Hot Trails

Day X Night

What is that suppose to mean ?

Amber looked around, but there’s no sign of Key at the hallway.

“Amber !”

She turned and found Minho, Onew and Taemin walked toward her.

“Hoy !” Amber waved at them and gave them high fives.

“Noona ! Oh I can’t wait for tonight !” Taemin squealed.

Onew hit his head hard, “Pabo !”

“Hahhahaha…what are you guys up to ?” Amber slowly joined them walk outside the building.

Minho threw a deathly glance at Taemin, “Forget it, it’s just something stupid that Taemin wanted to do.”

Amber laughed, “But it sounds like fun ! Ah anyway, have you seen Key ? Haven’t seen him all day.”

“You don’t know ? He already left the campus before lunch.” Onew seemed a bit surprised.

Amber looked even more surprised, “Jinjjayo ? Is he sick or…”

“Don’t worry, he’s fine. But he want us to ask you something.” Minho smiled, “He asked why he couldn’t reach your phone since last night.”

“Really ?” she checked her cellphone, there aren’t any miscalls.

Onew patted her shoulder, “We gotta get going now ! Tell the girls we can’t joined the movie night, sorry…”

“But just so you know, the girls are so going to be mad at you guys !”

“We know that !” they replied at the same time.

Suzy, looking at those guys from afar, while contacting someone in hurry, “Go, prepare yourself.”

***

Amber stopped by the college park and was about to call Max, when suddenly Krystal ran to her. She looked pale and all and she panted hard when she sat next to her.

“Yah, what’s wrong ?” Amber slid her phone back.

“Did you… meet Minho, and… the others ?” Krystal panted hard.

“They just went…that way.” Amber pointed at the main campus gate. “Oh, they’re probably going back to the club house.” she assumed.

“Did they say something, about where they’re going to go, or anything ?”

Amber chuckled, “Hahhahahha, Krystal, are you missing Minho already ?”

“I’m not joking eonnie !! I overheard Minho called Onew about ‘Fire Track’ or something about racing…”

Fire Track ?

Isn’t that one of the famous underground biker race ?

“Taemin did say something about ‘doing wild things’... Onew also said that they’re not going to join our movie night ! CRAP !!!” Amber grabbed Krystal, “Come on !”

***

The apartment is spacious and the design is simply minimalist. It’s quite something for a college girl who live by herself.

“Are you feeling okay now ?” Key asked to the girl sitting in the couch of her living room.

Nicole nodded, “Ne, gomawoyo oppa…” she sipped the hot tea that Key made for her.

Key sat next to her. “It’s a good thing that I met you. I can’t imagine you’re crying like that while driving yourself home !”

She sniffed, “Mianhae oppa, next time I’ll take care of myself better…”

Key patted her head, “It’s fine. Sometimes you need someone else to take care of you…”

Nicole wanted to lean on his shoulder, but she held back.

Key smiled at her, “Yah, it’s okay if you wanna use my shoulder. Go on.”

She was blushing, “Gomawo oppa…” she mumbled on his shoulder.

Key hugged her close to him, making her comfortable, “Yeah, anytime.”

***

Night falls fast, and it’s chaotic at Victoria’s room. Amber kept blaming herself for dragging all the girls to this sticky situation. Now those girls are going to go to the race too, it’s all thanks to her.

“Iiiish…I shouldn’t say anything.” Amber pouted at the corner of the room, watching the girls busy picking up the perfect ‘badass’ outfit.

“Do you think I should make a fake tattoo ? Here, on my neck ?” asked Krystal stupidly to Luna.

“No, just wear your black jacket and show your cool face. You looked like a gangster already.” replied Luna, while she’s trying out some black eyeshadow on her face.

Amber doesn’t want the girls to be involved in this kind of business. For her, it’s just another dark world and she’s used to it. But these girls aren’t used to it, even if they put up some great costume to looked fierce and blend in, they’re not going to make it.

“Vic eonnie, may I use your toilet ?” Amber stepped carefully between the scattered clothes on the floor.

“Sure !” Victoria’s busy tying Sulli’s hair into a clean ponytail.

Amber locked the toilet door behind her and sighed. She cracked the ventilation fast with her skilled hand and climbed out of it, leading her to the backyard.

Sorry girls, I’m off first !

***

The sound of the fierce engines are roaring in the dark. Amber could smell cigarettes thickening the air. Some es threw her a look, thinking that she’s one of the guy. Many gangs and bikers are hanging with their motorcycles, bragging about the speed or whatsoever. At the side of the road, some men are busy putting a bet on their riders and laughed on some crappy jokes.

Where’re the boys?

“You’re fast. I was just about to call you.” said an annoying voice behind.

“Would you stop that ? Stop appearing wherever I go !” Amber pushed Max away.

“Another Miss A is here. You better brace yourself.” he’s observing the crowd.

Damn ! What are those boys getting themselves into ?!

“I’m going to look for my friends. Don’t follow me around, please.” Amber warned him.

Max sniffed in joy, “Oh, you mean them ?” pointing to the road, where some motorcycles are set to race.

Amber looked at the direction and scoffed in madness, “Pabo !!!”

Taemin took off his helmet and squinted his eyes…”Omo, hyeong ! Hyeong ! Is that Amber noona ?”

Minho put the helmet back on his head, “Cover your face.”

Amber ran toward them, “Yah !! I saw you already, don't hide Taemin !”

Onew stepped forward to explain, “Listen, listen, it’s okay, there’s nothing to worry about…”

“Nothing ? You could kill yourselves !! Is Jonghyun oppa here too ? Where is he ?”

Minho tried to calm her, “Jonghyun’s not here, okay ? He’s on a date.”

Amber punched each of them hard on the chest, “Great, why don’t you just stay with him, dating is better than THIS.” she took off Taemin’s helmet and kicked it away.

“Amberya…we’re sorry we didn’t tell you, okay ?” Minho used his soothing smile, but this time it won’t work on her.

“Yah oppa, why are you doing this all of a sudden ?!” she barked.

Minho sighed, “Taemin wanted to…”

 “RIDERS, GET SET !”

An eccentric guy shouted from his microphone, giving a signal that the race is going to start soon.

“Wish me luck Amber noona !” Taemin wore his helmet again and ride on his big bike. Where did he even get that kind of motorcycle ?

“Taemin, DON’T.” Amber saw the fierce competitor beside him, showing off with his roaring engine.

“3…2…1…”  A y chick walked to the center spot and bend her flag.

“Taemin, it’s dangerous !!” Amber pleaded and stared at Minho and Onew, “Are you guys not going to stop him ?”

Minho sighed, “He’ll be just fine. He need to accept the challenge though.”

“What challenge ?!”

“GO !”

Taemin kicked off and his bike flashed to the road ahead. His rival also dashed side to side with him.

Amber clenched her fists, “You don’t understand !! There’re some…dangerous people tonight. It’s hard to explain, but seriously, HYEONG, why are you letting him join this race ??”

“A guy challenged him and he accepted it ! I couldn't stop him!!” he almost yelled.

“What is going on ?!” Amber yelled back madly. Minho and Onew glanced stiffly at each other.

***

At the other side of the road, another rider is getting ready in his helmet, and he surprised people when he joined the race too.

“YAH ! It’s not your turn yet, HEY !” the microphone guy yelled at the illegal rider, but it’s too late.

Amber ran to a group of riders nearby and jumped to one of their bike.

“Hey what are you doing !!” the owner growled at her.

Amber didn’t give a damn and started the engine right away. She didn’t even put any helmet and dashed away with the stolen bike.

“HEY HEEEEY ! STOP THERE !” the microphone guy yelled again in frustration when Amber passed him fast.

“AMBER !!!” Minho and Onew shouted, but she’s off already.

 “Call Jonghyun ! He had connections, right ?” Onew suggested.

Minho barked, “Then what’s the use ?! Grab your car, we’re going after her.”

***

Amber POV

“Two days ago we went to a café and Taemin accidentally bumped into a guy. Turned out he’s a rider and he challenged Taemin for a battle.” Minho explained.

“Did Jonghyun and Key know ?” I asked.

“No, they don’t know anything. Me and Onew promised to keep it secret.”

“Jinjjayo…then why did he accept the challenge ?!” I trembled in anger.

“You know our Taemin, he doesn’t like to be called weak and all…and before we could even discuss it, he already accepted the challenge.”

Is Miss A plotting behind it ? I kept thinking about it when I followed that rider on the U-turn. Who is this illegal rider anyway ? Why is he joining the race ?

I sped up to catch up with him and took a glimpse of his face.

Oh, great. He’s a girl. I’m not sure if she’s another ‘cloning’ of Miss A or something, but…

I took a sharp turn and blocked her way. But she twisted and managed to get away from me. I sped up and sped up, when suddenly I realized how stupid I am. I was totally forgot to catch up with Taemin and was distracted by this illegal rider. My engine screamed and I could feel this bike burnt the road when my speed reached 95 km/h.

“Taemin !!!” I shouted my best, competing with the sound of my own ride.

I could see two figures ahead of me now. One of them must be Taemin, but I couldn’t see clearly from this range. So I sped up again, but I think I’ve reached the maximum speed. Argh!

That rival is trying to get Taemin off his bike, and started kicking his bike violently. Uh, what a cheap bastard !!

“YAH !!” I roared my gas to pace my ride and catch up with him. He seemed to noticed me and slowed down a bit, waiting for me.

Nice, face me if you dare, punk !

When I finally caught up with him, the illegal racer behind me suddenly flashed by and slowly I could see that she’s after Taemin ! I left the bastard rival, and now going after her.

“Taemin, speed up !!!” I yelled, but Taemin didn’t seem to hear me.

Out of nowhere, that illegal racer kicked Taemin (Hey stop kicking him ! Why is everybody kicking him like that ?!!), also trying to get him off his bike.

Oh not now...

A thick fog started to blur my vision as I reached closer to them. I can’t lose track of Taemin now, I need to see where he…

BOOM !!!

This can’t be happening...

I don’t know what’s going on but I ditched my bike and ran through the fog.

This can’t be happening.

“Taemin…?”

This can’t be happening.

“Amber noona !” Taemin was sitting limply on the road, his bike is flaming about 10 meters ahead.

I hugged him in reflect, “Gwaenchana ?”

“Mmm gwaenchanayo... “ he got up right away and gazed in horror to his burning bike. He seems fine though, good then.

“Hey, where’s that girl ? The other biker, where is she ?” I just realized that she disappeared now.

Taemin shook his head, “I didn’t see her clearly. It was so fast, I don’t know…” Taemin mumbled in confusion and I gave him a hug.

“Yah pabo, you don’t need to prove anything! I know you’re all grown up now, you don’t need to kill yourself like this !! I heard everything from Minho.” I can’t help but scolding him.

He pouted, “Mianhae noona…”

"Oh look at that, you got yourself burnt even without my help, huh ?" the original rival stopped by to mock Taemin in the face.

"Get lost, punk !" Amber growled at him and he left with laughters on his stupid bike.

I’ll get you for this, Miss A.

It's on.

***

to be continued...

*speechless*

thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing... XD