My Hero is A Girl

Day X Night

“Akh…oppa!! Run!” Amber tried to stand up with the pain striking in her ribs. There were only two figures left standing in that dark alley. It was her, and her sunbae…

“Uuh…?” mumbled Key, still standing in the corner, looking at the unconscious gangsters in horror. He just couldn't believe that small guy over there could beat all these berserk guys single-handedly.

“Just run !!!” she yelled at him at the top of her voice and Key finally snapped out of it.

He turned to the small guy rescuing him just now and said, “A-Amber…?”

 

***

 

15 hours earlier

It was nine in the morning, and Amber returned to her ‘normal’ college life. Last night was chaotic, she thought. Bodyguards were chasing her and she kept running like crazy with the document under her jacket. 5 hours full of sweats, and mostly running, she didn’t get enough sleep for today.

Krystal and Luna had headed earlier to their vocal class. While Victoria was no where to be found, again. These days a junior named Nichkhun kept looking for her, so maybe she was now hiding somewhere in one of the dance studios. While Sulli, It was almost the opening of summer, so she left for the Swimming Club she has been joining in.

Amber walked lazily to her locker in the corridor to change her shoes when somebody bumped her shoulder from behind. She wasn’t shocked at all and she turned around casually to see who bumped her. Seriously, it’s still early in the day, why do people being so careless…

“Hey…” the bumper greeted her playfully.

“Ah, it’s you hyeong !” she was relieved to find out that Jonghyun was the one who did it. He was her senior in the dance class and they’d been best friends since high school. Today he looks as charming as usual, uh, he’s the college’s popular guy, so he has an image to keep, right?

He laughed and ruffled her short black hair, “So, how’s my favourite guy doing today?”

She snapped his hand away shyly, “I’m good, okay? Stop doing that..”

“If you want me to stop ruffling your hair, there’s one way.” he smirked, showing his playboy look again.

Amber stepped into her sport shoes and slammed back her locker, “Ah jinjja? Oh, tell me then !” she acted like she’s really curious. She does that all the time with Jonghyun whenever he tries to pull a prank on her. Just like now.

“I won’t mess with your hair if you let it grow longer…I bet you’ll look more like a girl…” he got himself closer to her, trying to seduce her like what he did with countless girls before. Amber sighed looking at his cheap seducing gesture.

“Yah ! Told you I like my hair just like this.” she pushed him away and chuckled, “Hahahaha, hyeong, go get yourself a pretty girlfriend and stop playing around with me, okay ? It’s been 3 days since you broke up. I’m starting to worry…” she gave him a pity look while leaving the locker.

He tried catching up with her and walked by her side. He sighed heavily, “You see, that’s the problem ! It’s like…I’m running out of options in this college. I think I’ve dated every single girl here. Oh, except you and your girls.”

“Haaaah don’t even think about it ! I won’t let you touch my friends !” she threatened him in panic. Of course it will be bad if one day, Luna or Sulli come to her and cry because of him. That is an absolute NO NO.

“But your friend Krystal is so pretty…”

“YAAAH !! I’ll kill you once you lay your eyes on her !” she punched him hard on the arm.

“Ouch Amber… kekeke just wait and see, I will date her soon~~~ !! Hahahahahahaha…” he ran away and laughed all the way through the corridor.

“What a girl maniac.” she mumbled, continuing her walk to her first class today, English Class. Awesome, I could use this class to get more sleep...

- - -

The long exhausting day’s finally ended at 3 PM. The girls are still busy with their own activities and that made Amber some alone time to contact her client. She went to her favourite spot under a big tree at the spacious back yard, far enough from the college crowd, and took out her cellphone.

“Amber ?” a familiar  voice called her.

She slid her phone back to her jeans pocket and turned around…”Oh…Key hyeong…” she was lucky she wasn’t blushing this time. But her heartbeat was madly uncontrollable…

In front of her is her senior from Department of Performing Arts, Kim Kibum, but he’s most well known as Key. He’s looking fashionable as usual, with a touch of thin red tartan scarf around his neck, eventhough it’s getting hotter these days.

“What the hell are you doing here ?” he asked slowly and chuckled as he approached the tomboy under the tree.

Aaaah…why now ?

She leant casually at the gigantic tree, “Nothing, I just…like to be here.”

Key, with his feminine smirk chuckled again, “Oh…it’s so not like you. I usually see you hang around with everybody inside. Are you okay ? You looked kinda dizzy…”

 “Umh. Gwaenchanayo.” she nodded as natural as she could, and Key seems to understand.

“Ok, I’ll leave you alone here then.. “ he didn’t want to make her feel bad and moved away.

But he turned around before leaving, “Hey, you always put my contact on top right ?”

Amber seemed a bit puzzled and nodded, “Uh, waeyo ?”

“So if you need me, you could call me right away !” he gave her a warm smile, and this time he left for real.

Amber nodded casually and waved at him. She always want to spend more time with him, but these days, she just couldn’t because her clients keep increasing. She miss having a dance off with Key and the boys..

Once he left, she took out her cellphone and dial a contact named #124. She never write down the names of her clients, instead she write them as numbers, and this one is her 124th client. Once the job’s done, she would erase the number and even blocked it to lose her trace. These days some detectives have started to notice her action behind several ‘missing document’ cases and it’s driving her crazy.

“You’re late.” a heavy voice in the other line surprised her.

“Sorry I couldn’t call you earlier.” she turned her tone into a serious one.

“Why haven’t I received it yet ?”

“I’ll deliver it to you myself as my apology. So, in your office ?”

“I don’t wanna see some random guy come over to my office like a robber. You know the other place where we can meet right ?”

Amber sighed, Hell yeah, he still thinks that I’m a GUY. Perfect. “Sure, when do you want to meet ?”

“Tonight, at seven. Be on time. Today’s my wife’s birthday, I don’t wanna come home late.”

“Don’t forget to bring my payment.” she added.

“Cash ?”

“No, I want check.” she replied coldly before turning off her phone.

Awesome ! With this payment, this semester’s tuition would be no problem !

 

***

 

Amber disguised well in her jeans, sneakers, hoodie and black cap as usual and is waiting for that stupid client in the parking lot of a chinese restaurant. If people haven’t known her well, she would be definitely mistaken as a guy.

He said he don’t want me to be late, but look who’s being 30 minutes late now !

She’s staring boredly at people getting in and out of the restaurant. It’s not an elite one, so they dressed normally and seems like just some plain citizens.

“Yah ahjussi, are you going to take your document or not?” she finally left a voicemail for client #124 and still is waiting under the shadows of the restaurant.

After a few minutes her phone buzzed and she sighed when she saw #124 calling popping on the screen.

She prepared herself to yelled at him, “I’ve been waiting for you sir, where…”

“The deal’s off.” he said rigidly over the line.

Mwo ??

“But I’ve waited for you since the exact 7 PM !”

“I just found another partner who could give me what I want, three times faster than you, Raven-ssi.”

“I’ve got the document perfectly in one piece and I even opened an access for you to enter their company system anytime you want ! I have the right to get my payment.” she clutches her fist in temper.

“I’ll just send my people to give you half of your payment then. Have a good night, Raven-ssi.”

CLICK.

A better ‘partner’ than me ? What the hell…

“What’s wrong with you guys !!” an angry voice was heard over the street and Amber stopped to look around.

She strolled along the street, trying to find the source of the voice. She stopped when she heard a bump on the wall and some harsh punching sounds behind an alley. A gang war ?

When she rushed to the scene, a skinny guy was being cornered by seven humongous men unfairly.

“Yah !” she called them casually, trying to break the wave.

“Ah…here comes the boyfriend…” said one of them, grinning viciously to her.

One of them who’s wearing a geek glasses, patted the victim on the back, “Look, your boyfriend has come to save you ! Hahahahaahah…!!!”

“Yah…stop laughing like that.” scolded Amber madly. She braced herself when those gangsters started to surround her.

“Let him- -“ she stopped. Now that those big guys are surrounding her, she could see clearly the face of the victim behind them…that red tartan scarf on his neck, the familiar face with those sharp slanted eyes…

KEY OPPA ?!

“Oh you just crossed the line guys. Bring it ON !!” she challenged them fiercely and punched the first guy approaching her with full force.

The next thing happened, one by one those guys fall to the dirt and Key was frozen at his spot. He’s watching his rescuer punching and kicking, breaking some bones and a couple of noses. He never knew that there’s such a cool person in this world who could beat some gangsters fiercely like that.

The sound of the police siren is breaking through the air from a far and Amber was alerted by that. Being off guard, she was punched hard by one guy left, but she managed to kicked his chest away and there he goes, joining the rest of the gang to sleep on the dirt.

Damn it…

She could tell that her ribs was broken and struggled to stay awake and walked limply to the frozen Key, who’s still leaning on the wall behind.

“Akh…oppa ! Police, run !” Amber tried to stand up with the pain striking in her ribs. Her whole body is burning up and she doesn’t like it.

“Uuh…?” mumbled Key, still looking at the unconscious gangsters in horror. He turned to his savior and about to say thank you when he recognized his familiar face…

“Just run !!!” she yelled at him to the top of her voice and that guy finally snapped out of it.

He wasn’t sure but, “A-Amber…?”

She nodded, "Oh, it's me."

“Oh my…you were so cool beating those guys like that ! How did you-“ Key didn’t finished his words when she suddenly fall in front of him. He caught her right away and she didn’t even move in his arms.

“Amber ? Amber !!” he took off her cap to reveal her face getting pale. Police cars are coming out of nowhere and some police rushed to them and began to ask the usual questions, “What’s going on here ? Are you okay ? What did you see ?”

“Call the ambulance !!” Key shouted at the puzzled police while holding her in worry.

 

***

ToT was it fine ? I really need your comments on this, to decide whether I should continue or not^^

Thanks for reading....XD