Rhapsody in Black

Day X Night

 

“It must be it ! I’m sure of it now.” said Minho, more like talking to himself. Jonghyun and Onew looked rather pale.

“Are you sure? It’s just your...guess, right? Maybe they have another reason behind it.” Onew seemed doubtful.

“What reason? We’ve known Taemin for years, and he can’t be related to any of those kind of world, right?” Minho fought back.

Jonghyun looked troubled, “But we’ve also known Amber for years...and we’ve never guessed that she’ll hack for money.”

“YAH! It’s a totally different case!! Can’t you see? Someone is trying to crack us apart, or maybe, trying to make Amber weaker by hurting someone close to her!” Minho got even more fired up than before.

Onew popped, “But he was saved by someone, remember?”

Both Minho and Jonghyun froze instantly. Minho thought harder, “Yeah..who and why did he save Taemin?”

 “It’s not a ‘he’. It’s a ‘she’...” Onew corrected.

Then Minho just chuckled bitterly, “I actually prefer a man doing such a dangerous thing. Woman’s not allowed to do that, whatsoever.”

Jonghyun cut in immediately, “That’s why we all have to figure it out, and I know someone who can help us..” he hung his words there, leaving the boys out in curiousity.

***

The room is massive, and quite an elegant space, but with almost no luxurious furniture inside. Only a busy desk and a couple of black leathered seats for the guests right facing the desk. And no one, out of those three men in that room is taking their seats.

Heechul, walked into the room with no hesitation, and took one of the guest seat right in front of the desk. Max immediately grabed his gun under his jacket, obviously wanted to warn Heechul that he’s not having a weapon for showcase only. But the wavy-haired guy only smirked it off and moved his eyes onto the other guy, behind the desk, which still is stunned by his sudden presence in this ‘office’.

“Come on, where’s the rest of the story? I wanna hear it. Or suddenly you’re speaking in french? I understand French, don’t worry.”

The other guy hardened his face. He sat back in his seat behind the desk and waved a little to Max, hinting him to sit next to their guest, just in case.

“Changmin, if this guy recognize you, then you must’ve known him too, I suppose?” he said to Max, but with eyes on Heechul.

“Nah, it’s a one-sided love. I’m the one who’s been stalking him secretly, like a cute little school girl in the hallway lockers. He has absolutely no idea that I like him.” Heechul pulled a joke.

Max trembled in his seat while still holding the gun under his jacket, he hissed, “Yunho...”

Yunho gave a halting sign to Max, asking him to be a little more patient, facing this joker in front of them. “Let’s just get to know each other, shall we?” asked Yunho politely, though Heechul could hear a slight hardness in his voice.

“Sure! But I’m afraid I don’t have much time to play here. So how about a fast introduction?” Heechul leant on his elbow on the desk, looking at Yunho right through the eyes.

Heechul pulled out his right hand, offering a handshake, “Hi, I’m Heechul. I’m looking for Max.”

Yunho didn’t even reply the handshake because his face is getting stiffen by every second this guy joking with him. “I’m Yunho, that’s Max. We’re protecting Raven.”

Heechul slammed himself to the back of his seat, and sneered, “Really? You’re using that word, ‘protecting’ ?”

“Whatever your organization is, and whoever your boss is, we will still protect her.” said Yunho proudly, and at the same time trying to threaten Heechul, which actually didn’t really work on him.  He was still laying back and enjoying his time on his seat.

Heechul let out a dramatic sigh, “Listen gentlemen, I’m not here to stop you from protecting Raven, or whatever your activities are. I said, I’m here for Mr. Shin Changmin.”

Max finally pulled out his gun and pulled the trigger, aiming it right on Heechul’s head. “So now that we met, what do you want?”

“A secret. I want a secret.” Heechul replied fast. He’s still as cool as ever, feeling the cold gun on his forehead.

Yunho jumped onto the desk and spinned a kick, pinning Heechul down to the floor and at the same time, kicking the gun away. He shouted to Max, “GO!”

Max was a bit shock, but he overcame it and took a hold of himself. He took the gun on the floor and ran out of that room.

***

“Which one?” asked Key, holding two pieces of gorgeous dresses. An elegant black on the left, and a silky blue on the right.

“Hyeong, you’re not gonna wear those right? Pfffttt...” Amber couldn’t hold her giggles.

Key raised an eyebrow, “I’m being totally serious here. Come on, I need your opinion.”

“You know I never wear those... things. How could I possibly know? You should ask Krystal or Sulli, for matters like this.” Amber started to feel annoyed.

He rolled his eyes, “I guess you’re right,” he’s staring at the black dress, “...and I think I’ll go with the black one.”

“Eeeh...but isn’t that dress expensive?” Amber asked innocently.

“It is. That’s why I’m not buying it. I’m just diggin out some inspirations for a special design.” he put the dress back on the hanger and walked out of the boutique like nothing happened. Amber almost shouted at him, but he walked so fast she needed to catch up.

“Hey, I think we need to stop playing around. We gotta find a place to stay tonight, okay?” said Amber as she finally managed to walk side to side with him. The night’s getting darker and Paris is not in the season of summer, so it’s pretty much freezing out there.

Key turned around and started to walk backwards, “Amber, this is PARIS ! How many times do you think we’ve been here?”

Amber hesitated, “Umm..never?”

“That’s right! It’s our first, and could be our last time here! So it means, no time to sleep!”

She wanted to reply Key with a smile, but she’s still overwhelmed by the thought of that there’s a danger waiting for them here, in Paris. How come he act like nothing happened?

Key slowed down and walked in the same pace as her, “Do you think she’ll love a dress like that? I mean, she’s not all-that-girlie, but...you know.”

Amber looked surprised, “Dress?”

Key gave her a sharp glance, “You know who I meant, right? And like it or not, she HAS TO wear it. Coz I’m making it myself." he pressed his words while staring at her.

The tomboy gulped down, “Does she really have to wear it...?”

“Yes. On HER birthday. Definitely HAS TO wear it.” Key sentenced it out loud.

She started to countdown her birthday, “1, 2...3 months from now??” she asked.

Key shook his head lightly, “What? No, her birthday is next week! That’s why I’m gettin a bit frustated.”

Felt like a truck of snow has just drown her deep under the earth. Amber was wrong. She shouldn’t have guessed it wrong.

“Nicole’s...birthday is next week...?” she asked.

“Yeah! And suddenly I can’t find anything that really suits her. It irritates me if I think about it now. I mean, she’s been my model for a while now but I’m stuck making such a dress for her.”

Amber didn’t know what to say, she just nodded in a blank. She felt stupid.

Key noticed the silence. “What’s on your mind?”

“After tonight, you should really leave hyeong. This is not a vacation.” said Amber coldly.

Key didn’t talk back right away and let another awkward silence fill the air between them. The downtown is still quite crowded, but some shops are starting to put their ‘close’ sign on their windows. They’ve been walking for a while only, but the cold air is getting thicker fast, and Key could see Amber’s shivering silently. He took off his jacket and placed it on her shoulder, which made her really shocked.

“Hyeong, what...are you doing?” she took off the jacket and handed it back to him. “Stop acting like this.”

“Acting like what?” Key’s holding his jacket, pissed.

“Like you actually care about me.” she whispered stiffly.

Key got even more pissed, “Ok, I really don’t get what your point is. It’s just a jacket, okay? Why are you so mad about it??”

Amber trembled a little, “Why the hell did you come here at first place?! You shouldn’t come, you should live normally, go to college everyday, designing clothes for Nicole, anything!”

Key bursted, “What the hell- -“

“You have life. I don’t. Isn’t that clear enough for you?” Amber stated it.

Suddenly she felt her jeans pocket’s acting up and she rushly picked the cellphone Max gave her. She almost forgot about that phone a while ago until it finally vibrated.

“Max, where- - HEY!” Amber couldn’t even finish her words when Key took the phone. He looked pretty mad and pressed that phone onto his ears, “Amber is with me now, you got that?” he said it fast before pulling out the batteries and threw it away to the dark. Amber wanted to shout but there’s nothing came out from her lips. She could only hear the sound of the phone’s crash in the far dark pavements.

Key turned to her and gave a challenging glance, “You were saying ?”

Still frozen, she spilled, “That...was your ticket home...”

“Yah, yah, yah!” he held both of her shoulders tightly, “I want you to stop, I mean STOP saying those words again.”

Amber’s starting to confuse, but mad at the same time, “What- - I know what I’m sayin, okay? It’s the reality! I can’t hang with you and the SHInee boys anymore. I can’t be with the girls anymore. I’m A CRIMINAL, can’t you just accept that??”

Key slowly loosen up his grip on her shoulders.

“Been waiting long?”

Both Key and Amber turned to the source of the voice, and found a well-suited guy standing in front of them. Key stepped up, “Now what?”

Amber tried to link the situation, “Is he the one who kidnap you?”

Heechul laughed a little, “That’s true, but not exactly the way you think it is, Amber.” he picked out a key from his pocket, “Come on, we’ve been late on schedule. My ride is waiting on the airport.”

***

“If you have this PRIVATE jet, why didn’t you KIDNAP me earlier on this?” Key let out his sarcasm strikes.

Heechul’s sitting on his own seat while entertaining himself with a magazine. He turned to Key and did the ‘ssssh’ gesture before getting back to his magazine business. Key grunted while locking in his seatbelt. And in the back seat is Amber, staying alert to all the moves inside the plane. After he told him that he’s a friend of Miss A, Amber simply couldn’t take her eyes off him. This guy must be somewhat more powerful than those girls, and he’s in a mission which I don’t know yet.

Heechul took a glass of champagne from the drink cart the flight attendant is bringing. Key grabbed a can of health drink and drank it fast. He peeked at Amber, checking if she’s still into their unfinished argument. But she’s just staring straight at Heechul’s seat, and it doesn’t look like she want to continue the ‘fight’ with him, which dissapointed him.

The engine’s starting, and a fine excitement smeared on Heechul’s face. “Amber, I just want you to know that you’re with the safest man on earth, right here.” he pointed to hiw own chest.

“Ah. Everyone says so.” Amber replied coldly.

THUD!

The three of them was shocked by a massive sound, like something hard's hitting the plane. Heechul got up immediately and gave a code to the flight attendant to report to the pilot. Amber peeked through the window to find anything odd. While Key...is already fallen asleep on his seat.

“Ooooh, so the drink works!” Heechul smirked when he saw Key’s sleeping like an angel.

Amber moved out from her seat and checked up on Key, “What did you do to him? You drugged him?!! Seriously??” she said, tried slapping his face several times, but it seems that the drug is just too strong.

“Now listen to me.” Heechul’s tone turned serious.

There’s a fiery aura bursted from Amber’s eyes, but Heechul ignored it and kept talking, “Maybe I have to explain it to you quickly...” while opening the plane’s emergency door.

THUD! THUD!

“To put it simply : Max is not who you think he is, I think he’s trying to gain informations by using your amazing hacking skill. Do not put your trust on him.” Heechul half-screamed while explaining it, because the sound of the engine streamed in once the door was pushed open.

“And one more thing, don’t give up the code.” he stressed the word ‘code’.

“Code..?” Amber responded.

...1   2   4   7   3   1   7... is that the code that he meant?

Heechul spotted a guy flashing under the plane, and before Amber could even discuss this ‘code’ thing, he had jumped down the plane and disappeared under the plane’s body.

Amber could hear more thuds under the plane’s body, and she’s moving her feet back and forth in dillemma. She needed to jump and find that eccentric guy, but she also can’t leave Key falling asleep in this plane just like that.

She ran back inside and entered the cockpit with no second thought. The beautiful flight attendant held her, “I’m sorry you can’t enter...” But Amber just pushed her aside and barged in anyway.

“HEY!” she yelled to the man sitting behind all the buttons. “That Heechul guy told me to give you an order!”

The chubby pilot turned nervous, “Miss, you can’t just...”

“HURRY! Your plane is in danger! Continue the progress, fly back to Seoul !” Amber pulled his collar madly.

“Wha- but what is going on?”

“THIS IS AN ORDER! You can still save this mission if you fly now!” she let go of his collar. The pilot showed doubt in his eyes, but she pushed him once more, “FLY! NOW!”

“Y..yes ma’am...” he engaged the flying preparations and the sound of the engine’s starting to get louder.

Amber nodded and patted his shoulder hard before getting out of the cockpit. She moved to the opened door and took a deep breath.

“Hana...dul...set...!” she took a long leap and grabbed the handle of the door, swung her body outside while at the same time slamming the plane door closed. She fell quite hard on the ground and had to roll several times until she finally stopped. The hot asphalt welcomed her roughly but she has no time to feel the pain vibrating through her bones.

While she’s still lying on the ground, her eyes are watching the plane closely as it started to move forward, slowly but definitely assuring her that now Key is on his way back to Seoul...

***

to be continued...

- - -

Hey, I'm back!

Really sorry for the long update, been struggling with college assignments >.<

Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Let me know what you think by giving out your comment ! ~

Kamsa hamnida...XD