseokris has really soft spot for extensions because she herself experienced such troubles). And we won't deduct grades. So in short, everyone has a month to complete/polish their entries. :)
 
 
7.) Can we submit two (or even more than two) entries? 
 
-Of course! The more, the merrier....No pressure though. Please work on as much as you only can. But, remember that an author can only win once! :) Let's give chance to the other contestants <3 (in reference to Rule 5)  
 
 
8.) Can we submit a full-length or must it be a oneshot only? 
 
-Any length will do :) (In reference to rule 5)