(82.5) Entry 9 - Expectations by wednesdayaddams

The Beauty and The Wolves || Writing Contest [Closed]

 

Title of Entry: Expectations

Participant: wednesdayaddams

Pairing Used: seokris

Prompts Used: Lyric Prompt #1

 


 

Judge: layseokris

 

Title: 7/10

-I think that you can think of a better title :) But if you're to ask me, it befits the fic and it's intention on emphasizing Seohyun's supposed-to-be fairytale with Kris. It's only a word yet it's very heart-breaking T.T (Like, on my younger years, I expect relationships to be as smooth and as fanciful as the stories I am reading. However, these expectations come crashing down at me). 

Storyline: 15/20

-Others might think that it's just a story about Seohyun's dreams of falling in love but I really commend you for using a firm plot.  (Firm, in the sense that, you still choose Seohyun to wake up from her dreams rather than to satisfy the need of the readers to have a happy ending). Of all, Seohyun herself walking out of her dreams is just so cool!

Grammar: 25/25

-Perfect! Even with a little amount of words and paragraphs that your fic contains, the adjectives you use are so helpful to let us feel Seohyun's disappointment.

Flow of Story: 20/30

-If there's just one thing I am complaining about, it's the lack of development within the characters. I do think that it's going to be a lot better if you show us more of Seohyun's dreams about her and Kris. You can also show us little details on how Seohyun is after walking out of the fake relationship. Or how Kris is doing also after.

As for the prompt, again, you can actually do something better. If there's more progress in the story, the juice or the roots of the prompt you use is definitely going to be used more deeply. Plus, I do personally think that the lyrics fit your fic the best!

Bonus Points:

-seokris as main (1 Point)

-lyric prompt #1 (3 Points)

From glamzchic:

-seokris as main (1 Point)

-seokris as main (Individual Scoring-3 Points)

 

Total Score from layseokris: 75

 


 

Judge: immakpoploverable

 

Title: 8/10

Storyline: 18/20

Grammar: 25/25

Flow of Story: 24/30

Bonus Points:

-inspirational as genre (3 Points)

-seokris as main (1 Point)

-seokris as main (Individual Scoring-1 Point)

-lyric prompt #1 (2 Points)

From glamzchic:

-seokris as main (1 Point)

-seokris as main (Individual Scoring-3 Points)

 

Total Score from immakpoploverable: 86

 


 

 

Scores: 86 Points (Aida) + 75 Points (Anne)

Average: 80.5 + early bonus point (2 Points)

Final Score: 82.5

 

*Do notify us if you find some miscalculations