6

Chocolate love

U-Know was looking out at the garden. He was on the balcony of his room. It was already dark and some stars were already visible. He wanted to think about many things. But Seohyun just kept on appearing in his mind.

"What happened to you Seohyun?" he asked while staring at the stars.

Then he remembered something. He took out his wallet and carefully pulled out a small piece of paper. It was the note Seohyun gave him six years ago. He had kept it with him all these years. Whenever he was missing her, he would just take it out and read it over and over again.

But right at that moment, he wanted to tear the paper into pieces. He was very angry and jealous. Seohyun obviously had someone new in her life now.

U-Know read the note again. His heart was aching so much. She had obviously moved on. He couldn't understand himself. Ever since from the start, he had wanted Seohyun to forget him. But why is he being angry now that she had forgotten about him and what she had promised him.

"You said you would come back and make me love you . . . . " U-Know suddenly laughed bitterly.

"You did come back. But how can you make me love you when you're already in someone else's arms?"

U-Know wanted to go to Seohyun, and ask her whatever happened to what she had written on the piece of paper he had in his hand. He wanted to tell her that he had been waiting. He had tried so hard not to wait but his heart was very persistent. It just waited and waited without him knowing it.

And now after seeing her again, his heart had started beating wildly again. He wanted to hold her in his arms and finally tell her how he truly feels but it seems it is too late.

"I waited . . . . ." U-Know uttered while staring at the stars.

U-Know didn't know that Jaejoong, Xiah, Micky and Max had already entered his room. They were behind him, watching and listening to everything. The other DBSK members didn't know what to do. They felt pity for their friend. They didn't want seeing their friend feeling so empty.

"Hyung . . .. ." Max called out.

U-Know suddenly turned around to find his friends staring at him. He tried to smile and then he immediately hid the paper in his hand.

"What are you guys doing here?' U-Know asked.

"We thought that maybe you could use some company," Jaejoong answered.

U-Know tried to smile again. "Have you guys been watching me all this time," he asked.

"Yes," Xiah replied.

"We can easily see that something has been bothering you. You can always tell us your problem, you know that right?" Micky said with concern.

"Thank you . . . but nothing is bothering me," U-Know said.

"Really? Are you sure?" Jaejoong asked.

"Nothing? Are you sure because just a few minutes ago, I could swear I heard you said something like....'you said you would come back and make me love you....' " Max said with a big grin.

Jaejoong looked at Max. He couldn't help it. He wanted to laugh. He tried to stop himself, but after a few minutes, he finally couldn't hold it any longer. He suddenly burst out laughing. Max, Xiah and Micky all joined Jaejoong as he laughed.

U-Know wanted to get annoyed but couldn't. He just burst out laughing himself too. After laughing with his friends, he felt much better.

"Hyung . . . . I'm sorry. But I am not so used to seeing you so out of control. I have always seen you in charge of everything. You always know what to do and you always lecture us on what is right and wrong. So how come when it comes to Seohyun, you're different. It's like whenever she's around, you lose yourself. You don't even know what to say when she's talking to you," Max said with concern.

"So now I guess there's no sense in denying, right?" U-Know asked his friends.

"Yes, because we already heard everything you said. And we can always add up all the things you said and how you are reacting to Seohyun. It isn't difficult to figure out what's your problem," Jaejoong answered.

"But hyung, I don't see any reason why should deny what you are feeling for Seohyun," Max said to U-Know.

U-Know smiled. "You don't know? She's sixteen, I'm already twenty-two," he said.

"So? There are a lot of couples now that have a big age difference, and it doesn't bother them. So I don't think it should bother you either," Max said again.

"My own sister is older than her," U-Know said with a bitter smile.

"So what's wrong with falling in love with someone younger? Many people do it everyday...." Max asked again.

"But I am not like everybody else. What would people say? What would our fans say if they found out that I am having a relationship with a sixteen year old girl? Can you imagine what the newspapers will print out as headlines after they find out about it? And all the TV shows will surely make a big fuss about my relationship with a sixteen years old. And I won't be the only one affected. All of you will be affected as well. Our group's reputation will be damaged if a news like that breaks out. And as the leader of our group, I can't let that happen. Aside from that, frankly having a relationship with a sixteen years old girl is against my own principles," U-Know said.

The other DBSK members just remained silent. They knew that U-Know had a point. But they still couldn't help but feel sorry for U-Know's situation. He obviously had feelings for Seohyun, but was too afraid to say it due to his responsibilities and principles.

"U-Know, answer me honestly, " Micky said seriously.

"What?" U-Know asked.

"Why did you come here in the first place?" Micky asked.

U-Know looked at Micky. He didn't know the answer either.

"Frankly, I don't know either. What I do know is that I wanted to see her again. And I missed her terribly," U-Know answered.

"You should try to think about what you are really feeling. Yes, our careers are very important to us now. But what happens after we are no longer singers? We will all continue living as normal people. By that time, you may no longer have any chance to be with her. And you may end up regretting letting her go for the rest of your life," Micky said with concern.

"Yes, I know. But she's only sixteen and what will her brother say . . . ." U-Know said as if confused.

"Age? Come on, that's no big deal. By the time, she's eighteen, you're twenty-four. I think everything would be fine by then," Max said with a smile.

U-Know looked at the other DBSK members. He was very lucky he had such good friends. They were more concerned with his happiness than their careers. He was very grateful to them. But he still had many responsibilities to take care of. And as of now, Seohyun can not be added to those responsibilities. She was just a big responsibility that he can never handle.

A maid knocked at U-Know's door.

"Sir, dinner is ready," she announced.

"We'll be right down. Thank you," Xiah said.

"Come on! Dinner is ready. I am starving," Max said happily.

As they were going downstairs, U-Know finally decided that he wouldn't let Seohyun affect him anymore. He was going to be in total control of his feelings. He was telling himself over and over again that Seohyun was just Taecyeon's sister and his little sister as well.

But even though he was telling himself this, his heart was telling him something else. It was telling him something that he didn't want to accept and didn't want to listen to.