25

Chocolate love

A year later . . . . .

"Come on guys . . . .get ready to go on stage in fifteen minutes," one of the crew told the DBSK boys while they were in the dressing room.

"We haven't had a concert here in Korea for over a year now . . . ." Xiah said with excitement.

"We should do our best to make this concert a very memorable one . . . ." Jaejoong added.

Then they noticed U-Know sitting in a corner. He was eating something . . . . .

"He's eating chocolates again," Max suddenly exclaimed.

"Just leave him alone," Jaejoong said.

"He's always eating chocolates . . . . .and he doesn't even share . . . ." Max commented.

"We won't be able to stop him from eating chocolates everyday . . . .like we also can't stop him from remembering Seohyun everyday," Jaejoong said with a sigh.

"It's already a year . . . .and he still can't forget her," Micky said.

"That's true love . . . .I wonder when I will find my own true love . . . ." Max said as if day dreaming.

"Our baby boy is already dreaming about love," Xiah teased.

Micky and Jaejoong laughed.

Then a staff member suddenly came in . . . .

"Hey guys! I don't know if I should be doing this . . . .but and old lady just gave me this box of chocolates and asked me to give it to U-Know," the man said.

"Really? An old lady? So even old people are starting to have a crush on U-know now?' Xiah asked jokingly.

Jaejoong took the box from the crew member and thanked him.

U-Know suddenly approached Jaejoong and looked at the box of chocolates he was holding.

"Another box of chocolates to eat . . . .Good! The one in my bag is almost empty," U-Know said with a smile. He had somehow finally recovered after several months of trying to deny the fact that Seohyun was gone.

U-Know was still very responsible even during the time he was mourning the lost of Seohyun. He still tried to act normal and perform happily in front of their fans. But once he was off the stage and off the camera, all the sadness and pain would return and be visible in his eyes.

The other DBSK members admired U-Know for his professionalism and his strength in dealing with his current situation. He was truly a remarkable leader. How the boys wished that U-know would finally be able to move on with his life.

Jaejoong gave the box of chocolates to U-Know.

"Open it! Then I can eat some before we go on stage . . . ." Max said with a smile.

U-Know laughed. "Okay . . . ."

"Hey! We can't just eat anything . . . .you know what our manager said about eating and drinking gift items from fans," Micky warned U-Know and Max.

"What can they possibly do to chocolates? And besides it's just one small piece . . ." Max said with a smile.

U-Know noticed that there was a small note attached to the box. He immediately opened it and read it.


U-Know,

I know you'll be very tired after the concert so I'm giving you this box of chocolates to help regain your strength.

Always take care of yourself.


A caring fan

U-Know froze. The penmanship was very familiar. It was Seohyun's handwriting. He quickly ran out of the dressing room. He searched for the crew member who gave him the box of chocolates.

"Who gave you the box of chocolates?" U-Know asked the crew member.

"An old lady . . . .why?" the man asked.

"Was she with anyone else?" U-Know asked again.

"Yes . . .there was a young girl with her," the man replied.

"What did the girl look like?' U-Know asked.

"Uhm . . . . The girl was very beautiful, with long hair . . . .maybe 5'8 in height . . ." the man said.

"Where? Where did they go? Did you see where they went?" U-Know asked impatiently.

"Sorry . . .I don't know. After they gave the box of chocolates. They immediately left," the man answered.

The other DBSK boys had followed U-Know.

"Hyung . . .what's wrong?" Max asked.

"Seohyun . . . .Seohyun was here," U-Know replied.

"Seohyun? U-Know she's dead . . . .She's been dead for a year now . . . ." Micky said.

"No! She's not dead . . .She was here. The box of chocolates had a note. And it was her handwriting . . . .I'm sure of it . . . . Seohyun wrote that note," U-Know said.

"Hyung . . . ." Max and Xiah both uttered.

"I have to go out . . . .I have to look for her. Maybe she's still outside," u-Know said as if he was out of his mind.

The other DBSk members all looked at each other. Then they all looked at U-Know. They suddenly became very worried for their friend.

"You can't go out now. Our concert is going to start in a few minutes," Jaejoong reminded U-Know.

"I have to find her," U-Know repeatedly said.

"Snap out of it U-Know! Seohyun's dead! And no matter what you do . . . .She's never coming back. Just accept the truth please . . . ." Micky shouted.

U-know suddenly looked at his friends. Maybe they were right. He should accept the truth. Seohyun was gone . . . .and she wasn't coming back to him.

"Okay . . . .get ready . . .on stage in three minutes . . . ." one of the crew shouted.

"Come on . . . .it's about to start," Xiah said to the other DBSK members.

Silently U-Know just followed his friends. He told himself that he should try to pull himself together. He had to concentrate. They had a concert to perform.

"Okay . . . .guys . . . .Good luck!"

"On stage in one . . . .two . . . .three . . . .go!"

U-Know tried to put on a smile. He had to smile . . . .even though he wanted to cry. He had to smile . . . . even though he was already dying inside.