(89) Entry 4 - Mysterious Letter by syizi93

The Beauty and The Wolves || Writing Contest [Closed]

 

Title of Entry: Mysterious Letter

Participant: syizi93

Pairing Used: seolay

Prompts Used: Quote Prompt #13, Picture Prompt #1, Lyric Prompt #6

 


 

Judge: layseokris

 

Title: 7/10

-Simple but enough to catch my attention in reading your entry. Plus, since the title sounds like a mystery or something else along that word-the moment I see it, I know that this type is your forte. :) 

Storyline: 18/20

-This is the advantage of writers who write fics with mystery as the genre. Their plot stands out-even the foundation or the pattern is just the same-just with small changes, the fic actually makes a huge difference! As what I have observed, it's only about the 1) event/scene that triggers and stirs intense emotions from the character/s, 2) signs or symptoms of instability and last but not the least 3) the wicked twist in the plot. 

Grammar: 21/25

-Well, compared to your first entry, this is just a point better. You do get confused on subject-verb agreement, tenses of verbs and so on and so forth. But hey-we are going to improve later on, with more practice!

Flow of Story: 24/30

-I am happy that you give us first a preview or a primary knowledge about the whole thing. And the way it flows naturally, makes us more thrilled. I must say that the pace is fitting for the genre that you use.

Maya Angelou's quote is one of my favorite and I am so happy that you have it perfectly embodied in your fic. Seohyun has been bearing such agony so it will probably trigger her to be distressed. I actually have a lot in my mind to but don't think that words will give decency to it, hahahah!

On the other hand, I don't think that the picture relates with your story. I can only think that Seohyun is too distressed so she resorts her problem to violence. Feel free to give me a response on this so that I can have a piece of your thoughts :) 

Bonus Points:

-seolay as main (2 Points)

-seolay as main (3 Points-Individual scoring)

-psychological thriller (3 points)

-quote prompt #13 (3 Points)

-lyric prompt #6 (1 Point)

From glamzchic:

-seolay as main (2 Points)

-seolay as main (Individual Scoring-3 Points)

 

Total Score from layseokris: 85

 


 

Judge: immakpoploverable

 

Title: 8/10

Storyline: 17/20

Grammar: 23/25

Flow of Story: 26/30

Bonus Points:

-seolay as main (2 Points)

-seolay as main (Individual Scoring-3 Points)

-angst as genre (3 Points)

-picture prompt #1 (1 Point)

-lyric prompt #6 (1 Point)

From glamzchic:

-seolay as main (2 Points)

-seolay as main (Individual Scoring-3 Points)

 

Total Score from immakpoploverable: 89

 



Scores: 89 Points (Aida) + 85 Points (Anne)

Average: 87 + early bonus point (2 Points)

Final Score: 89

 

*Do notify us if you find some miscalculations