10

Chocolate love

The next day, U-Know went out of his room early. He couldn't sleep so he just stayed up all night thinking about what had happened between him and Seohyun in the garden.

He went to the other DBSK members' rooms to see if anyone of them was already awake. Luckily, all the other DBSK members were already awake as well.

"Hyung . . . . why are you up so early?" Max asked U-Know.

"I couldn't sleep so I just decided to look if anyone of you was already awake," U-Know answered.
"You couldn't sleep? Why? Did something happen?" Xiah asked.

U-Know looked at his friends. He really needed someone he can talk to regarding what was going on between him and Seohyun. He wanted someone to tell him whether his decision was really right or wrong.

"I went out last night into the garden. And I saw Seohyun there. We talked . . . .about everything. Then she told me that she didn't love me anymore, but instead she hated me," U-Know told his friends.

"She hates you? But why?" Jaejoong asked.

"Before Seohyun left for London, she already told me that she loved me. I was basically shocked. I have treated her like my own sister for years. After she told me her feelings for me, I became confused. I didn't know what to do. I was afraid of what her brother might say if he found out. I was afraid of what my parents and sister would say. I was afraid of what everyone would say. And back then, I was just starting in my dream to become an artist. So I wasn't ready yet for any serious relationship, especially with a girl six years younger than me. So I just decided to stay away from her. After she left, she started to send me letters everyday. But I never answered her letters not even once. She even tried calling me almost every week, but I made my sister answer the calls and say that I was out even if I wasn't. I wanted her to forget me. I thought that it was the best for everybody. For three years, she continued writing and calling me non-stop. But I just continued avoiding having any contact with her. And then one day, the letters suddenly stopped coming and there were no more phone calls. At first, I thought I was relieved. But as the days passed, it was only then that I realized that I had grown accustomed to reading her letters. So when the letters stopped coming, I was constantly missing it. And together with the letters, she also stopped calling," U-Know stopped talking and tried to smile. He was trying to control his feelings.

"During the first month after she topped sending me letters and stopped calling me, I was totally at lost. And for the next three years, I had been waiting for the chance to be able to see her again. Frankly, I don't know what I was feeling for her exactly. I don't know if I just love her as a sister or more than that. I still can't get my emotions straight," U-Know confessed.

Jaejoong looked at U-Know's face. He then smiled. "Isn't it clear to you yet that you're already in love with her?" he asked.

"In love? Sometimes I think that maybe I am in love with her. But there are also times that I think maybe I just love her like my little sister," U-Know answered still confused.

"Hyung . . . . I may not know much about falling in love and all that stuff. But believe me when I say you're in love with Seohyun. We can all see it in your eyes and the way you react to her," Max said.

"But . . . ." U-Know started to say.

"Oh! Enough with the buts! We already know what you're gonna say next. 'She's only sixteen' . . . ." Micky said while being annoyed. "U-Know, if you really love her, then just forget about her age for once. In a few more years, your won't make any difference any more. So will you just drop that excuse," he continued to say.

"We can all see that you're hurting. If you really love her then tell her. Just forget about what others might say. As for her brother, he already knows right? So you don't have to worry about him anymore," Xiah said.

U-Know looked at his friends. "But she already said that she hates me. When she said those words to me, it was as if my whole world suddenly fell apart," he said with sad in his eyes.

"Then that only proves that you're really in love with her," Xiah said with a smile.

The other DBSK members weren't used to seeing U-Know very confused with something. He was always very mature and always had answers for any problems that he was faced with. It was certainly their first time to see the other side of U-Know's personality.

U-Know smiled bitterly. "What do I do now? She already hates me. I didn't know that I've hurt her so much . . . . so much that she would hate me."

Max felt sorry for U-Know. But he also understood Seohyun's reason for hating his hyung. "Sorry hyung. But I think you were really cruel when you didn't answer even one letter that Seohyun sent and when you didn't answer her calls. Frankly, I understand her situation and the reason why she hates you now," he said.

"Yes, I was cruel . . . .And I hate myself for doing those things to her. If I could only turn back the time, I would certainly try to correct my mistakes," U-Know answered sadly.

"Maybe it isn't too late yet. Why don't you tell her what you truly feel?" Micky said.

"It's too late . . . .She already has someone new in her life. I don't want to interfere. I want her to be happy. I've already caused her so much pain for so many years. I think she deserves the right to be happy," U-Know said again with sadness in his eyes.

The other DBSK members just stayed quiet. Even if they wanted to help him, he himself had decided to give up.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

"Good morning! Breakfast is ready and Taecyeon is already waiting for all of you," the old housekeeper said with a smile, as she entered the room that the boys were in.

The DBSK boys immediately went downstairs to have breakfast. They found Taecyeon already sitting at the table, reading a newspaper.

"Good morning! Did you guys have a nice sleep?" Taecyeon asked with a big smile.

"Yes, I slept quite comfortably. It's been a while since I have slept alone in a room," Max answered.

"That's good to hear," Taecyeon said.

The boys all sat down at the table. They noticed that everything was already prepared at the table.

"So where's NIchkhun and Seohyun?" Xiah asked.

"They're still in their rooms," Taecyeon answered.

"Is this really breakfast?" Max asked while looking at the different foods served at the table.
Taecyeon looked at Max.

"Yes, of course. Why do you ask?" Taecyeon asked with a laugh.

"Well . . .there's so many different foods here . . .It's like you're having breakfast, lunch and dinner all together," Max answered with a smile.

"You're my guests, so I am making sure that you guys are well taken care of. I wouldn't want your fans to say that I mistreated you guys," Taecyeon answered with a smile.

"Good morning?" NIchkhun suddenly greeted.

Everybody at the table suddenly looked at NIchkhun.

"Good morning!" Taecyeon greeted back.

NIchkhun immediately sat down at the table.

"So where's Seohyun?" Taecyeon asked.

"Still preparing, I guess," NIchkhun answered.

"Preparing? For what?" Jaejoong asked.

"She's supposed to go out today. Well, that was what she told me yesterday," NIchkhun replied.

"Go out where? She didn't tell me she had plans," Taecyeon said.

"Well . . .frankly, I don't know where she is going, and who she's going out with," NIchkhun said.

"I guess I have to talk to her myself then," Taecyeon said.

After a few more minutes, Seohyun arrived already dressed up. She was obviously going somewhere.

U-Know looked at Seohyun. His heart was aching while he was looking at her. He remembered everything that she had said to him in the garden.

"So you're going out?" Taecyeon asked right away.

"Yes," Seohyun simply answered.

"With whom may I ask?" Taecyeon asked again.

Seohyun looked at her brother. She smiled. "I am going out with some of my old friends. You remember Hyoyeon right? Well, I am going out with her and and some of our other friends. It's been six years since the last time I saw them."

"Yes . . . six years. They will surely be shocked once they saw you," Taecyeon replied.

"Shocked? Why?" Seohyun asked curiously.

"Because you've grown up to be such a beautiful girl," Taecyeon answered.

Seohyun laughed. "Wow! A compliment? Did you sleep on the wrong side of the bed dear brother? I seldom hear you give out compliments these days especially when it concerns me."

Taecyeon looked at Seohyun. She was smiling and laughing, but he knew deep down she was still hurting. He pitied his sister. How he wanted to help her. If only he could make U-Know confess to Seohyun, then maybe everything will be all right.

"So what time will you be coming home?" Taecyeon suddenly asked.

"I don't know so don't wait up," she answered.

"You're staying out all night?" Max suddenly asked.

Seohyun looked at Max's expression. She smiled. "Well . . . .maybe," she replied.

"You're letting your sister stay out all night?" Xiah asked Taecyeon.

"If she wants to, why not?" Taecyeon answered.

The DBSK boys couldn't believe that Taecyeon was allowing his sister to do whatever she pleases.

"Don't you think she's a little bit too young to be allowed to stay up so late?" U-Know suddenly asked Taecyeon.

"Even if I don't allow her, she will certainly do it anyway. So what's the point of denying her what she wants," Taecyeon answered.

"So where are you going?' Jaejoong asked Seohyun.

"At my friend's house, then we're going to see a movie, then afterwards maybe go shopping, then we're also going to a club," she answered.

"A club?" U-Know suddenly asked.

"Yes, a club," Seohyun answered with a cold voice.

"You're too young to go to a club," U-Know said.

"No, I'm not. When I was back in London, I can easily go to any club that I want to go," she answered with sarcasm.

"That was when you were in London, you're in Korea now," U-Know said with a raised voice.
Seohyun looked at U-Know. She saw the concern in his eyes, but she was too angry to even care what he was feeling.

"Even my brother can't stop me, if I want to go to. So what makes you think that you can? You're not my brother and you're certainly not my boyfriend. So what gives you the right?" Seohyun said to U-Know with anger.

U-Know didn't what to say next. He certainly had no right to tell her what she can or can not do.

"Seohyun,your friend is already waiting for you at the gate," the old housekeeper suddenly announced.

"Oh . . . then I must be going," Seohyun said in a hurry. She quickly kissed Taecyeon on the cheek.

"Bye . . ."

Seohyun hurriedly left the dining room.

"Who is at the gate, a boy or a girl?" Taecyeon asked the housekeeper.

"A young man on a motorcycle," the old housekeeper answered.

U-Know's heart suddenly skipped a beat.

Taecyeon laughed. "I'm impressed. She 's only been in Korea for one day and she already has a boy picking her up."

"You better believe it. Back in London, all she has to do is call and she can have more tha half the boys' population in our school," NIchkhun said.

"Really? She's that popular?" Taecyeon asked with a smile.

"Yes. She can have anyone from the different teams . . .football, swimming, track and field, basketball . . .Frankly, I don't even want to count. All the boys in our school would do anything just to have the chance to go out with her," NIchkhun answered.

"Well . . .my sister is quite pretty. So that's only natural," Taecyeon said again with a laugh.

"Quite pretty? The term the boys in our school call her is gorgeous and totally hot," NIchkhun said with a laugh.

U-Know was feeling very jealous just hearing Taecyeon and NIchkhun talk about Seohyun. He couldn't help himself from imagining Seohyun in the middle of so many young men.

"I just hope she doesn't drink," NIchkhun suddenly said.

"Why?" Max asked with concern.

"Well, she's not really good at drinking. She has low tolerance for anything alcoholic. So just a little sip and she gets drunk easily. And frankly, when she becomes totally blank whenever she gets drunk. I just hope her friends know how to handle her when she gets drunk," NIchkhun answered.

"If you already knew that she was like that . . .then why didn't you try to stop her?' U-Know suddenly asked NIchkhun. He was very irritated.

NIchkhun looked at U-Know's angry expression.

"Try to stop her? Are you kidding? No one can stop her. If you try to stop her from doing something that she wants, the more she will persist. And you will certainly regret the fact that you tried to stop her in the first place. Because she will do what she wants to do in the worst way possible. That's how wild she is," NIchkhun answered.

U-Know's heart suddenly stopped beating. It was as if he couldn't breathe. He felt so terrible. He was blaming himself for Seohyun's wild behavior and personality.

After breakfast, they all tried to pass the time watching some movies, eating and drinking, chatting with one another and playing some video games.

While Taecyeon, NIchkhun and the other DBSK members were busy playing, U-Know was just quietly watching them. He was constantly thinking about Seohyun. He was very worried about her.

Time passed quickly, and it was already evening. After dinner, U-Know was already very worried. He was constantly looking at his watch. Seohyun still hasn't arrived.

Taecyeon, NIchkhun and the other DBSK boys have already noticed how U-Know was looking at his watch, and then looking out the window.

Taecyeon smile. "You're worried about Seohyun, aren't you? She's a big girl now. You don't have to worry about her."

U-Know looked straight at Taecyeon. He couldn't believe that he wasn't worried about his sister.

Time passed again, and it was already midnight. U-know was totally restless. By the time the clock struck one o' clock, he had finally decided.

"I am going to look for Seohyun," U-Know suddenly announced to Taecyeon and the others.

Everyone in the room suddenly looked at U-Know. Taecyeon smiled.

"But hyung . . . where are you going to look for Seohyun? We don't even know what club she went to," Max suddenly said to U-Know.

"I don't know . . . Even if I have to go to each and every club in Seoul, I am going to do it. But I will find her," U-Know answered.

Taecyeon smiled again.

"Well, we can't let you go alone. So we're coming with you," Jaejoong said.

"Yes, we will help you," Xiah said with a smile.

The DBSK boys were about to leave the room, when Taecyeon suddenly called U-Know.

"What?" U-Know asked with irritation. He still couldn't believe that Taecyeon wasn't doing anything or wasn't even concerned about his sister.

"Here take this. You'll need this to find her," Taecyeon suddenly took out his cell phone and gave it to U-Know.

U-Know looked at the cell phone that Taecyeon gave him.

"Why did you give me your phone? I have my own phone," U-Know said to U-Know.

Taecyeon laughed. "Seohyun's phone has a GPS tracking device installed without her knowledge, of course. My phone is designed to track her phone. So I'm giving you my phone so you can easily find her," he explained.

U-Know suddenly smiled. Taecyeon was still a very caring brother to Seohyun after all.

"And take this too . . . .It's the key to the van. Use it . . ." Taecyeon added.

"Thank you . . . ." U-Know said to Taecyeon as he and the other DBSK members left.