9

Chocolate love

It was already one in the morning, U-Know still couldn't sleep. He suddenly decided to take a walk in the garden to clear his mind.

He was already walking in the garden when he noticed that someone was also there. It was Seohyun. She was facing the pool as if she was thinking of something.

"Seohyun . . . ." U-Know said.

Seohyun turned to face u-Know. She was startled. She didn't expect to see him there. And as she turned to face him, she didn't had the time to wipe away her tears. She had been crying.

U-Know's heart suddenly ached when he saw the tears in her eyes. He wanted to comfort her and hold her in his arms like he used to do when she was still small.

"Why? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" U-Know asked with concern.

"Nothing that concerns you. Why are you here?" Seohyun asked coldly.

"I couldn't sleep. So I decided to take a walk," he answered.

"Then enjoy your walk. I am going in now," Seohyun suddenly said.

As Seohyun was passing by U-Know, he suddenly grabbed her arm. Seohyun tried to set her arm free from U-Know's grip but he was too strong.

"What do you want?' Seohyun asked with irritation.

"Please stay . . .Let's talk," U-Know begged.

Seohyun looked straight into U-Know's eyes. She could see the sadness he was feeling.

"Talk? You're suddenly asking me to talk with you? Are you delirious or something?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yes, let's talk. What happened to you? Why did you changed so much? I feel like I don't even know you anymore," he replied.

Seohyun laughed. "Isn't it a little funny that you're asking me that?"

"Why did you suddenly changed so much?" U-know asked again.

"You really want to know why I changed?" Seohyun asked.

"Yes," U-Know answered.

Seohyun smiled bitterly. "You . . .You're the reason why I've changed," she said with sadness in her eyes.

"What do you mean?" U-Know asked again. He was very confused. How and why was he the reason for her sudden change, he was asking himself.

"You have really no idea? Are you really that dumb or just trying to be one?" Seohyun asked angrily.

U-Know's heart was already beating very fast. He was very frustrated. He didn't know what to say. And he didn't like the way that Seohyun was talking to him.

"What happened to you? You're not like this before . . . You were such a sweet little girl before . . . . but now . . . . now you're . . . ." U-Know couldn't find the words to describe Seohyun.

"I'm what? You want me to continue what you want to say? Okay . . . I am a . . . . " Seohyun was about to say something but U-Know stopped her from talking.

U-Know suddenly embraced Seohyun out of total confusion. He didn't know what to say to her to express how he truly feels. And he certainly didn't want to hear the words she was going to say about herself. He wanted to stop her. He knew that while she was trying to say mean things about herself, she was also hurting him through what she was doing.

"Please stop . . . ." U-Know begged.

Seohyun felt as if her whole body became numb. When U-Know embraced her, it seemed as if everything around them ceased to exist. She had been dreaming of this moment for the past ten years. She wished she could stay in his arms forever.

"Seohyun . . . .I . . . I love you . . . ." U-Know started to say.

Seohyun suddenly looked at U-Know. She had been waiting all her life for him to say those words to her.

"I love you like my own sister . . . . and it hurts me to see you like this," U-Know finally uttered.

'Sister' . . .the word suddenly started echoing in Seohyun's ears. She somehow snapped of her day dream, and suddenly was forced back into reality. Her cold heart was already starting to feel warm again and was starting to melt finally. But as soon as she heard the word 'sister' again, her heart suddenly turned cold again.

Seohyun suddenly pushed U-Know away. She tried to hide the pain she was feeling with a smile.
"Well . . . .I am sorry but your precious little Seohyun is gone now," she said as she was trying to hold herself back from crying.

"But why?" U-Know asked.

Seohyun looked at U-Know. She wanted to cry out and tell him everything that was on her mind.
"Seohyun . . . ." U-Know uttered.

"I hate you . . . . ." she said with a trembling voice.

"What?" U-Know asked. He couldn't believe what he heard. He was telling himself that he just heard her wrong.

"I hate you!" Seohyun shouted at U-Know with tears already streaming down her face. She couldn't hold back her tears anymore. "I hate you with all my heart."

"Why?" U-Know asked with a trembling voice. After hearing her say those words to him, he felt as if someone had stabbed him right then.

"Why? Why? Do you know how painful it was to wait? I wrote to you for three years, but you never answered even one single letter. Everyday I wrote and everyday I waited. I kept on hoping that if I continued writing to you, you'd pity me and answer me. You didn't have to answer all my letters, just one single letter would have been enough," Seohyun stopped talking. Her tears were already flowing.

U-Know's heart was breaking as he was looking at Seohyun.

"Do you know how embarrassing it was for me to call my own brother so I can check up on you . . .so I can ask him how you were doing? Do you know how embarrassing it was for me to call your sister to ask her if your career was going well or if you have been sick lately? Do you know . . . do you know while I was calling and asking them about you . . . .I felt so miserable," she asked him with such anger and hatred in her eyes.

"Seohyun . . . ." he said with a low voice.

"When I said I loved you, I didn't expect you to love me back. The only reason why I told you is because I wanted you to know how I felt. If you really disliked me that much, all you needed to do was tell me straight. You didn't have to totally shut me out of your life," Seohyun said. She was already crying and sobbing uncontrollably.

"Seohyun . . . please let me explain," U-Know said as tears were already starting to form in his eyes as well.

"Do you know how painful it was for me? I called you almost every week for three years and your sister would always be the one to answer me and make up so many excuses for you?" Seohyun continued to ask.

"Seohyun . . . .I'm sorry," U-Know said.

"Sorry? I'm sorry too . . . .But the Seohyun you knew before has already died long ago," Seohyun said with a bitter smile. "Do you still remember before I left, I said that I'll come back and make you love me? Well . . . . I am back but I am not here because I still want you to fall in love with me. I came back because I want you to see your precious little sister has finally grown up. And I want you to regret what you threw away years ago."

"Seohyun . . . .please . . . .let's stop this," U-Know tried to get close to Seohyun. He wanted to hold her in his arms again. He was thinking that maybe she would somehow stop feeling so lost if she was in his arms.

Seohyun stepped back. . . . away from U-Know. She didn't want to be close again with him. She was already in so much pain.

"I'm sorry . . . .oppa. But I don't love you anymore. It's what you wanted isn't it? You wanted me to forget you? The only thing I feel for you now is hate," Seohyun said as she quickly turned and ran away.
As Seohyun was running away, she was crying and sobbing uncontrollably.

"I'm sorry, Yunho. I'm sorry . . . ." she kept on uttering.

As Seohyun left, U-Know didn't know what he was feeling. He was already crying. He never expected that he would feel so much pain in meeting Seohyun again. He wanted to scream and cry out. He wanted to ran after Seohyun and ask her forgiveness. He wanted Seohyun to love him again.

He felt like his whole world had suddenly crumbled. He felt very weak and his whole body was trembling. He slowly fell down on his knees.

"I'm sorry, Seohyun. . . . .I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I love you . . . . . I love you . . . .I love you," U-Know said as he cried uncontrollably.

In one of the balconies facing the garden, Taecyeon was silently watching. He had seen everything that had happened between Seohyun and U-know. He pitied both his sister and his friend. He felt their pain and he really wanted to help them but he didn't know how. He knew that only Seohyun and U-Know could possibly solve their problem.

But looking at U-Know crying alone in the garden, Taecyeon felt so sorry for his friend. He knew that U-Know also loved Seohyun but was just too afraid to let out his feelings. He understood U-Know's situation. But he still couldn't stop himself from thinking that he had wasted such an extraordinary love.

It was truly U-Know's choice. And at that exact moment, he was wishing that if he could only turn back time. He would certainly try to set things right. He would have told Seohyun his true feelings. And if he had done that, she still would have been in love with him.

U-Know screamed. He was in so much pain that it was driving him mad. He knew that whatever he was going to say and do now was already useless. Seohyun no longer loved him, but hated him. He cried. He wanted to die right at that exact moment, so he wouldn't feel pain anymore.

Seohyun was already in the house when she heard U-Know scream. After she heard him, she cried uncontrollably again. She was in so much pain as well. She wanted to die and just disappear into thin air. She wanted to feel numb . . . .the pain was so much she can't take it anymore.

Taecyeon suddenly appeared. And as soon as Seohyun saw him, she immediately ran to him. She hugged him tightly and in his arms, she cried again.