Red Bentley

Day X Night

“Uwaaaa…this place is neat! Much cleaner than I thought actually…” Victoria’s happily strolled to the boys’s living room. Onew bursted in laughter, “It’s because Key omma always telling us to be clean all the time!”

Key chuckled, “Well somebody has to do that…”

“Oppa, are you the male version of Vic omma? Kekeke…” said Luna as she’s sitting comfortably on the couch.

While everyone’s playing around in the living room, Jonghyun secretly pulled Krystal off the room. He dragged her to the kitchen and no one seems to realize it yet.

“Uhahah..What ?” Krystal’s still laughing from the girl’s jokes earlier.

Jonghyun pouted and his face squeezed unfomfotably, “I really don’t know how to start this…”

The chic maknae turned suspicious, “Hmm, are you hitting on me?” she said, as she leaned on the kitchen table.

“Andwaeyo ! It’s about Amber !” Jonghyun almost choked when Krystal asked the stupid question. Minho is going to kill him if he heard Krystal saying that to him.

“What is it ?” she asked impatiently.

Jonghyun scratched his head nervously, “You see…I kinda hugged her earlier today…I asked the officer to meet her outside her cell, and yeah…”

A smirk drawn on Krystal’s face, “Aaaah~ A hug ? Go on…”

He moved closer to Krystal’s side and whispered, “You’re close to Amber right ?”

She felt uneasy but nodded anyway, “Waeyo?”

Jonghyun gulped, he’s trying to find some words but he just couldn’t. He kept talking and then stopped, and he talked again and paused so many times. Krystal’s getting impatient, “Just tell me, what is it ?”

“Promise me you won’t hit me.” Jonghyun’s being pretty cautious.

“Ne, ne… hurry and tell me !”

Jonghyun grinned awkwardly, “Amber…is an A cup… isn’t she ?”

“YAH !” Krystal hit him hard on the head, “How could you talk about things like that ?! It’s personal !”

“Aaaah you promised you won’t hit me! I knew it was sensitive, that’s why I was afraid to ask!” Jonghyun rubbed his head in pity. Now Krystal is staring at him like he’s a top ert or something.

“But…today when I hugged her… I think she’s a B cup… WAIT DON’T HIT ME!!” Jonghyun blocked Krystal’s hand from hitting his head once again.

Krystal crossed her arm, “I don’t know that you’re such a jerk Jjong oppa…”

“But it’s weird ! Really, it wasn’t felt like her…” Jonghyun defended himself.

Krystal’s eyes popped, “Eeh…FELT like her ??? Oh my god…OPPA ! Do you touch her a lot ?!”

“HEY HEY ! It’s not like that ! Jeongmalyo…I’m not that kind of person- -“

“YES YOU ARE… Oh you’re so dead !” Krystal took the spatula on the corner and started hitting his back fiercely.

Jonghyun moaned in pain, “Aww…Omo…stop it…I’m telling the truth ! She WAS B !!”

“Don’t say it out loud !!!” Krystal hit him hard, made the guys in the living room mumbled, ‘What’s going on with you guys?’

“Jinjjayo…she was a bit different… I can tell !” Jonghyun determined, even under a girl’s attack.

***

“Nice shot !” Amber smiled happily as she approached her life-saver. The girl looked proud with her edgy short haircut and her torn black pants. Looking as rebel as Amber ever known.

“Dis she try to rob you or something ?” she asked as she dragged Amber away from the alley. Jia is still kneeling on the ground, blood’s still dripping from her forehead and Amber didn’t bother to look at her any longer.

Amber tried her best luck, “Yeah I think she was going to rob me…uh… gomawo for saving me Minzy-ah… Really, I owe you big time.”

The girl called Minzy smiled widely, “I didn’t expect to see you eonnie, but I’m glad I saved you ! Ouuuh it’s been a while !!” she hugged Amber warmly.

Minzy took her away to another route, to avoid the pink-haired robber of course. Then she stopped and quickly asked, “Oh! My place is not far from here! Wanna stop by?”

Amber took minutes to think, but before she could give her the answer the fierce-lookin girl had pulled her all the way to the next street.

Both of them are walking through a smaller pathway, a bit far from downtown. Rusty buildings fill the environment and Amber smiled when she saw a familiar red convertible Bentleyparked on the opened garage of one of the crappy house. Minzy noticed the smile and added, “Yeah that’s right. I have moved in with Dara eonnie since last year!”

“I had no idea you live right behind the alley like this!” Amber got all excited.

Minzy smiled happily, “It’s at least what we could afford until we have enough money to rent our own apartment.”

“Wait…’we’ ? So now you’re living with…”

Minzy shook fast, “Ahahaha no, I only live with Dara eonnie. Chae Rin (CL) eonnie live at her own house, while Bom eonnie with her mom. But the four of us are saving money together for that dream apartment.”

“Awesome…! How’s your school ?” asked Amber as Minzy lead her to their crummy-lookin house. From the outside, this house looked like one of those houses in horror movies, dark and a total creepy mess. But when she stepped inside, she was surprised to see the nicely-polished wooden floor and those simple minimalist furnitures. Scruffy grey curtain’s layering the side windows, and a skeleton of an old racing motorcycle is placed as a figurine.

“I’ll be graduating this year! I finally could spend more time with the gang! We’re still dreaming on opening our own music studio you know.” she sat at the worn out black couch comfortably.

A fast footstep was suddenly heard from the stairs inside before finally a lively yeoja popped in the living room. The brown-haired girl showed up in a comfortable pajama pants and loose t-shirt, with a smile raised up to her cheeks, “Is she…Amber??” she turned to Minzy as she’s pointing boldly at the blonde-head tomboy who’s enjoying their couch awkwardly.

“De, it’s me…Dara eonnie !” Amber waved and gave her a big smile. It’s Minzy’s best friend Sandara, and eventhough she’s much older than Amber, they got along well.

Dara walked cutely to her, “Oh my…it’s been years! I miss you, SHE miss you !” she pointed to Minzy again who’s smiling shyly.

Amber laughed, “Dara eonnie, why don’t you sell your Bentley there? You could afford an apartment or a store, with the money !”

Minzy and Dara laughed at the same time. Dara faked a pout, “Uuu…that Bentley is a present, and our only transportation! We’ll never sell it !”

“Aaah…I get it, kekekeke…” Amber joined the laughters.

***

“Nice ! Kill him if you must, Krystal ! HA-HA-HA.” Key’s leaning at the edge of the kitchen, sarcastically watching Krystal killing Jjong with a spatula.

Jonghyun managed to run away from Krystal and jumped out from the minibar, joining the rest of the guys back in the living room. Key’s chasing after him and Krystal decided to took a bigger weapon, a frying pan.

“Yah listen to me! We hugged each other a lot, you guys know that right ? She’s always like one of the guys, so I think it would be okay. But this morning, when I…uh, you know. She really felt like…a girl !” Jonghyun hid behind Minho’s back.

“Well, she IS a girl.” added Key, ready to kill him anytime soon.

“Don’t lie to me Key, you told me you’re feeling strange too, right ?” Jonghyun replied.

Sulli got confused, “Umm…what is this about ?”

Jonghyun scoffed, “It’s about something weird with Amber.”

Key’s phone ringing all of a sudden from the coffee table and Onew took a look at the screen, “Key, it’s your appa !”

He quickly reached his phone and picked it up, “De ?”

Everyone is staring at him, even Taemin switched off the TV to listen to the conversation.

“Is this a lie ?” Key’s face turned sour. Luna suggested, “Put it on loud speaker !” But Key seemed to be deeply drawn to the conversation and didn’t even look to the other’s eyes.

“Abeoji, seriously, what game are you playing now… She’s my friend, damn it!”

Key turned down the conversation in anger. He looked up to his friends and announced it limply, “Amber escaped from the police station.”

Jonghyun’s glancing over in horror, “Aaiiish…there really is something wrong with that kid…!”

***

“How’s the situation now ? Have we located her ?” asked Suzy after she’s settled inside their van as it’s riding away from the police station.

“Jia found her, but our work is now disturbed by another ‘circumstances’.” Fei drove the van fast and in no time they’re already getting near their mansion.

Fei parked their black van at the backyard garage. Suzy took off the wig and rushed to the shower upstairs once they stepped into the house.

Min yelled happily from the couch, “Finally our maknae is back !” as she’s fixing some bluetooth devices on the coffee table.

Fei dropped off the car key to her, “Wanna pick up Jia now?”

Min refused, “No, she said she’s going to observe Amber and her new friends for the next 24 hours, to make sure that they’re not a third party.”

“I’ve done a quick research, they were just Amber’s junior high friends. They’re harmless.” said Fei as she put herself on the couch as well.

“What about Max ?” asked Min as she’s back to her fixing.

Suzy shouted from the second floor, “Detective Kim’s on it !”

“You showed him a badge, did you ?” Min yelled back to the upper floor.

“I had no choice. He needs to listen to us ! He’s a detective, he thinks he’s more superior. And once I showed him the badge…boom, he’s giving me his full respect.” replied Suzy hazily.

Fei sighed, “Sajangnim is going to be mad at you Suzy…”

“I don’t care. We need to use everything against that Max anyway. And don’t worry, I only showed that detective my cheap NATA badge. I told him to contact me as the only NATA representative for this situation.” Suzy slid down the stairs and joined the girls on the couch.

[*NATA : National Anti-Terrorist Agency fictional) ]

“Why in the hell did you use ‘NATA’ as your identity?? Do you think this is a joke?!” Min turned to her, wasn’t happy about it.

Fei was stunned, “NATA ?? I know you could make any badge and ID’s all you want, but Min’s right. This is not a joke. Suzy, you know what you’re doing right??”

“I know and I’ll be responsible of my actions. NATA won’t mind if I use their name, right? We’re partners aren’t we?” she said indifferently. Min rolled her eyes, “You’re the only person I ever knew who could easily do ‘something’ in the name of NATA. I would prefer you to spill our true identities instead.”

Suzy tried to win Min back, “Aaah it’s gonna be fine, ok? And do you remember what did Sajangnim say before this mission? ‘You do everything necessary, I’ll handle the rest’. Relax... NATA’s going to cooperate with us.”

Fei sighed, “Hope so. Now back to our focus, Max. He’ll take bigger actions once he find Amber. We need to be careful.”

“He is a smooth guy. I don’t think he would do anything reckless, since he needs Amber.” Min added.

Fei nodded, “And we can’t forever trust the surveillance job to that detective. Sooner or later, Max would find out that he’s been observed by his own police-mates. He’s sharp. Plus, we might’ve block his actions, but we don’t know what’s inside his mind right?”

***

Key POV

I don’t understand.

She knew she is going to be released tomorrow, but why is she escaping like that ? Really, I feel like my dad is lying to me all the time. It’s like, there’s something beyond this case, but I can’t see what that thing really is. Jjong felt strange and unfamiliar about Amber too, so he might got a point. Maybe Amber’s hiding something from us.

Maybe Amber really is a hacker, like what abeoji said to me that night.

But why is she so stupid? She could just wait until tomorrow and she’ll be free. What is wrong with her ?!

“Oh ok then…sorry to bother you. Kamsahamnida !” Jonghyun sighed when the call’s off. He turned to me and shook his head, “She’s not in Brian’s house either. I don’t know who else she’s close too !”

I slammed myself to the wheel and kept driving until I’ve explored every inch of Gangnam. “She’s pretty close with Sunny.” I said, recalling Sunny and her popular girlfriends when we were in high school. Amber managed to get close with some of them, so maybe…

Jonghyun shook his head again, “No way. She won’t just go to an old friend’s house and hide in their house ! Especially is it’s a girl.”

“But I think she doesn’t want to burden the guys too. Let’s think like Amber.” I stopped the car at the sideways, “She’s running away for a certain reason we don’t know. If one of her guy friends found her on the street, what do you think they’re going to do ?”

Jonghyun smiled, “Scold her for sure !”

I nodded, “That’s right. She must be feeling bad now, she doesn’t want to be scolded for more. So she came to one of her closest girlfriends and said…”

***

“Can I stay over tonight?” asked Amber while playing with some of Dara’s shoes under her bed.

“Sure you can ! You can even move in too if you want ! We need more people to clean this house anyway.” said Minzy jokingly while trying on a few jackets from Dara’s closet.

“Yeah, it’s getting dark too…” Dara peeked outside the window behind her curtain.

Minzy turned to her, “You know what, maybe Chae Rin eonnie can help…”

“Oh ! She can help you for sure !” Dara got all excited and took her cellphone right away.

Amber jumped to her and stopped her, “Yah jamkkaman !!”

“She could gather a few of her friends to free your apartment. You said your apartment was sealed, right ?” Dara made a funny face and put her thumb above her cellphone screen, ready to press ‘dial’.

“Yeah it is ! But I don’t wanna give her any trouble, so… please ? You guys could…um… help me find a job instead, so… I can get enough money to win back my apartment? Yeah ! That’s it !” Amber squealed happily. She’s glad she could find an appropriate reason to say. It’s true that she need some money, but it’s only to stay alive and get herself at least a second-handed laptop so she could hack into Max and Miss A. She needs to know what are their intentions and that’s that.

“Eeeeeh…? Well, let’s do it your way.” Dara changed so easily and quickly back to her lazy laying pose on the bed.

Minzy sat on the bed lazily, “Hmm…find a job, huh? Usually when we need more money, we would dance. Chae Rin eonnie would rap, and we would sing along and dance…Kind of a street performance. It’s fun.”

“And people would start clapping and throwing money at us! YAY! Hahahaha~ Great audiences…” suddenly Dara isn’t look sleepy anymore and turned to her crazy-self.

“Amber eonnie, you can rap too right ? Then tomorrow we’re going to do it!” Minzy turned excited too.

A vibration thrilled under the bed and Dara jumped off in a shock. The three of them then opened the bedcover to find the source of the vibration. Turned out to be Minzy’s cellphone.

“Oh !” Minzy grabbed her cellphone and picked the call, “Yoboseo ?”

“Where are you now ?!”

“Hmm…? Nugusaeyo?” Minzy replied in confuse.

Amber’s eyes almost popped when she saw that it’s not Minzy’s, but it’s hers! She grabbed her cellphone fast and see the caller id.

Key

Her heart’s beating fast and suddenly she could hear the clock’s ticking in that room louder than before. Minzy laughed since she’s mistaken that as her phone, while Dara’s pulling back the bedcover but with her ears set to any upcoming conversation.

“I know you’re there. Answer me!”

Amber didn’t know if she should say anything, because suddenly her mind went blank and she hate this situation the most.

“Joh-a (Fine). If you’re playing silent, then me and Jonghyun are going to find you ourselves! Stay wherever you are !”

CLICK!

Minzy and Dara seemed to be pretty worried, eventhough they didn’t hear a thing. “Gwaenchana? Who was that?” asked Minzy curiously.

“My hyeong.” she said, almost sounded like a whisper.

***

to be continued…

Just to reassure you…YES, they are Minzy and Sandara Park from 2NE1~^^

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing ! *bows*