(82) Entry 18 - Roses, Letters and Confessions by k4ryss4

The Beauty and The Wolves || Writing Contest [Closed]

 

Title of Entry: Roses, Letters and Confessions

Participant: k4ryss4

Pairing Used: seolay

Prompts Used: Quote Prompt #3, #11 and Song Prompt #21

 


 

Judge: layseokris 

 

Title: 10/10

-Unique titles are unique! I am a fan of long titles (though, there are also long titles that can never pull it off that well). But since those three stuffs are the things in which this story revolves at, I find it very fitting enough. And it's a Valentine's Day-themed fic, shoooo cute! Hahah!

Storyline: 14/20

-I know that Valentine's Day is still very far but hey, I love inspiring my fics from Valentine's too! However, the entire story seems incomplete. And so I just presume that the whole plot is jut about Lay's way of confessing to Seohyun. And we all know that there's a ton of fics with boys confessing to Seohyun---so maybe a little difference can make it huge?

Grammar: 22/25

-Aside from the often switching of tenses (of verbs) and your subject-verb agreement-everything's okay already. Let's just keep practicing and later on, it'll improve :)

Flow of Story: 22/30

-Maybe the lack of details is also the reason why your storyline isn't that much developed. It's also fast-paced because there are no narrations or whatsoever. If ever there is, it's seemingly for fillers only. I think I've been pressing how details and narrations are important even since the first entry. Supporting details and descriptions sets the difference between story-telling and writing. In story-telling, the teller can just summarize the whole plot-like it's just for the sake of conveying the story to the listeners. However, in writing, one must be able to put the reader into the passage.

Imagining things, esp scenarios in your fic is probably the best way to execute proper descriptions/narrations. Though, of course, too much narration can also result to boredom. At the end of the day, it's only a matter of balancing these important elements of a fic. :)

Bonus Points:

-seolay as main (2 Points)

-seolay as main (Individual Scoring-3 Points)

From glamzchic:

-seolay as main (2 Points)

-seolay as main (Individual Scoring-3 Points)

 

Total Score from layseokris: 78

 


 

Judge: immakpoploverable

 

Title: 10/10

Storyline: 15/20

Grammar: 22/25

Flow of Story: 23/30

Bonus Points:

-seolay as main (2 Points)

-seolay as main (Individual Scoring-3 Points)

-romance as genre (Individual Scoring-3 Points)

- uses quote prompt #3 (Individual Scoring-3 Points)

 

From glamzchic:

-seolay as main (2 Points)

-seolay as main (Individual Scoring-3 Points)

 

Total Score from immakpoploverable: 86

 



Scores: 86 Points (Aida) + 78 Points (Anne)

Final Score: 82

 

*Do notify us if you find some miscalculations