Maximum

Day X Night

 

Max POV

Yunho kept asking me the same question for the past few hours. He would sit by my bed and threw that pity look on me then asked, “How are you feeling rght now?”

And everytime he asked, I just nodded, without even knowing what my nod even meant. 

I don’t…, I can’t. I just can’t tell how I feel right now.

And Yunho doesn’t seem to understand.

“What should we do…what should we do…” he’s been asking that to himself for the past few hours. Our wrecked office had been turned into an emergency room because of me, and plenty of bloody bandages are scattered on the floor.

I glanced at my left foot for the hundred times, and I know it’s there.

It’s perfectly there.

But I can’t feel it anymore, right after I touch my knee, and then it’s gone. I could see my hand touching my foot, but I felt nothing.

Nothing.

“Hyeong…”

But Yunho didn’t hear me, drown in his own hectic mind.

“Hyeong!!”

This time he turned his head to me, showing a rare side of him, that even I hadn’t witness it for a while now. A look of fear, but strong at the same time. It’s even complicated for me to see him like this.

“So…” he almost whispered, “…tell me, what’s going to happen now?”

I sighed, trying to arrange the best words I could say, “I don’t think we can continue- -“

“YAH! “ he yelled, making his own voice echoed inside this small room.

“No, no, listen to me hyeong. I’m not giving up, okay? I’m NOT.” I tried to win his attention back.

Yunho, with his hardened stance, decided to lean on the wall while waiting for my next sentences.

“I still want…to take Raven back. But, could we just, let her go?”

Yunho let out a confused expression, “You want her, but you wanna let her go? What is wrong- -“

I cut in immediately, “I don’t give a damn about the code anymore. I just want her to live a safe life with me.”

BRAGGHHH!

I closed my eyes, but I could hear the sound of him jamming the table massively, his heavy footsteps coming toward me, and fast. Yunho must be hating me to the core right now. And I've anticipated that.

I felt my collar is being grabbed roughly and when I opened my eyes, Yunho’s face was just 5cm far from my nose.

“We’ve spent every second dreaming and searching for the code holder, but now you want to leave it all loose just like this??!” his voice vibed every anger he could possibly hold as his teeth gritted.

I pushed him away, “And I know I’ve done the same, hyeong! We have. But, there’s someone out there trying to get her too, what am I supposed to do with that huh?!!”

I tried to move from my bed, but my left foot’s not following me at all. And then I started to feel the pain striking from my knee.

It’s…painful.

Yunho roughly pushed me back to my sitting position, “I don’t wanna be fake in front of you, so I need you to know that I… will stay true to our plan, with or without you.  You got that?”

I stared at my left foot, blaming it for not letting me go. Yunho sighed, “Ah…we’re going to find you a doctor too..”

***

Click!

Fei hang up the phone. “Jia just found them. She’s bringing them back as soon as possible.”

The other girls sighed in relief, drowning in their own seats on the sofa. While Key is busy flexing his body after being stunned for hours.

“Is she okay?” he asked fast and Fei just nodded. “Jia didn’t say anything, so I guess they’re alright~”

Key pouted, but still in his cynical look, “Are you sure? Coz there must be a reason why they sent me back here ahead of them…right?”

Suzy waved to him lazily, “Come come, sit and don’t talk anymore. You’re only making us more nervous.”

But Key chose to sit elegantly on the coffee table, facing the three of them cockily. His mind is full of questions right now, and has been that way since he met those girls. But he knows that none of his questions will be answered by them. Pretty much, useless effort.

“So, is there anything you’d like to ask?” asked Fei, successfully drew a shock expression on Key’s face.

He raised his eyebrow in horror, “Do you, by any chance, have a kind of psychic power or something?”

Min answered for her, “No, it’s called ‘INTUITION’. In this business we need that to survive you know.”

“Ok fine. “ Key sighed fast, “What is it? There must be something in Amber that you’re after, isn’t it? Tell me, what is it?”

Suzy shook slowly, “Nothing. I mean, our boss ordered us to protect her. And only that.”

“But there MUST BE something!” Key insisted.

Before Fei manage to cool off the heat,  a glossy beeping sound appeared from the ceiling. Key didn’t even realize when Suzy got up and clumsily looking for a remote under the sofa.

“Pali pali ! Turn it off!” Min helped her rummaged the sofa in hustle.

Key got off from the coffee table, confusedly look around as well, “Wha- what’s going on? What remote?!”

“Eeeeisssh…you’re trying to turn me off again, aren’t you?!!”

Fei chuckled, “Ahahah it’s too late girls…”

Suzy and Min stopped their actions and turned around in embarrassment. JYP’s face are all over the ceiling now, and he doesn’t look happy at all. Key, still amazed by the sudden scene, dared himself to step forward and took a closer look of the man in the screen.

“Is this a teleconference? Waah…jinjja, you girls are really something.” he adored the hollow screen that’s now slowly bending down like a plasma TV.

JYP glanced at Key, “Kim Ki Bum-ssi, ah…how should I put this to you..” he remained silent for a few seconds before continued, “First of all, I’m glad you’re okay. Regarding to the rules, a civilian like you mustn’t get involved, but I guess, you’re an exception, eh?”

Key raised a shoulder, “Well, I guess so. Are you their so-called boss?” he said, pointing at Miss A.

“Yah!” Suzy yelled but Key ignored her.

He continued, “What kind of organization is this? If you’re not government officials, why did the guys in the police department seems to respect these girls?”

“Hey, you have no rights asking a question like that!” Min jumped in.

But JYP gave her a halting sign, “It’s okay. He deserves to know. I mean, his girlfriend is in danger, so as a boyfriend he- -“

“Hey…what girlfriend are you talking about?!” Key looked irritated.

JYP sighed happily, “What you said is true, Kim Ki Bum-ssi. We’re not government officials. JYP Operation is a private organization, specializing in crime in the the cyber world. “

“So you guys are ‘cyber polices’ ?” asked Key bluntly.

“We’re not!” Suzy tried to esplain but JYP stopped her right away.

“Yeah, not exactly cyber polices, we have different responsibilities.”

“Ah…wait a sec there, Amber’s a hacker, you have an authority to jail her, but why haven’t you? It’s like you’re only chasing her here and there… “ Key tried to sum up the situation.

JYP sighed again, “That’s why we’re NOT 'police'. We don’t put people in jail. We’re more of a team for investigation, if you want to put it that way. Well yes, we’ve been investigating Raven for some time now, and we found out that her father was someone very valuable in the science world.”

“And since Amber has been active in her hacking business, some parties have been searching for her in a very aggressive and unusual way. Silently my girls have swept out those people and managed to protect her until now. That’s why we need her to be under our watch from now on, and to find out what’s luring so many people into her.”

“Those people…including her clients too?” asked Key, a bit surprised.

“Some of them, yes. But the rest are merely just people who needed her to do their dirty work.”

Key sat back in the coffee table, processing a whole bunch of new informations. It’s not the fact that there’re many people are actually after Amber that's bothering him, but the fact that he knows nothing about it. All this time they went to school together, they dance and talk about dreams… but he didn’t even know that every second someone might have endangered her life. She thought she’ll endanger him, and the others, but she never knew she herself has been in danger all these years.

“. . .and don’t you try to switch me off again, girls. I’m watching you!”

Before Key could even ask more, JYP had left the conversation. The girls chuckled and chatted a little before finally going back to Key. Just by looking at his face, they’re sure that this guy was quite shocked by the explanations.

“Ah it’s Jia again!” Fei picked up the call.

“There’s storm? Eh? But everything’s fine right? Ok. Ok, I’ll tell the girls. Take care.” Fei ended the call.

“Well that was a VERY quick call, what’s happening there?” asked Min right away.

Fei shrug it off, “A sudden delay, because of the weather. But she said she could make it in time, maybe around 8 in the morning tomorrow?”

“Well then excuse me girls, think I’m gonna have to borrow your sofa.” said Key out of nowhere as he made himself comfortable, lying down the white-leathered sofa.

“Eh..?” Suzy mumbled.

Key smirked, “I’m staying here tonight, and not leaving until Amber’s back safely.”

***

 

A delicious smell managed to distract Key from his sleep, well it wasn’t like he just had a deep slumber either, but usually he wouldn’t be easily awaken just by a ‘mere’ smell of food.

“Aigoo…what’s with this…” he woke up in a slow motion, annoyed by the smell but somehow loving it.

He looked around and decided to stay in the sofa a bit longer, enjoying a beautiful morning scene in that mansion. The kitchen is just across the living room, so from where he’s sitting now, he could spot Fei right away behind the high kitchen table, the cause of this awesome smell. A spark of sunrays started to pour in through the glass windows, and for a second there he thought that everything was so normal, for a house full of headstrong girls –not to mention martial art experts too.

…yeah until he saw Min sliding down the stairs, ran, jumped, and landed perfectly in front of him.

“Morning Key!” she said, and in a blink of an eye, she’s already with Fei in the kitchen, helping her out.

“Agghhhh…what are you?? NINJA?!” Key got up from the sofa, irritated.

BEEP! BEEP!

Key looked around, “What’s that? Burglar alarm?!”

Fei immediately ran to the back door, “I bet it’s them! How come Jia didn’t tell me they’re coming…ah…” she suddenly stopped as she opened the door.

“Heechul oppa! What happened to you? Jia ya…you said everything’s ok!” Key could heard her voice from the living room.

He quickly ran to Fei to find out and then…he does nothing. Right when he saw them, he froze just like that.

“Hyeong…”

Amber, still holding one of Heechul’s arm, looked pretty surprised to find Key in this mansion. She’s still wearing yesterday’s jacket and there’s an obvious black shadow under her eyes. The same goes even worse for Heechul, bandages covering his forehead and he looked so tired. Jia immediately helped Heechul with the other arm and together they led him to the second floor, leaving Key speechless.

Min patted his shoulder, “There, we made our promise. Amber is back safely!”

Key wanted to talk back, but he didn’t know what to say.

Amber…

***

New readers and subscribers, welcome to 'Day X Night' ! ^^

Hope you're enjoying your stay here~ kekekeke

Please leave your comments and tell me what you think !

Thanks for reading and subscribing~^^