White Roses

Day X Night

Amber POV

Oh my…eonnie, don’t cry…

I could hear Victoria eonnie is sobbing, and Luna is crying too, and Sulli sounds like she catch a cold... All my girls are crying. Even Krystal, I bet her eyes are teary too now.

I’ve woke up for about, maybe 15 minutes, but hell I’m not ready to open my eyes yet. Once I open my eyes, those girls are so going to hug me and scold me at the same time. I can imagine my ribs bones get crack into pieces because of their barbarian hugs.

Speaking of ribs, I can’t really feel my ribs now… It’s a bit scary, but I’m sure it’s because of some painkiller or something.

 

***

 

The door swung inside and figures started barging in.

“Amber !!” Jonghyun ran to her bedside before the girls could even stop him.

“Where’s Key oppa ?” asked Krystal when he saw Taemin and Minho walked after him. Minho smiled, “He’s at the Police Station now. You know, with his dad.”

“Hmm…” the girls nodded.

What was that…? Key is in the Police Station ?

Jonghyun held her hands warmly, before scolding her, “Aaiiish jinjja…what happened to you…? And why are you still so handsome even when you sleep huh ?”

“Ah, you got a problem with that, hyeong ?” Amber decided it’s the perfect time to open her eyes.

Jonghyun couldn’t hold his wave of relief, he hugged her instantly and she groaned in pain, “Aaarghh it hurts !! Hyeong ! Let go let go !” she’s struggling inside his hug. Well, at least I could feel my ribs now.

“Oh…mianhae...Gwaenchana ?” he let go of her when the girls started to launch their attack on her.

“Yaaah…why didn’t you just run from those gangsters ??” Victoria started her lecture and Sulli’s sitting beside her in worry.

“How could I run? They were surrounding me and tried to fight me !” she defended herself. Meanwhile Minho is immediately calling the nurse with the emergency button.

Taemin ‘wow’ed  in an amused way, “Amber noona is so cool !”

Amber just chuckled in embarrassment when Onew came in with cups of coffee, followed by a nurse behind him. It must be the one that came after the emergency button.

“Good morning, Miss Liu. Is there anything you feel ?” the nurse said. The girls and the boys made a space and let the nurse do the checking.

“My ribs are killing me…but I guess it’s only that.”

“The doctor’s going to visit you in a minute, “ said the nurse before she turned to the girls and the boys, “I’m sorry, but I think Miss Liu need to rest now. You could come later, 3 people max, okay ?”

Now that the nurse mentioned it, Amber just realized that there’re nine of them in the room. It’s absolutely against the hospital rules and actually she kinda like this chaotic situation. Those guys get even more random when mixed with the dorky girls, she thought.

“Aaaaah…we promise we won’t bother her, really…” pleaded Taemin but the nurse gave him a sharp look. He gave up sadly and went out with the rest of the gang.

Krystal shouted from outside the room, “Yah eonnie, do you want some dvds to watch ?”

“Ne, anything goes ! Gomawoyo !” she replied and sighed when she realize that the room is now empty.

 

***

 

Meanwhile at the Police Station, a dad and son conversation is happening inside the interrogation room. The room feels cold, with one transparent window accessing to the office, and there’s only a steel table separating two plain office chair. A dandy looking man and a feminine guy are sitting stiffly across to each other.

“Abeoji… don’t you think it’s too much ?” said Key tiredly, looking at the wise man in front of him.

The man looks real tough with his square jaw, and he’s wearing a nice but worn out brown jacket with a police badge hanging from his neck. Strands of white hair are peeping at the side of his black hair.

“What do you mean by ‘too much’ ? What I’m saying now is the result of my constant observation for months. And I want you to trust me.” he said with his bold and gentle voice.

“But I’ve known Amber for years ! She’s not somebody who would do such a thing ! Are you out of your mind ?” Key’s leaning relaxedly at the chair, facing his father with all strength he could have.

“AM I OUT OF MY MIND ? You should ask that to yourself !” he slammed the table with one slight move of a hand.

“Amber is a GIRL, okay ? That criminal you’re looking for is obviously a GUY.” He stressed some words the make sure his abeoji understand.

Kim Dae Gu gave him a questioning look.

“Ok, ok, I know she looks like a guy. But she’s been a tomboy since like, I don’t know…kindergarten ? You know that too, right ?”

The senior detective sighed, “Key… my people has been stalking her for some time and there’s no doubt that she’s the wanted hacker, Raven.”

“There’re tons of people in Seoul who dress like her and they could be the hacker too !! Abeoji…” Key started to lose his stance in front of his dad.

“We knew she was waiting for her client last night, so we were tailing her. But I didn’t expect something like that would happen, and most importantly, it happened to you.”

“What, about the gangsters ? See ? She saved me ! She’s a good citizen okay ?” Key found something to fight on.

“I suppose…you didn’t know that she could fight like that too, huh ?” ask his dad fiercely.

Tell me about it !!   I was extremely surprised too when I saw her fight like that…

“Well…Amber learnt a bit of martial art back in high school, so…I am not surprised.” Key is trying his best to cover it up.

The detective stood up, “Just because she saved you last night, it doesn’t mean she’s off the hook. I will always have my people to set their eyes on her.” and with that he left the room.

“Abeoji…you’re being non-sense.” Key sighed and laid back for a while at his stiff chair.

 

***

 

“Good evening, Raven-ssi…”

“Mmh…?” Amber unwillingly opened her heavy eyes and she saw a figure at the door, bringing a bouquet of flower in one hand.

“Wait, what did you call me…?” she tried to sit a bit higher when she realize something…

CRAP !

“Who are you !” she braced herself for all of the possibilities and even grabbed her stainless steel food tray, just in case.

The guy is somehow bringing in such a charming aura. He’s fit in a casual white long coat and he’s smiling to Amber.

“You can call me Max if you want.” he smiled and placed his bouquet of white roses at one of the tableside. He sat comfortably at the sofa under the window and looking at Amber in amusement. The dark night sky outside the window makes him even more contrast in that white outfit.

“You could be prettier if you let your hair grow longer.” he said, still in his mysterious smile.

“How do you know my codename ?” asked Amber straight to the point. What she fears the most is, if he’s a cop.

He chuckled, ”Ah…don’t worry about that…” and then he whispered huskily, “I won’t tell anybody.”

“Ah…could you be, the one who’s sending my payment ? Is your boss number 124 ?”

The guy called ‘Max’ chuckled again, “What are you talking about, hmm ? Let’s just say that I’m a fan of yours, Amber-ssi.”

“You…you know my real name too…” Amber felt sweats coming down her face as she thought that this guy know more than she could imagine. Who is this guy ?

He smiled, “I’m on your side, Amber-ssi. I’m your ally. Just get well soon so we could talk a lot more, okay ?” he got up smoothly and got out of her room like a normal visitor. She didn’t even know how did he get into her room earlier.

Just a few seconds after that bizarre event happened, the door swung opened again and she’s ready to throw the steel tray now.

“Amber !”

“Ah jinjja…” she exhaled in relief as she saw Key rushing to her bedside. He’s still wearing the same outfit from yesterday, made her wonder, what have he done all day till he didn’t change his clothes.

“Where were you oppa ?”

“Abeoji missed me so he wanted to talk to me for a while at his office.” he said, “How are you feeling ?”

“Fine, it’s just a small crack..”

“What ‘small crack’ ah ? You fainted right before my eyes after beating those monsters ! It was scary, okay ?” he almost yelled when he said that.

“It’s okay, hyeong, really~” she said jokingly.

Key chuckled, “You were totally cool you know, and I was thinking…what do you think if I join the Tae Kwon Do club ?”

“Pfffttt…really ? At our campus ?” Amber almost laughed but she held herself though.

“Yeah, next time there’re monsters like that, I’m the one who’s going to protect you, silly !” he said it playfully, but Amber could feel her face is burning out of nowhere.

“Oh my…you’re getting red ! Gwaenchana ?” said Key, fanning her face stupidly with his hand.

I’m glad you’re okay, oppa.

 

***

here's chapter 2... tell me if it's lack of something >.<

thanks for reading and subscribing ! *bow*