The Runway

Day X Night

 

Applauses filled the whole corridor as the models started to walk on the small runway stage. Victoria, Luna, Sulli and Krystal are also paying much attention at the show and clapped whenever a model walked in and out. Since they got the front row seat from Key, they really are enjoying the fashion show now.

Minho, who sat behind the girls, tucked Krystal’s shoulder softly, “Hey, where’s Amber ?”

“A-ah ?” Krystal turned around in surprise and found Minho’s smiling at her. She smiled back at him awkwardly.

“Oh, Amber..she must be still at the toilet now. Waeyo ?” she replied fast before set her eyes back on the show again.

 

***

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??? Get lost !” Amber tried pushing the figure out of the female restroom. Is it a coincidence, or he took a prefect time when there’re only 2 of them in the restroom now.

“I won’t move until you tell me what’s going on.” replied the figure, who’s lately known by Amber as ‘Max’.

“It’s not the right time, or the right place, dude. I’ll give you the details tonight, OK ?” Amber tried pushing him out of her way, but apparently he’s stronger than her.

Max stared at her sharply, “I know you met one of them, last night.”

Amber rolled her eyes, “Of course you know ! You know everything about me and my small world. Then there’s nothing to explain, right ?”

“I need the information now. Describe me her appearance.” he’s blocking the doorway.

Amber chuckled, “Ah de… you know I met her, but you didn’t get to see her face ?”

“To see her face, is your job. To identify and memorize her appearance, is also your job.”

Amber clenched her fists in temper, “I will tell you the details LATER, do you understand ?? Give me a break, what’s the rush...”

“What did you say…What’s the RUSH ? While you’re playing around here in your college, she might be out there, declaring a war between South Korea and North Korea, for the worst case. Are you happy with that ?” Max gave her a sharp glance.

“As long as I’m watching her, she wouldn’t even dare step out from here.” Amber sighed.

Max was startled, “She’s here ? One of Miss A is studying here ?”

“Later, dude.” Amber tried to pass him but then he stopped her with a slight touch…

…on her wounded ribs.

“Aakhh !” she fell on her knees, holding her wound tightly.

Max smirked, “I know you weakness, Amber. I know it all…”

Someone’s opening the door and Max stepped out of the way.

“Hey, this is a girl’s restroom !! GET OUT !” yelled the girl at him, and Max ‘politely’ bowed before going out of the restroom. Amber swore that he just threw her a sharp glance before leaving the door.

“Oh…gwaenchana ? Did the man do anything bad to you ??”

Amber looked up at the familiar voice and her eyes almost popped when she saw Nicole standing in front of her, lending her a helping hand. A picture of Key measuring her waist flashes on her mind…it’s unbelievable she’s talking to ‘that’ girl face to face now.

“Ah, gwaenchanayo, I was tying up my shoe laces. Gomawo.” Amber got up in pain and smiled at her.

Nicole looked extremely gorgeous in an Indian theme dress, with feathers pinned at the side of her long wavy hair. As expected from oppa, to design something this gorgeous…

“Nicole-ssi, right ?” asked Amber awkwardly.

“De, and of course you’re the famous Amber, right ?” she replied cheerfully.

Amber nodded casually, “Oh..shouldn’t you be on stage by now ?”

She chuckled, “A model needs to pee too, you know. My turns has ended anyway, so it’s okay.”

“Yeah, mmm.. nice dress you have there.” Amber didn’t know what to say.

She turned bright right away, “Of course ! Key oppa is the designer ! He’s so talented, you know.”

Yeah, yeah I know he’s talented, ever since we’re in elementary school.

“Hey, aren’t you close to him ? I often see you hang around with him and SHINee crew.” she asked curiously. By the way, SHINee is the name of Taemin’s dance group. Just a little group consisting Onew, Minho, and Jonghyun, to practice together at college. But Key sometimes joined their practice too only to have fun.

“Ah. We’re best friends…” Amber answered humbly.

“Hmm…it must be nice to be close to him all the time…” she hung her sentence before finally smile and shrugged it off. “I think I couldn’t hold my pee any longer… Wanna come back together to the show later?”

“Eh ? Oh, sure sure.”  Amber clumsily waiting for her outside the restroom. She didn’t even have any idea why the hell she would be nice at that model-girl.

Suddenly her phone buzzed and an unidentified number popped along with a text message.

Raven eonnie, don’t you think these dresses are beautiful ? 

“Damn you Miss A !” she cursed the empty air, flashing off to the show corridor.

She ran and broke through the crowd as the upbeat music roaring in the air and the sound of applauses mixed together. She kept bumping people out of her way until she saw the backstage door at the end of the crowd.

“Is there a girl named Bae Sue Ji here ?!” she asked all the busy students she met at the backstage.

“You mean, Suzy ?” one of the make up student responded.

Aaaah!! She really is here !

“Oh ! Where is she ?” asked Amber fast. The student pointed at the changing area inside.

She saw the models were getting ready with the next outfit, but she didn’t see any sign of that Suzy brat.

“Hey hey, what do we have here…?“ a guy suddenly patted her shoulder.

Amber turned around and hell she could almost drowned in her own wave of relief, seeing Key standing safely right next to her. “Hyeong !!!” she hugged him in reflects. She looked around to look for Suzy, but that girl’s still not seen everywhere. She’s good at blending in the crowd, huh ?

“I thought I’ve reserved a seat for you at the front row !” he said, linking his arm at her shoulder comfortably.  Amber didn’t know, whether this heartbeat coming from the crazy running, or because of this guy is standing too close to her now… Hold on Amber, don’t blush…

“Hmmh, stupid kid, why were you running wildly like that. Look, your face is all red now.” Key pinched her cheeks playfully. The tomboy could feel the heat creeping up her face faster than her heartbeat.

“Yah don’t pinch me !” she shrugged away shyly from him.

“Hahahah…oh by the way, I want to introduce you to someone.” he waved his hand randomly, calling someone from his back.

A tall guy stepped up next to him, spreading his charms in the air, because all the girl students at the backstage are staring at him unstoppably.

Well, except Amber.

Key introduced him, “Amber, this is Max Changmin, one of my abeoji’s top detective in his team !”

Detective ?!

Amber almost choked to hear the word ‘detective’ as she saw the guy smiling gently at her.

The guy that just hurt her ribs in a Female Restroom …a couple of minutes ago.

“Nice to meet you, Amber-ssi.” he smiled politely as if he hadn’t known her before.

Amber joined the game, “Ah…nice to meet you too, ahjussi ! Are you here to investigate something ?” she put a pressure in her words.

Max smiled, “No, I’m just here to deliver a message from his dad.”

Amber faked a smile, “Oh, I see.”

Key felt the atmosphere gotten weirder and weirder as the two of them talking to each other. He didn’t know what’s going on, but he decided to drag Max away from Amber and talked silently.

“Hyeong, are you here to spy on Amber ?! Is this an order from abeoji ?” said Key when they found a quite spot at the backstage.

“Hmm…actually, your dad did say something about that girl recently… But he’s not giving me any order to spy on her.” replied Max easily.

“And what’s with the weird atmosphere back then? Have you two met before ? Did you threaten her or something when she’s not at college ?!” Key let out all his theories exploded in once.

Max chuckled, “Aniyo… take it easy, Key. Oh and by the way, from now on, I’ll be guarding you 24/7, especially when you’re not at home.”

“Tell me, what is this, hyeong? I know dad is suspecting Amber from some kind of foolish crime or something, but this is going too far. I don’t need to be protected from my own best friend !" Key tried her best to hold his anger.

Max simply raised his shoulder, “I’m just following orders, Key.”

“Just stay away from her.” Key threatened.

Then the two of them got back awkwardly to where Amber was.

“I’m sorry I still have another line to show, I’ll meet you and the guys after show, okay ?” said Key to Amber. He threw a threatening look to his new bodyguard, before he disappeared behind the changing curtains.

“I told you, I will tell you who I am when the time is right, right?” said Max to the puzzled Amber.

“So you’re using me to capture Miss A, then you’re going to arrest me afterwards, Detective ?” Amber challenged him.

“Just trust me, Raven. And you’re not going to get hurt.”

 

***

to be continued...

Please tell me what you think, you comments are a big help for me to move on with the story >.<

Thanks for reading and subscribing !