Amber and Amber

Day X Night

Key glanced over Max, who’s been standing by the bars ever since Amber was put in there. He hate his stares over her. Could he give her a break, for being in jail now? I bet he has something to do behind this under abeoji’s orders.

“Yah hyeong, you’re troubling her. Stop staring at her like that.” Key scolded him.

Max put both hands into his pants, slowly stepped back from the bars, “As you wish…”

Key approached him fast, “You’re behind this, aren’t you? Abeoji told you to be my ‘bodyguard’ but you secretly receiving orders from him to spy on her and finally find the right time and reason to put her in prison. Tell me I’m wrong.”

Max simply answered, “Yes, you’re right.”

The charming detective put on a smile, “It’s true. Detective Kim has been ordering me to make sure that you’re not getting involved with her. So, you can say that I did a little spying on her to gain informations.”

Key took out his cellphone and pushed it to Max’s face, “Is this part of your job ? I don’t know how you did it, but somehow I can’t contact her with this cellphone. You must be responsible for this.”

“Mianata,  but for now, just get used to it. She’s a suspect anyway.” Max replied in a blow.

“YAH !!! DO YOU REALLY- -“ Key was about to grab Max’s collar when someone hold him from the back.

“Hoy hoy, Key, stop it already !” Jonghyun managed to hold him back.

Key showed his cellphone to Jonghyun with a pissed face, “Can you believe me Jjong ?!  This guy, put a bug or something into my phone and HELL, that’s why I couldn’t contact Amber !! Is he a psycho or something ?!”

Jonghyun tried to stay calm, “Ok, settle down, don’t you think it’s worse for Amber who’s watching you like this now ?”

Key froze right away, realizing that the tomboy has been staring at him the whole time. She's sitting at the corner, with her wrists locked in a handcuff. She’s staring at him, smiling like there’s nothing going on.

How could you look this calm ?

Jonghyun pressed himself to the bars and grinned at her, “Yah pabo, why did you answer my call ah ?”

She bent her head in confuse, “What call ?”

“That call…I was…” Jonghyun paused, “Forget it. Gwaenchana ?”

She’s nodding her head happily, “Gwaenchanayo…”

Jonghyun left her a smile before Key dragged him away from the bars. His father just walked in, and Jonghyun could feel the tense in the air. Two cops are opening the bars and took Amber with them. Key threw a hard look to Det. Kim, who threw back the same look and said, “Follow me. See for yourself.”

On the way to the interrogation room, they saw Onew and Minho struggling with the officers to stay and wait for Taemin. Key took a glance from the glass window and Taemin is a bit shaky, answering questions from a chubby officer in front of him.

“You guys better get some rest and go home… When Taemin’s done, just go home, okay ?” said Key to them, and his coming made the officer stepped away in respect.

The officer nodded, ”We have rules and authorities here, Mr. Choi.”

Minho added, “Hmm, actually we have an important role here. We are the witnesses.”

“We’ll call you when we need you, Mr. Choi.” He turned to Key, “As for you, eventhough you’re Mr. Kim’s son, it doesn’t give you the right to stay. We’ll drive you home, and so is your friend.” he hinted to Jonghyun.

“I know my limits, Officer Baek.” Key walked arrogantly passed him and followed his dad with Amber to the interrogation room. Jonghyun patted him good luck on shoulder.

Taemin passed the opposite way of him and pleaded, “Key oppa, you must protect Amber noona !”

The diva showed him his best smile, “You can count on me.”

As Taemin was taken out by the cops, the door now is closed to hold Amber’s interrogation by Detective Kim himself. Amber looked calm and Key’s pretty glad that she hasn’t done anything reckless so far.

Good girl, just keep your attitude and I’ll back you up…don’t worry…

“Kim Kibum. Get out.” Detective Kim started as he sat on the chair.

“You allowed me to follow you, so I’m staying here.” Key stated.

“I’m not saying you could interfere with the interrogation. Wait outside.” Det. Kim signed to his men to get Key out of the interrogation room.

“I’ll set my eyes over you- -“

“Key oppa, I’ll be fine, okay ? Please do as he said…” said the fake Amber, succeed to make Key at least nod and walked out of the interrogation room.

***

The fake Amber sat comfortably, leaning back on her chair, still with her hands locked up.

Detective Kim move an inch closer to her, to take a better look, “Tell me. You are not the one I supposed to be arresting, right ?”

“Nice. When did you realize that, detective ?” she crossed her arms, challenging the cop in front of her.

“When you were easily locked up in jail, and when you call me ‘detective’ instead of Mr. Kim.” Detective concluded, facing her challenge. Fake Amber smirked in amusement.

“Is Raven ordering you to become her replacement ?” asked Det. Kim again, and she just chuckled it off.

“Please, what I’m doing now, has no concern with Raven. “ she leaned forward, “But it has concern about this very world, detective.”

Detective Kim started to enter the game, “Well, since you dressed up like her, why don’t you represent your ‘character’ more? It’s just like the one you kids love to play, right? Costume Play. Are you a Cosplayer, by any chance ?”

She chuckled, “Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not. Listen, let’s just get to the main point. Let me stay in one of your luxurious room behind the bars, for a couple of days, detective. There’s a certain reason for this, but I can’t tell you yet.”

“Who are you and who are you working for ?” the detective replied sharply.

“Maybe this will assure you.” she smiled confidently and showed something between her palms.

Detective Kim was a bit stunned with it, but he tend to not showing it. “ Don't get so high, I’ll make sure that thing is an authentic one. My team will have some tests on it.”

“Go check on it, detective. Oh, and one more thing, don’t look for Amber Liu. I know you’re suspecting her for some illegal activities, as Raven. But trust me, let her out of your zone for a while.”

“I’m in charge here and I will decide the actions toward her.”

The fake Amber smiled in disgust, “Oh really? Like you're doing any better. You’re accusing someone innocent for a murder attempt, and it’s not very nice. Very very bad, detective.”

Detective Kim trembled on his seat, “My team is also searching for the real murder !!”

Fake Amber scoffed, “Ah…detective. How could you so proud, calling yourself a detective, hmm ?”

“This conversation is enough. I’m going to join your game for a while, Amber. But when I find anything odd about you, make sure you have the best lawyer you can get.” Detective Kim hinted his men to take her out.

***

Max clicked the door of his apartment open and knew that Amber has been inside. He took off his coat and hang it on the coat hanger by the door. A pair of worn out sneakers placed randomly before he entered the living room. He simply grabbed it and put it on the proper shoe rack. She must be exhausted.

He entered his own room looking for her, but she’s not there. Then he walked to the library for a better possibility and there she saw her. Drowned behind his laptop on the floor and he could see papers are scattered around her. She turned to greet him with an awkward smile before getting back to the screen in front of her.

He bent down next to her and peek at his own laptop, “What are you playing? My laptop has no game in it, maybe Solitaire, but that’s a bit boring isn’t it ?”

Amber kept typing on the keyboard, trying to break several codes in front of her.

“Have you taken a shower ?” he asked, seeing her t-shirt coated in blood.

The tomboy shook her head fast and kept doing her fun-time-hacking.

“Have you had dinner ?” he asked again, and the girl turned to him tiredly and said, “No, I haven’t and I don’t care. Maybe you’re the one who needs to take a bath and have some late dinner before you tell me what’s going on in the police station.”

Max smiled softly, “Okay then. I’ll prepare you some clothes to wear. I don’t like seeing you with that ugly t-shirt of yours. Blood is hard to be cleaned off fabrics, you know.”

Amber didn’t bother to reply and let the guy walked out of his own library. She held her growling stomach silently and kept continuing on her attack to Miss A’s system. But everytime she almost cracked it, there’s always a hidden defense system that blocked her way. With that same annoying sentence that has been pissing her the past late hours, pops whenever she failed to breach the system :

Sorry dear, better luck next time !

***

[Somewhere in Seoul]

“Omomo… don’t you think we should get you to the hospital ?” asked Fei to the injured girl lying down on their couch. They’re inside an all-glass mansion dominated by silver and white colour for the classy interiors. A minimalist chandelier is hanging down the ceiling.

Min looked pale but is trying to keep herself conscious, “Call some concierge doctor if you want. Maybe Dr. Lee ?”

“I’ve called him and he’s out of town now ! I told you it’s best to let Jia do this job instead.”

“So it’s okay if I die ?” the mentioned girl slide down the stairs with bowl of warm water and towel.

Fei laughed, “Of course not ! But you’re the kind of person who won’t die easily, that’s why.”

Jia pouted while wiping the blood on Min’s arm, “Suzy won’t let me do it.”

The next minutes is spent to nurse Min’s injured arm until a holographic figure of Suzy popped in front of them.

“Suzy ah !” the three of them looked relief to see their maknae’s fine.

“Your fake blood is amazing !” Jia pointed at the blood stain on Min’s clothes, congratulating the maknae who made the prop for the ‘suicide scene’.

The holograph smiled shyly, “Nah, it’s nothing… Oh Min eonnie, do you want to go to the hospital?”

Min shook her head, “It’s just a scratch.”

Fei glared at her madly, “I wonder how a scratch could produce so much blood ! It's a burn injury...”

Suzy’s holograph sat on the couch tiredly, “Min eonnie…thanks for the hardwork… But I still don’t understand…you know the bike was wrecked, right? Why didn’t you just fix the motorcycle from the beginning ?”

“Too many people. I couldn’t. It’s a good thing I kicked him off the bike right on time.” she explained short.

“How are you doing there ? Do you need back up ?” asked Fei in concern.

“Let’s see… I’m now in a cell surrounded by polices, with a latex face around my face and an itchy wig, not to mention the boyish outfit. Hmm…I think I still can make it for a couple more days. I’m handling it just fine.” the holographic Suzy assured them.

Fei replied, “Don’t send your holograph too often though... It’s dangerous.”

“Don’t worry. That holograph will disappear in 10 minutes. I just need to show you something.” the holographic Suzy sat on the coffee table.

“I’ve planted a GPS on Amber when I switched with her earlier. Jia eonnie, I need your help to keep on track with her.”

“Roger that.” Jia nodded in excitement, “Oh by the way, Amber’s been trying to attack our system for the past 3 hours.”

Min chuckled, “Let her be, she won’t pass our security anyway.”

Suzy’ holograph started to fade away, “Stay alert, she’s named Raven for a reason. Don’t let your guard down okay ? And Fei eonnie, could you tell the campus that I’m sick ? Give me a nice sickness, don’t use fever or chicken pox. Avoid Amber’s friends, especially Victoria. I’m going- -”

Before she could end her sentence, her holograph has already disappeared.

But it’s enough for the three of them to understand their job.

***

Suzy kept rubbing the patch on her neck in hope to get connected with the girls again, but she knows that her s.o.s holograph could only last for a short moment. She finally settled down to avoid suspicion and leaned at the corner of her cell.

She could see Key walking toward her cell weakly. That guy has been pretty emotional since Amber was put in cell.

“I’ll visit you first thing in the morning…I’m sorry for what my abeoji did to you.” he said, staring heavily at her.

“Don’t mind it, hyeong… Your abeoji is doing his best."

"Take care okay, I'll get you out of here no matter what." said Key before leaving her in the cell.

You're a very interesting innocent person, Key...

Let's see if you play the game well.

***

to be continued…

^^~~ Nyan nyan, I don't know what to say~

thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing !