Not Hacker, Cupid.

Day X Night

Because of all that strange things happened last night, Amber couldn’t stop yawning in today’s class. It’s only 10 minutes since class started, but she's already craving for a good sleep all day along.

Tuck !

A small crumpled ball of paper just landed on her table, successfully awoken her from her half-zombie sleep. She looked around and saw Nichkhun, a couple of chairs behind her, mimicking, ‘Go, read it !’

Ahhh…it still so early in the morning to send ‘secret’ messages like this. Give me  a break…

Are you in a good mood today ? Are you busy or something ?

Thanks, Nichkhun.

What the hell ? That’s all ?? And it’s so random !

Amber threw a tired glare at the so-called Thai Prince and threw back his little crumpled paper.

Another paper landed on her table right when she was about to go to sleep.

Could you do me a favor ?

It’s about Victoria.

Amber rolled her eyes and decided to send him a text message instead.

Seriously Khun oppa, if you’re going to ask her out, then just go ask her out !

It needed another four or five boring sentences from the teacher in front of the class, until Nichkhun finally replied her message.

She kept avoiding me ! I don’t know what’s wrong with me either. You’re her best friend, right ? Could you please help me ? ^^

Amber turned to see Nichkhun’s face. He’s smiling full of hope to her…and damn she couldn’t resist the puppy eyes. Anyway…yeah he got a point,  why does Vic eonnie kept avoiding him huh ?

She sighed and replied the text message.

Haaah…fine. What could I do for you ?

A reply came faster than before.

I need your help to make sure that she’s getting her lunch at the cafetaria. She always disappear whenever I look for her there. Kekeke, gomawoyo Amber^^~

Even when I’m not doing my job, I ended up doing similar things at the day. Gosh… I need some sleep.

***

Amber stretched and yawned freely after the class ended, getting ready for Acting Class. It’s not her favourite class, but since she’s taking Performing Arts, so yeah she has no choice but to take all general subjects.

Some random girls at the corridor greeted her as usual, screaming ‘Oppa !’ or  ‘Amber oppa !’ like some crazy fangirls. Amber just smiled at her best, didn’t want to let the girls down. Though sometimes she get annoyed. Especially when she walk with the rest of the gang, it gets really weird for her. Because, everyone would call them ‘Victoria eonnie !’ or ‘Krystal !’ or ‘Sulliya !’ or just ‘Luna !’.

But when it comes to her, it’s always have ‘oppa’ at the end of her name.

Oh what the heck.

She’s entering the auditorium lazily, where the acting class is always hold at. It’s a huge hall with stage to perform and thousands of seats to hold all the students in every special occasions.

“Miss Liu, I believe we have talked about ‘discipline’ before ?” said Mrs. Park in sarcasm. All the acting students today laughed warmly when she quickly took an empty seat next to Krystal.

“Am I that late ?” asked Amber as she put her backpack under the seat.

Krystal shook, “Nah, don’t worry. You know Mrs. Park, always sooo dramatic.”

The eccentric acting teacher began to speak, “As you all know, we always have a new theme for each of our meeting. Last week, we learnt about how to ‘fall in love’, how about this week, we’re working at the ‘angst’  ?”

The students squealed in excitement, which Amber doesn’t really understand. Why do people like to learn such a complicated feelings? Angst ? Seriously.

Amber looked around to find one of the boys, usually Minho or Onew could be seen in acting class.

Oh there he is !

Minho waved at her from the back seats, but his eyes seems to be flying somewhere. Amber chuckled, “Oppa, come here ! Sit with us !”

Minho couldn’t be more delightful and when he was about to sit next to Amber, the tomboy quickly switch her place with him, pushing him to her own seat next to Krystal.

Krystal was clearly shocked, and Minho couldn’t stop staring at Amber in embarrassment.

“I owe you one, Amber.” whispered Minho with smile on his face.

Yeah it’s better than let Minho throw crumpled papers on my table like what someone did earlier.

***

Max strolled along the outside window, watching that Miss A girl inside her class. He finally dig informations about that Miss A and found out that the name is Bae Sue Ji. Or, Suzy for short.

His phone buzzed out of a sudden.

“Changmin’s speaking.” he said to the caller.

“Sir ! Yes, your son is fine. I’m watching him right now.”

“Yes, of course.”

“No sir, no sign of Raven. Like I said, Amber Liu is not our wanted one, sir.”

“Of course, if you think it’s more secure that way.”

“Yeah, I’ll make sure that your son and Miss. Liu, won’t be involved in any form of interactions.”

“Good day, sir.”

***

“Think. Imagine. Imagine that the person in front of you has completely dragged you away… away to your anger,  to your sadness, to your madness ! Imagine…” Mrs. Park is directing the students on the stage.

Amber couldn’t hold her laugh seeing Minho, staring at Krystal with his romantic gaze, instead of anger or sadness. Krystal, on the other way, did what she always do best, being cold and chic.

“Mr. Choi Minho ! ‘Falling in Love’ is last week’s lesson ! Do you want me to change your partner ?” scolded Mrs. Park from her seat.

“Oh…jeoseonghamnida… I’ll try again !” Minho bowed in apologize.

***

“She’s not in the dance studio with you ? Oh ok, thanks Jjong.” Key flipped off his cellphone.

Key has been searching for that tomboy all day, but he just couldn’t find her anywhere. He didn’t see Max following him around today, that’s making him even more worry. He tried calling her cellphone but now he can’t even reach her, her phone seems to be dead or something…

“Ah ! Acting Class ! How could I forget !” Key mumbled to himself as he’s running toward the auditorium.

***

The door of the auditorium was slammed open, and all of the students turned to see the figure rushing in fast.

“Yah ! What’s wrong with your phone ? I’ve been calling you all night !!”

Mrs. Park was speechless, “Wha- what are you doing here, you’re interrupting my class !”

“Your husband is in the hospital !!” the stranger man yelled.

“M-mwo ?!” Mrs. Park looked instantly pale and let the man grabbed her arm as they left the auditorium.

“Sorry…class dismiss !” Mrs. Park managed to say it before disappearing behind the door.

The students were all still frozen at their spots, gazing at each other, realized that their class has just been dismissed.

Amber happily grabbed her bag and dragged Krystal along, “Come on, help me find Vic eonnie !”

***

Key figured out the auditorium to be empty, and he sighed deeply for the hundred times today.

Damn, where’s that kid ?!

He was about to walk out when suddenly he hear a sobbing sound out of nowhere.

“Oh, is there someone here ?” he asked around to the spacious auditorium, looking for the crying girl.

He looked around and walked to the back of the auditorium, where he could hear the sobbing more clearly.

A familiar girl curled up on her knees behind the audience seats, and sobbed until her eyes swollen.

“Oh my god…Nicole ? What’s wrong…?” Key hugged her and naturally let the girl cried at his chest.

"I..I was so..stupid...op-oppa..." she sniffed miserably and tried to talk.

“Do you know that you look extremely ugly in your crying face ? I won’t have you as my model if you keep having that ugly face. “ said Key sharply, and Nicole just cried even harder. He didn’t know what happened to her, but it’s somehow hurts to see her like this.

***

Nichkhun smiled when he saw Victoria sit at the table he’s been preparing for at the cafeteria. Amber smiled at him from afar, “Good luck Khun!”

At first they looked awkward, and Victoria seemed a bit afraid of the other girls staring full of jealousy to their table.

Amber’s looking at them in joy, she’s pretty glad to see her eonnie have someone to take care of her. After all this time, Victoria’s been the one who’ve been always taking care of the girls. Now she could laid back and at least give that Thai-boy a chance.

Amber turned to the bug standing next to her, “Why did you send me that text message yesterday ?”

Suzy raised her shoulder easily, “Just wanna mess around with you, that’s all. It was fun to watch you running wildly to the show’s backstage like some crazy monkey. You think your ‘Key oppa’ is in danger, didn’t you ? Awwww...”

“Yah !!!” Amber wanted to strangle her or something, “Go live your beautiful life, Suzy ! You stole my client, I’m already over it. I won’t kill you for that. What do you want from me ?”

She laughed, “You got talent, Raven eonnie. With just a little training, you could become one of Miss A.”

Amber almost jumped in a shock, ”Oh…so you think that I would join your ‘International’ crime team ?”

Suzy glanced back sharply, “Mwoya ? Don’t say it like that. You think you’re not a bad girl yourself ?”

“I know I am.” Amber replied coldly.

“You’re pretty dumb, you know. Letting a detective like him interfere with your life.” she said as she started to leave the cafeteria.

“I know he’s a cop, and sooner or later I’ll end up in his handcuffs.” Amber scoffed.

Suzy turned around, “That’s why, if you change your mind, you can always contact me.”

“I’m going to contact you if something happened to my friends. And tell your pink-haired friend to stop stalking Taemin ! She followed the wrong ‘Key’.”

“Ah Jia eonnie is being careless again...” she mumbled while walking out of the cafeteria. She smirked at the tip of the door, “By the way...news flash ! Your dear oppa just got a girlfriend ! Chukkaeyo~ (Congratulations~)”

“Hah..mwo ?” Amber followed Suzy out of the cafeteria. But that girl has already vanished, just like that.

***

to be continued...

Thanks for your support, for reading and subscribing this story^^ !

Please do comment, I need to know what's going on in your minds, kekekeke XD