Meeting Max

Day X Night

“Did you wait long ?” a voice suddenly popped by the window.

Amber has been waiting for him, she’s sitting straight on her bed looking at the tall figure who’s already making himself comfortable at the sofa, again.

She looked at the clock, it’s precisely 00.01 PM.

Right when Cinderella just went home, huh ?

“Who are you and what are your intensions ?” Amber didn’t waste any second to wait, revealing the man before her. She couldn’t find his informations within some hackers she knew, so she has absolutely no clue who’s this guy really is.

He smiled a little, “Oh, I’m sorry for my rudeness. My name is Amber Liu. My parents died in a car accident 5 years ago. I lived by myself at a low-cost apartement, and my neighbor is an annoying ahjumma who likes to cook. I have two jobs to make a living. After college, I’m a delivery courier at a Noodle Restaurant at Sinsa-dong. And at night, I’m doing some dirty jobs, stealing-“

“YAH STOP. I asked you to introduce yourself. I know that you must have searched everything about me.” Amber was a bit surprised though, that this guy know about the car accident…

Max is actually a cute good-looking guy, which, if not as mysterious as he is now, would look even more charming. He smiled again, “I know that another Information Hacker has started to steal your client, Amber.”

“Oh, so Miss A is your friend ?”

He shook his head elegantly, “No, no. This is the fun part.” He paused to see Amber’s reaction before continuing, “I’ll make it quick for you. So, Miss A is a huge threat to the national security. They are, quite a world class Information Hacker, who would sell any precious information to another country in need.”

Amber was frozen for a sec, “Is this a joke ?”

“No, it’s not.” replied Max in a serious tone.

“Wait a minute, did you say ‘THEY’ ?”

“So do you think Miss A is only one single person ? They’re a group of people, using the same codename to confused the agents and police who’re hunting them.” he chuckled.

He added, “Amber, I knew I could count on you. That’s why, I’m offering you to pay your whole college tuition, even your apartment rent, if you could track them down.”

Who really is this guy ?

Amber tried to look for answers on his calm face, but she found nothing.

“Why are you doing this ? What’s the advantage of capturing Miss A ? Are you a private detective or something?” she asked again.

He raised an eyebrow, “Ah…Can’t I do it just for fun ? Do I need to have any reason ?”

“And…you still haven’t introduced yourself.” Amber’s staring at him sharply.

“No rush, Amber. I’ll introduce myself to you when the time is right. But, if you really want to know, “ he gave her a cute look, “…I am an Aquarius.”

“YAH !!! If you’re not going to introduce yourself, then what are you doing here ? Get lost !” Amber tried to get off from her bed but her ribs started to killing her again, CRAP !

He saw that and smirked, “Hey…don’t push yourself too hard. I’m out from here then.”

When he’s about to jump out of the window, Amber stopped him, “Jamkkan…!”

He turned and wait, “Ah, de ?”

“This afternoon… they, Miss A, stopped my hacking activity. They also said something about protecting ‘Key’.” Amber tried her best to not looked so desperate.

He’s still waiting, “…and ?”

“And…I wonder if it got anything to do with my friend, Kim Kibum. Because his nickname is, Key.” she’s shaking when saying his name.

“I’m sorry I don’t know how to help you with that. But maybe you should talk to them yourself to find out more…” he paused, “…then, I’ll pay you this semester’s tuition. How’s that sound ?”

 

***

 

1 week later...

 

“Uuuuuuu…oppa… you’re back from the hospital !”

“Here, I made you some cookies !”

“Oppa…are you getting thinner ?”

Amber laughed awkwardly and tried to walked through the crowded girls in front of her. “Ne, ne, gomawo…” while receiving some gifts along the way.

Yes people, she got fans in college. And most of them are girls.

“Hey, hey, I’m your only oppa okay ? Come on, let her go to her class, ladies…” Jonghyun acted like her bodyguard (and at the same time, still trying to spread his charm) and made way for the clueless tomboy. She’s wearing her worn out jeans, t-shirt and hoodie,  all her casual hip hop style as usual. One time, there’s a new transfer girl student who screamed when she saw Amber entered the Female restroom. Guess what, now that girl is joining the fangirls whenever Amber passes by the hallway.

When both of them finally passed through the crowd, Jonghyun smiled playfully at her, “Hey, how about sharing some of your fans with me ? You really don’t need them all.”

“Oh. Take them all. But I’m taking the cookies.” she replied jokingly.

“Amber noonaaaaaa !!” Taemin waved cheerfully at her from the corridor. Onew is smiling beside him, but there’s no sign of Minho or Key.

“Hoy !” Amber waved at him too. Taemin is always being their cute maknae, competing with Sulli and Krystal. Eventhough Krystal is one cool maknae, compared to the others.

Jonghyun ruffled her hair, “Okay, see ya at lunch ! Don’t gain more fans when I see you later, okay ?”

“Hahahahah, de, de…” Amber punched his arm before he left. She really wanted to find Key as soon as possible now. Until she know what Miss A are really up to, she needs to make sure that Key is safe 24 hours a day.

Jonghyun walked together with Taemin and Onew to their classes, and as soon as they’re out of sight, she entered the corridor for the Fashion Design Club. Key said that he’s having a presentation this afternoon, so the club might be the best place for him to be now.

 The crowd at the hallway glances over her, as always, especially because they know that she’s just been out of the hospital.

“Amber oppa !! I heard you fought some gangsters yesterday !“

“Uwaaah oppa is so cool !”

“Amber oppaaaaa….!!”

Another girls she met at the hallway squealed and attracted many students to come see the ‘attraction’. Amber still is smiling to them though, and did some high fives with some boys she knew.

She turned to another corridor, where here is even more chaotic than ever. But the thing she loves from this hallway is, no one is ever paying attention to her. Because this hallway is full of those fashion design club members who often prepare a runway, at the corridor. They already have the rights to execute their own runway here once in a month, as a part of club activity.

Amber is scanning the crowd, looking for Key, but it’s pretty hard to find them among these crazy designers. Everybody is running with fabrics, and the models are scattering with their own designers, their sizes are being measured, trying several different clothes at a fast pace. So chaotic.

“Ah…Key  op-“

Amber stopped when she finally found him among the crowd. Key is as fashionable as usual, with a light pink semi-jacket and a black skinny pants.

Amber couldn’t move a single inch seeing him now.

He’s linking his arm around a slender waist, measuring the size. And down to her hips, taking the size as well with a measure tape.

It felt like the crowd suddenly turned silent when that model said, “Oppa, don’t make it too fit for me, or I couldn’t breath inside the outfit.”

“Nicole-ah, it’s not like this is the first time we work together, right ? I won’t kill my own model.” said Key, who’s now measuring her neck gently.

 Amber turned around fast and left the corridor like there wasn’t anything happened.

Go make yourself busy, oppa.

Stay with the crowd. It will be safer for you that way.

Stay with her.

 

***

to be continued...

Uuuuh I really love when writing the fashion scene >.<

thanks for reading and subscribing ^^

Please do comment, so I know where I'm lacking at, and how should I improve the story^^