Lunch Delivery

Day X Night

 

Max was waiting impatiently when finally Suzy entered the interrogation room. He observed her from head to toe and cursed inside, Damn, she looked exactly like that tomboy !

He gave her a cold smile when she sat in front of him. She replied him with a funny glare.

Max picked something on the floor and put it on the table. It’s a cute lunch pack with pink wrappings all over it.

“Mwoya ? Is this a joke ?” Suzy laughed at the girlie lunch pack.

“It’s AMBER’s lunch pack. Specially cooked by Key himself.” Max pushed the lunch pack to her.

Suzy stared back cautiously, “Will it explode when I open it ?” she said sarcastically.

“I don’t know. Do you think Key is that kind of person ?” Max challenged her back. His hands trembled in pissed, he really wanted to grabbed out her hair and reveal her true face.

Suzy chuckled, “Let’s see if you really put any bomb in it.” She opened the lunch pack carefully with her handcuffed hands and found a well-made lunch inside. There’s even a smiley face on top of the rice.

“Ah…what a cute- -“ she stopped when she spotted something on top of the rice.

“Do you like it ?” Max leaned closer to her, facing her with his face.

Suzy’s frown turned back into a smile, “Oooh…daebak. As expected of Max Changmin.” she said as she took the little black thing disguised as the ‘nose’ of the smiley face. It’s a small metal ball she recognized as her very own GPS microchip. The one that she put on Amber’s clothing that night.

“Reveal yourself, Miss A.” said Max as he grabbed that dead microchip from her, and crushed it with his bare fingers.

Suzy pouted, “Hmm…it won’t be fair that way. How about you introduce yourself first ?”

***

Amber squeezed herself into the crowd, controlling her pace and walked silently as if she’s part of them. She’s pretty sure she had lost those polices, but just to be secure, she has to blend in all day long. Boutiques and fashion stores are lining up as she walked through the downtown and suddenly she remember something, Crap ! My clothes are still in his apartment !

She took her cellphone to check on the time, it’s already around 11 am. I wonder if Miss A has been really waiting for me at the subway station. If only those polices didn’t follow me.  

Amber took a glimpse of her reflection on the shop’s window. Even though she can’t change her short hair cut, but this blonde hair is really not bad for a while. Amber sighed and continued to wander around the downtown, unsure what to do. Her mind is full of all the running away plans she could come up with. Her doppelganger is still playing the drama, Max can’t be trusted, and she definitely can’t go back to her apartment.

The tomboy looked around and tried to make the best conclusion. My apartment might be guarded by cops now, but…

- - -

“Aiiish… Of course…” Amber sneaked behind the stairs and she could see those yellow police line crossed the door of her tiny apartment. A few moments ago she decided to give a visit to her apartment, hoping that she could still come and grab some of her things. But now she realize that it’s stupid.

Of course the police are in charge of my room now, it even had been sealed !

Well, at least I don’t have to pay any rent now…

***

The subway station is as crowded as usual, people got off and into the train every 10 minutes and Min is sitting on the sideway bench, waiting for that Raven. Suddenly a soft buzz bugged her in the ear and Suzy’s voice started to echo into her, “Min eonnie ?”

The short-haired girl pretended to pick up her cellphone, just so people won’t think she’s talking to herself. “Oh yoboseo…Suzy ?” she acted naturally.

“Amber is running away !”

“Jinjja ?” Min turned serious.

“Max found my GPS faster than I expected, and that stupid detective sent his men to ‘observe’ his apartment.”

Min bit her lips, “So…Amber realized that she was being watched, then she ran away ?”

“De. And that’s all I can give right now. Gotta go.”

Her ear buzzed again when the conversation stopped. Min looked around and there’s still no sign of Amber. She called Fei through her communicator, “Where are you now eonnie?”

She could hear Fei’s voice over the line, “Namsan Tower. I’m now meeting with…”

Min cut her, “Arasseo...” before she finally transferred the call to Jia.

“Jia eonnie, where are you ?”

“Mansion. Something’s up ? Because I can’t track the GPS.”

“We have a situation. Amber’s running away.”

***

Amber POV

Great. Now I can’t take my laptop, and I don’t bring any money with me.

I can’t track down Miss A, but I can’t go to the police station either.

This is perfectly .

Every 10 seconds I looked back and around to check if there’s someone’s shadowing me. I know I’m tired but I can’t lose awareness, even for just a second to blink. Usually when I was chased by private bodyguards or security, I could just run and flash to my apartment. But now, I don’t even know where to run.

I checked the time again, it’s already 2 pm. By now most of my girls must’ve been out of class, and so are those boys. They probably are rushing to the police station now and visiting ‘me’.

***

Victoria pouted in front of the cell, “We know you’re innocent, Amber…”

Suzy sighed, “I’ll be fine eonnie…”

Jonghyun stared at her from a far, Suzy could feel his anger vibes in the air. Suzy turned to him, “Oppa, don’t be upset…”

“How can’t I not ?” Jonghyun barked, “They didn’t find any evidence, then why do they keep locking you up ?! Bastard.”

“Guys, calm down.” Key came and broke the atmosphere. He stood next to Jonghyun, “My abeoji will release you soon, don’t worry.”

“Heee jeongmalyo ??” the girls squealed, while the boys looked a bit stunned.

Key showed a thin smile, “Yeah, Taemin’s motorcycle had  malfunctions. No one’s actually trying to kill him…”

“Pabo Taeminnie !” the girls cheered and made a group hug around Taemin. Key glanced over to Suzy and found her unhappy, she’s not even smiling. “Yah, you’re not happy ?”

“Oh..?” Suzy snapped out and slightly changed her expression, “Andwae…I was just pretty afraid that someone’s trying to kill him. Because I’m sure that night I saw the killer.” she threw her glance over to Max. The tall guy remained calm and gave her a smile.

“Doesn’t matter ! You’re out, he’s safe, we’re happy ! Ok ?” Jonghyun approached her and ruffled her hair. “See ? Even your hair feels weird because you’re staying too long here !”

Suzy stepped back and fixed her hair immediately. She could hear Max scoffed from across the room.

“Kids, please wait outside.” Detective Kim entered the cell area out of nowhere. Key threw him a deep glare before guiding everyone outside the cell. “I trust you, ok ?”. Detective Kim nodded and hinted them to leave the room. Max’s going with them outside after giving Suzy another wicked smile.

- - -

“With all due respect, I’m asking you to leave my station.” said Detective Kim as he stood stiff in front of the bars.

Suzy let out a sarcastic laughter, “What ? And trusting you to do anything reckless ? YOU just let Amber ran away. Why couldn’t you trust me, if you had listened to me and didn’t send your stupid men, she wouldn’t have run away !”

He bent and bowed, “Jeosunghamnida. That would be my responsibility.”

“No, no. Me and my team are going to handle her ourselves.”

“Once again, I’m truly sorry. But I can’t keep you here forever. Sooner or later you’ll gain suspicion.” said Det. Kim still in his bowing position.

Suzy paused before she finally answered, “Fine…I’m going to leave. But what are you going to tell Key and his friends ?”

“That would be my business.” he replied coldly.

Suzy nodded in respect. “Detective Kim, from now, your focus is Max Changmin. I beg for your collaboration.”

“Arasumnida.” the old man bowed in respect.

***

The sky’s slowly getting darker and the sun’s almost set, but Amber’s still walking circling the city without any destination. Her stomach growls and she didn’t realize a girl just popped in front of her a few seconds ago.

“Aaaah…I finally find you, Amber ! I didn’t know you changed colors !” she’s admiring her new blonde dye.

Amber looked up and was a little surprised to find Jia smiling to her face. That pink-haired girl started to follow her steps down the road, “You invited us to the subway station, but you didn’t come. You made Min waited for hours !”

Hearing the name, Amber twitched, “So she’s alive ?”

Jia turned awkward, “Oh sorry for the suicide scene. We need to hold you for a while until Suzy’s ready to replace you that time.”

“So you’re telling me that Suzy is…the other me ?” Amber’s eyes got widen.

“De. Because you can’t be arrested and she needed to do something there, so yeah…she’s replacing you.” Jia explained it quick.

“I was right… Min’s alive. Suzy is the other me. What do you guys want from me ?” Amber turned to her and couldn’t help but sounded a bit desperate.

“We just want to protect you, that’s all.” Jia’s still following her when they turned to an abandoned alley.

Amber’s too busy swirling in her own mind and suddenly Jia grabbed her arm, “Come, let’s go home !”

Amber snatched off her hands, “What home ?! Mine is SEALED, thanks to you guys and all of your doings.”

Jia pouted, “Our mansion of course ! You can stay there as long as you want !”

“YAH ! You and your psycho friends have turned me upside down, and now you’re offering me a stay? Am I that stupid ?!” Amber walked faster to stay away from her. She looked around, just in case if this pink hair brought along some back ups.

Jia caught up with her fast, “Heee, you can’t let those police find you, our mansion is the safest place for you!” she grabbed Amber’s arm tightly.

Amber tried to kick her to the back, but unfortunately she avoided easily it. Crap !

“Aaah…!” Jia squealed in pain, and Amber could hear a thud on the dirt. Wait, what ? I thought my kick missed…

Amber turned to see what’s going on and saw Jia’s forehead started to bleed. “How could my kick…”

“Amber eonnie? Is it really you?” another voice called her from the end of the alley.

The tomboy turned around and found a familiar figure, holding small rocks fiercely in her hand. She smirked, “It really is you eonnie !”

Amber couldn’t hold her smile either, “Nice shot !”

***

to be continued...

Thanks for you awesome regular readers and your comments XD. It really helps !

And of course, thanks for subscribing ! XOXO

I'll try my best !