Tracking Down

Day X Night

“Omo…is that your bike ?!” Minho slammed the car door when he got down to approached Taemin. Onew made a fast call to Jonghyun and Key. The bike is still burning heavily at the middle of the road.

Taemin, still a bit shocked, nodded softly, “Yeah…and now appa is going to kill me…”

Minho grabbed Amber immediately, “Mi chut da !! (You’re crazy !!) You wanna die ?!”

Amber walked away, she picked up her stolen bike and started the engine.

“Yah !! Where are you going ?!” Minho ran to her and she rolled the gas fast.

Amber threw a fiery look, “Oppa, you better get Taemin home, and make sure that the girls are not involved in any of this ! I’m off !”

“Amber noona, just come home with us !!” Taemin pleaded.

“Yah, when I told you to stop racing, you didn’t listen to me either!  I’m going after that brat !” and with that, Amber flee off through the darker street ahead.

“Yah, who do you think you are ?! Amber !!!” Minho shouted from the back.

***

After a few kilometers, she still couldn’t see any sign of that illegal racer. It’s getting cold and more foggy, she hardly could even see the road ahead. She didn’t feel really comfortable but, she finally decided to call Max.

I can’t believe I’m asking help from that guy. Aaaargh..

“Hey, where are you ?”  even on the phone, he sounded charming. Who is he, some lost prince in town ?

“Still at the track ! Where are you ?”

“I’m still at the race post. By the way, are you sure you’re still in track ? Because your friend’s competitor has just back from the round, he’s already here. Are you somehow lost ?”

“I’m not lost, I’m fine. I’m on my way following that Miss A, but I think I’ve lost her ! Do you see any sign of her at the race post ?”

“No. But I think there must be a flaw within this crowd.”

“This Miss A…how could she just disappeared like this ?”

“Don’t bother tracking her now, just get back here and meet me. We need to discuss- -”

“I can’t.  I’m having an issue with this one. She almost BLEW UP my friend !!”

“Are you serious ? You’re going to track her down ?”

“Yeah, I’ll find her and kill her, if I have to. This is getting personal. And I’m not doing this to help your detective work or anything, you got that ?”

“Sure, have it your way.”

Amber sighed and slid her phone back to her jeans.

***

“Abeoji !” Key rushed into his dad’s workplace, ignoring all the glares from the other police and co-workers.

“Please, I really need your help now !” he stopped at where he’s father is standing and panted hard.

Detective Kim seemed to be a bit surprised, “Key...you can’t just enter this…”

“YAH ! Listen to me, appa! PLEASE.” Key almost yelled, still breathing heavily.

His father gave up in instant, “Alright, go on. I haven’t even say at thing.”

Key lowered his voice in a tense, “Taemin was almost killed at an underground race… Someone was blowing his bike, and now Amber is after the scum !”

“Amber Liu ?” his father got tensed.

Key quickly added, “NO. NO, it’s not like what you think it is !! Listen to me ! She could be in danger now ! Please, send your people after her !”

“Ok…you better come to my office. Explain it all.” replied his father .

***

Amber tried to speed up in the past few minutes, but she just couldn’t. She pushed back the gas over and over but it gets even more slower. The fuel meter is…DAMN. It’s running out of gas already ?!

“Aaargh…!!” she got off from the bike in frustration. Did the owner really think of joining the race like this ? Stupid.

Trrrtsstsrtss…. Crrrssstssttt….

A low frequent sound is humming in the air. Amber immediately turned to find the annoying sound, but she found nothing.

“… I… need… back up- -”

Amber looked around the empty street, but she just couldn’t see anyone. Someone’s using a radio…

‘Don’t panic…stay where you are…Rrrsstssttt….’'

“Who’s there ?!” roared Amber in the middle of the road.

Krrrtrstrstrstrstrstrst…

A figure flashed from the side road, Amber’s following it fast.

“YAH ! STOP !”

Amber ran at her full speed to catch up with the figure, and she was a bit surprised when she finally catching up with it. Amber climbed down the side of the road, face to face with a steep cliff down the side.

“What- -“ Amber stopped when she finally saw the figure, “You…”

***

Detective Kim switched on his bluetooth communicator and start giving strict orders, “Surround the area. Team Jung, investigate the scene. Team Nam, find the victim. The rest of you are coming with me. You’re going to be the search party for Amber Liu.”

The gangs and the crowd were still at the racing place, not knowing that a whole police reinforcement has just blend in slowly. Detective Kim whispered something on his communicator, “Max, stay by Key. Do you read me ? Stay by Key.”

“Yes, sir.”

***

“You…” Amber was shocked to see so many blood…

The girl in front of her is trying to stand straight while holding her injured left arm. She’s looking at Amber in a slight shaking, “W-well, you got me…”

Amber stepped back in horror, “Tell me, are you also a part of Miss A ?”

She nodded without any hesitation, “Yes…I am. Nice to finally meet you, Raven-ssi…”

Amber trembled in anger. She really wanted to punch her in the face, but seeing that she already got herself injured, is pissing her so much. Damn, why can’t I slap her or something!

“You…were trying to kill my friend.” Amber could feel her teeth gritted hardly.

“Hi, you..can call me.. Min..” instead she introduced herself.

“Ah, great ! Every single member of Miss A has a very good manner, uh ? Always introduce yourselves when you meet new people. But I guess, I’m not new for you guys anymore, right ?” Amber is pissed.

She smiled weakly, “If I…were you,..I wouldn’t stay here..”

“If you want me, then it’s just me. Don’t involve my friends in it.” The tomboy exhaled in temper.

Right after the sentence, police siren is heard echoing from the other side of the street.

Min smirked, “Good luck...with the cop...” before she stabbed herself in the chest. Her blood splashed, and Amber was shaking when she saw blood on her own t-shirt.

Amber couldn’t react faster when she finally realized that it was a suicide. That girl called Min fell limply down the cliff, leaving Amber breathless. “Haah..why…wh..”

“Amber Liu ! Stay where you are !!”

She turned around to face hundreds of police car surrounding her, she couldn’t even open her eyes because of all the lights blinding her. And the worst part is…she recognize the voice…

“Mr. Kim ?” she asked the man holding the megaphone.

Detective Kim moved forward and showed off his Police Badge, “Miss Liu, you are under arrest for attempted murder.”

“Mwo…?! What is this…?” she’s frozen in the spot, didn’t expect any of this at all.

Suddenly she felt her feet was dragged to the back, and she easily lost balance, falling to the side of the street behind her.

“Stay here. For now, I’m Amber.” said…herself…?

What the…?!

Amber couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw herself, with her voice, and even with her outfit, climbing up the street and left her at the side of the cliff.

Amber curled in confusion when she heard the police arresting her ‘other’ self, and when she could hear the police cars riding away from the street.

Her phone buzzed, but she’s still is frozen in the spot.

Amber tried to come to her senses, but she just can't...

Did I just see…me ?

***

[Jonghyun]

Amber !! Where are you ?? It's me, Key. I couldn't contact you with my phone, so I borrowed Jjong's phone. Please, don't do anything reckless. My dad is going to find the brat, okay ?

***

to be continued...

hey hope you like this chapter^^~

sorry for the blood scene, I tried to make it not too disgusting though :)

After this, I might not be updating it everyday, maybe once in two days or so because I want to focus on the competition XD

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing ! *bow*