8

Chocolate love

After dinner, U-Know was in the living room, looking out at the window facing the garden. He had been watching Seohyun and NIchkhun as they were happily running and playing in the garden. The two looked so happy together. They were like small children as they tried to tease one another. U-Know didn't know who he was really jealous of, NIchkhun or Junho.

"NIchkhun, you're tickling me. . . ." Seohyun screamed.

U-Know suddenly remembered he used to tickle Seohyun in her ears and she would easily get tickled. U-Know suddenly smiled.

Jaejoong, Xiah, Max and Micky came into the room. They saw U-Know looking out the window. His face was full of sadness that they have never seen before. They already knew what he was looking at. They were starting to think that it was a bad idea coming to Taecyeon's house. U-Know was obviously in so much pain and they couldn't stand it.

Micky went to U-Know's side and then he offered him a glass of wine.

"Maybe this can help," he said with a smile.

U-Know looked at Micky, then at the glass he was holding. He immediately took the glass from Micky. And he drank all the wine in one shot. Jaejoong, Xiah, Micky and Max couldn't help but shook their heads in total disbelief. They have never seen him drink a glass of wine that way before.

After drinking the glass of wine, U-Know looked out the window again. His eyes were so sad. This time he saw NIchkhun hugging Seohyun as he was trying to stop her from tickling him. U-Know's heart was aching so badly. He couldn't think of anything else. He wanted Seohyun to turn back into the innocent little girl he had found in the park. That way she could still be his baby and he could protect her, and she would still belong to him.

U-Know was already mad with jealousy. He saw the bottle of wine that Micky was holding and he immediately took it from him. He then poured himself another glass of wine. Then just like the first glass, he gulped down the second glass of wine all at once.

"Hyung . . . Take it easy," Max said with concern.

"Getting drunk won't solve anything," Jaejoong said.

"But it will certainly make me forget even for a short while, and it can make me numb," U-Know answered.

The other DBSK members couldn't say anything.

"I can give you a dozen more bottles of wine. But I don't think it can ease whatever it is you're feeling," Taecyeon suddenly said. He had suddenly entered the room.

The other DBSK boys looked at Taecyeon. He obviously knew what was going on.

Taecyeon went to the window where U-Know was. He also looked out the window. He saw Seohyun hugging NIchkhun. He then smiled.

"So I was right," Taecyeon suddenly said. He then looked straight into U-Know's eyes. "Even if you deny it a million times, your eyes can't deny what you're feeling inside."

Taecyeon was holding a glass of wine. He also emptied it with just one shot. After drinking, he again looked out the window and started to speak.

"You know, it has been ten years when you first met her. Can you believe the little girl you found crying in the park is actually a very attractive young woman now? Frankly I don't know if I should thank you or beat you to death," Taecyeon said with anger in his eyes.

U-Know became confused on why Taecyeon was angry with him.

As for the other DBSK members, they were alarmed after hearing Taecyeon speak.

"What do you mean?" U-Know asked. He wanted to know what Taecyeon was mad about.

Taecyeon smiled. "I Know it is very unreasonable to put all the blame on you. But I am her brother and it really hurts me to see her in pain," Taecyeon continued to say.

"I can't understand what you're trying to say," U-Know said again.

Taecyeon had already drank his second of glass of wine before he started to speak again.

"After the very first day you met Seohyun in the park, I already knew that she liked you. At first, I didn't think much about it. She was just six years old. What could a child actually know about infatuation or love. But as time passed by, I already noticed how special you were to her," Taecyeon stopped talking, then smiled. "Would you believe that there were times that I was actually jealous of you. I felt that my own sister was already slipping away from me. She was more close to you than to me. By the time she was nine, she already had the courage to tell me that she liked you more than a brother. At first, I couldn't believe what she was saying. Imagine, a nine years old girl liking a fifteen years old boy. But I just stayed quiet. I accepted what she told me without any conditions. Then one day, I went home only to find her crying. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she found out that you liked another girl," Taecyeon again stopped talking.

Then he looked straight at U-Know. "Do you know how painful it was to see your only sister crying because of a boy? And the worst part is that boy just happens to be your best friend. That was the time she suddenly decided to study in London. She said she wanted to be away from you for a while. She wanted you to miss her. I knew how miserable she was when she was here and you just kept her on treating her as your own sister. I didn't want to interfere so I just agreed with her decision to leave. When she was about to leave, I was expecting you to stop her. I knew that you were the only one who could change her mind. Frankly, I didn't want my only sister to be far away from me. But as it turns out . . . you didn't stop her. So she went to London more heartbroken than she already was. And while she was there, she wrote you letters everyday. I knew about it because she told me. And you never answered. Do you know how hurt my sister was? She continued to write to you for the next three years and you still didn't answer her. And she even called you but you still didn't answer. That's when she started to change. She suddenly became wild. I knew she was angry with you. And it was her way of making herself forget. The sweet, innocent little girl suddenly transformed into a rebellious young woman. Before she found happiness even in small things, but after being heartbroken with you, she suddenly became angry at the world. There was a time, I was really afraid that she would become a man-hater. But good thing, NIchkhun was already her friend during those times she was totally down. He has helped her a lot during the times she was in pain and I wasn't beside her." Taecyeon looked out the window again. "She's just starting to become a little bit more happier these passed few months. I don't know, but maybe it is because of that Junho guy. But I am really hoping my sister will finally get over you. I know I can't force you to like her so she can be happy. So I am just hoping that she will finally learn how to move on with her life."

The other DBSK boys were totally shock by what they learned. They didn't know that Taecyeon already knew about Seohyun's feelings ever since from the start. They all admired his love for her sister Seohyun.

As for U-Know, he was totally speechless. He didn't know what to say to Taecyeon to make up for what he did.

"Frankly, I am not angry with you. But I am very disappointed. You have always tried to be a very responsible person . . .responsible for your family, friends and career. But what about yourself? Your feelings?" Taecyeon started to laugh. "Do you know the reason why I want to beat you? It's because I am thinking that maybe after I have beaten you up, you'll somehow realize what's really important to you. Before I thought Seohyun meant nothing to you, and you just treated her like a sister. But after I saw your face and your eyes after you saw Seohyun with NIchkhun. Right then I knew you also cared for her. So that leaves me with a question. What's wrong Yunho? Why can't you be true to yourself?" Taecyeon asked.

"She's only sixteen . . . " U-Know uttered.

"Sixteen? So what?" Taecyeon shouted. "Is that your only reason?" he asked again.

"Before I was afraid of what others might think of me. And now given my current situation as a DBSK member and their leader, it's more impossible now. There are a lot of things to be considered . . .our families, our fans, our company, our careers,: U-Know suddenly answered with sadness in his eyes.

Taecyeon looked at his friend. He felt pity for him. He knew he was also in pain.

"Then I pity you, my friend. True love only comes once in a lifetime. If you let it go , it may never come again. I just hope you really know what you are doing. And I also hope you won't regret it in the end," Taecyeon said as he gently tapped U-Know's shoulder and left.

The other DBSK members wanted to help U-Know. But they couldn't think of any solution. U-Know just stared out of the window. He watched as Seohyun lovingly hugged NIchkhun. How he wished he was NIchkhun. How he wished he wasn't a DBSK member. How he wished he could tell her that he loved her. U-Know silently watched as Seohyun and NIchkhun laughed. While they were laughing, his heart was slowly dying.