Codename : Miss A

Day X Night

Chapter 3. Codename : Miss A

 

Amber, still laying on her bed that afternoon, glanced over the white roses beside her bed with questions filling her head. Last night, Jonghyun asked who did she get the bouquet from, and she simply shook her head, “I don’t know either…”

She sighed and carefully took her laptop at her other bedside, which Sulli kindly brought it for her. Her ribs felt somehow better now, so she could gently put the laptop on her lap and switched it on.

[Raven has logged in]

The screen on the laptop turned black and many windows popped on the desktop, filling all the spots on screen. Amber’s fingers are typing quickly on the keyboard, following the flow of the screen in front of her. It’s in the middle of the afternoon and the guys are still at campus. Plus, this work have to be done fast before any nurse or her doctor visit her.

“Ah…really ? They just want to know the company’s financial report ? This is too easy…” she mumbled while cracking to the target’s company system and start downloading some reports without being detected by the system security.

She moved on to the other request, to erase some criminal records inside Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s system, or in the other words, covering someone from the police.

“Well, this one is gonna be a little tough-“

BEEP ! BEEP !

A beeping sound appeared and her screen was frozen. An unidentified chat box popped open on her screen.

“Mwoya…what is this…”

 [anonymous]

 Hi, Raven !

What is this ?! How could another hacker enter my solid system ?!

[Amber]

Get out from my zone !

 But the screen now is blinking and a big statement appeared on the screen.

[Miss A has taking over the system]

[Amber]

Who are you, Miss A ?

[anonymous]

Hmm... don’t you know me ? I am the one who took Client #124 from you^^. 

Amber almost breathless reading it, she never expect that other ‘thief’ would appear in front of her.

[anonymous]

Stay out from this world, Raven. There’s something more important for you to take care from now on.

[Amber]

Stop fooling around. I could crash your system in a blow.

Miss A didn’t reply, the screen has finally stopped blinking. But Amber's hacking activity has been blocked somehow, because now the desktop is clean , just like any other regular home computer desktop.

But the chatbox still is staying on the screen though.

[anonymous]

Just remember to always protect your Key ! Oh yeah, and get well soon~~❤

BEEP ! BEEP ! and with that sound, the chatbox disappeared.

Oh my god…is Key oppa in danger ?!

***

 “Amber…? Yah yah… what are you doing here ?!” Key almost jumped out from a bench at the campus park, seeing that tomboy walked casually and sat beside him. She’s back in her scruffy outfit, with jeans and hoodie and doesn’t looked like someone who just ran away from a hospital.

“Is there any strange people, or a girl probably, stalking you today ?” she asked with a serious face. She still felt a bit clumsy right now, but she need to push it for now.

“Hey stupid, did you hit your head or something ?! Come on, let’s get back to the hospital !!” he dragged her out of the park and stopped, “Wait…how could you walk all the way here with your broken ribs…? Aigoo… I can’t believe you, really !”

“It doesn’t hurt anymore, I’m planning on checking out of the hospital today.” she said it lightly, which made Key even worrier.

He flipped up his cellphone and call someone, “Hey Jjong ! Can you believe it, Amber left the hospital and showed up here, at campus !”

“Mwo ??? What is she doing ?! Are you with her ?”

Amber chuckled, “Hoy hoy why did you call him ?”

Key ignored her and continued complaining to Jonghyun, “Let me borrow your car, I’ll get her back to the hospital right away. I’m at the park.”

“I’m coming with you! I won’t let you drive my baby ride on the street !” Jonghyun yelled in panic over the line.

“Iiiish… he’s still thinking of his car in a situation like this…” mumbled Key in anger.

Amber was still lost in thought about what the hacker said… now she was pretty sure that a few people has been watching her, and it was getting dangerous for her friends. That ‘Max’ guy, that ‘Miss A’ hacker. Is that person even a girl ? It could be just a codename, she thought.

“Yah…you need to be a little more concern about your health, okay ?” Key patted her head in a sudden and Amber was frozen in a blush. But she shrugged it off anyway, this is not the time to feel all weak like this…

“Ah oppa, do you feel like being followed by someone these days ?” she couldn’t hold herself from asking that question.

Key stared at her in a weird way, “Eeeeh…? Why are you asking me something like that ? If you wanna ask that question, ask Jonghyun ! Girls are still following him secretly these days, you know.”

Amber sighed, trying to find a way to make him understand, “Not that kind of stalkers… It’s more like, you know, when you see some thriller movies, there’s always a psycho maniac stalking the victim ?”

“Ahahahahah… what did you watch last night, hmm?” said Key, hugging her with one arm casually.

“Look, the loverboy has come !” said Key jokingly when Jonghyun and his black convertible BMW stopped in front of them.

Jonghyun threw a sharp glance at Amber, “You there, get in here !”

She wanted to jump into the car but Key held her fast, “Yah yah, just because it has no roof, doesn’t mean you can just jump in like that ! Do you wanna break anymore bones ?!”

Amber laughed in guilty, “Sorry…” and opened the door in manner.

 

***

 

“Why the hell did you ran from the hospital like this hah ?” Jonghyun, in the driver seat, scolded her at the back seat next to Key.

I can say that there’s this hacker called ‘Miss A’ who could endanger Key anytime now. But I couldn’t say that, right?

“I’m going to check out today.” she said the worst reason ever and Jonghyun kept staring at her from the rear mirror with no mercy.

“Checking out ? Are you a superhuman huh ? You haven’t even recovered yet ! You should just wait for us first ! ” he said, banging the steer in temper.

“I don’t wanna waste my money only to sleep at the hospital. I could just sleep at home and it costs me nothing.” Said Amber, which made both of the guys stared at each others.

Jonghyun let out a small sigh, “I told you I’m going to pay for you, don’t bother-”

“Hyeong.” Amber stopped Jonghyun.

“Why do you always…ignore my help ? Don’t feel bad about it, I do it because you’re my dongsaeng, okay ?”

Amber didn’t know what to say and turned silent for the rest of the road. Key felt bad about it, but he agreed with Jonghyun though. Since her parents passed away, the two of them had been taking care of her like their own sister. But Amber doesn’t feel that way though, because she’s always depending on herself, which  pisses Jonghyun off so much.

“Mianhae..” Amber mumbled in the back, makes Jonghyun and Key smiled silently at the front seat.

 

***

 

Amber needed to stay at the hospital for at least a week or more to recover. The doctor was unhappy with the childish incident, that Jonghyun and Key had to apologize over and over and promised to watch over her more carefully.

When she returned to the room, there was another bouquet of white roses waiting on her empty bed. She looked around but there was no sign of that guy around the room. She then checked the flower to find a little note inside.

When Cinderella went home tonight,

I’ll visit you in delight.

-Max

Oh, so this is how you gonna play.

 

***

to be continued...

I'm sorry if this is becoming a bit serious, oh I don't know~

That's why, please do comment, so I know how you guys think about this story^^

Thanks for reading and subscribing !