Wings

Day X Night

 

“Come.” said Heechul calmly, bringing his own suitcase. Key didn’t let his eyes off him, following him sharply from behind.

A few hours ago he woke up in the waiting seat of an absolutely unfamiliar airport, which turned out to be Charles de Gaulle, the international airport...

...Paris.

It would be too naive if he thought that this ‘polite’ kidnapping has nothing to do with Amber. Eventhough that eccentric guy in front of him hadn’t said anything mentioning Amber, he’s pretty sure that these days, certain people only fusses about either Raven, or Amber.

And he’s getting sick of it.

“Hey you. Why are you searching for Amber too?” shouted Key from a 1 metre distance.

That guy kept walking, didn’t even bothered and he said, “ For now, just enjoy Paris !” he said, spreading his hands to the beautiful night view of the city in front of them. The downtown is full of people in coats, dim lights are flickering all the way down the street, even the scent of some freshly-baked croissant could be smelled from the distance.

Key trembled, wrapped within his complicated feelings. “I ask you again, WHY..and where’s Amber?”

Heechul finally turned to him in a playful smirk, “Now that’s the spirit! I think you’re ready now.”

***

Both of them stopped in front of a grand hotel in a suite area. Heechul smiled giving Key the sign.

“What if you’re mistaken? Who knows she’ll be the one wandering around out of the hotel?” asked Key before he move his feet into the hotel entrance.

The agent shook his head lightly, “No no, my instinct is always right. Always.”

Key raised his shoulders and sighed heavily, “Fine. But once I saw Max in the hotel, you should immediately get Amber back out there.”

He chuckled, “Let’s just hope that you’ll the one who meet her first. Cause I’m still holding on my instinct.”

“Then let’s see if your stupid instinct works.” said Key as he stepped into the hotel. The doorman greeted him in French, he nodded a little then entered the building. When he turned his head to check on Heechul, he found him already gone. For a few seconds there he hesitated but a sound inside his head whispered slowly into him, “Enter the building now.”

Key was stunned and looked around, trying to find Heechul one more time. But he’s still nowhere to be found. “Ck...psycho.” he mumbled while finally entering the hotel.

***

Amber POV

Man, cracking into KNPA really is a piece of cake! I saw so many crimininal records and biodatas here, collected even from 10 years ago!

Whoa, hacking couldn’t be much more exciting.

While I was surfing the records, I heard a thud on the window. I took a look, thought it was a bird or something, but instead I found something blinding behind the curtain. I stepped back and tried to see what’s going on, but the light was just too shiny and I could hear more thuds on the glass. Omo..was that a cracking sound?!

I ran back and grabbed the cellphone Max left me and dialed his number asap.

“Max! Max! Someone’s outside our room!”

“Leave your message after the beep.”

“Seriously? At times like this?!!” I slid the cellphone into my jeans and grabbed the laptop before running wildly to the door, sliding the card key fast until I heard the ‘click’ sound, then bursted out of the room.

I tried dialing him once again while running down the stairs...CRAP! Why do I take this STAIRS instead of the LIFT ?

Oh what the hell.

I ran quickly as I felt those footsteps came closer behind my back. The laptop is tightly gripped in my arms and I spin everytime I landed at the turn of the stairs. This feels stupid. Again, why didn’t I take the lift??

As much as I’m afraid to see who’s chasing me, I dared myself to turn my head and saw two stranger men running wildly toward me. One of them is a..I don’t know, he looks like a Korean, but I’m not sure. While the other one is definitely a French. Well, actually I can’t think of any other country except France.

I landed harshly on the floor and I swear I could hear my heart trembling when my body pressed the floor. I hugged my laptop even tighter and was trying to get up when I saw a couple of shoes reflected on the shiny floor.

Before I knew it, my hand was pulled up harshly all the way to the lobby by the Korean guy and his grip was quite strong, I couldn’t even free myself easily like I usually do. Damn it.

“Stop moving around you fool !” said the Korean.

I opened my eyes wider to see him more clearly before I responded, “Key...?”

I immediately looked back to check, those two strangers are still chasing me behind, so...

“KEY ?!! Hyeong, how could.. how...YOU? HERE?!!” I was still trying to see him closely, making sure that this guy really is Key.

But he didn’t answer back and just keep dragging me out of the hotel, ignoring all the security officers who seemed to be shocked by our little chasing scene.

“You’ve been a very very busy girl these days, huh?” he said in a sudden after walking out of the hotel. Then he ran us to the downtown. Those men chasing me are still speeding toward our way, and Key pulled me while running, saying “I think we should follow the smell of the bread!”

I tried to sniff the air, and the delicious smell of a freshly baked breads dived into my lungs. Actually I didn’t know what he meant until he took me crossing the street and entered the bakery, where that smell came from.

“Get down!” he pushed my head down, hiding us behind one of the bread counter.

I felt quite numb, didn’t know what to do or say, but I was staring at him. “Are you really Key..?”

He showed a smirk,”Go on, you can scratch my mask if I wear one,” he put my hand on his neck, which surprised me and I could feel my face got hotter in an instant. His neck is warm...or is it just because my hand’s freezing?

Some of the other customers are staring at us, who indifferently sit on the floor. Key’s trying to peep through the glass window, while I’m still hugging my laptop tightly, lost in my mind, trying to connect the dots. Key couldn’t possibly come here all the way from Seoul by himself. Someone must be with him here. Could it be someone from the police department? His dad could’ve sent a man to accompany him or something. But still...how did he know I was here..?

“Do you know that some crazy guy kidnapped me and brought me here?” he said suddenly, like he could read my mind or something.

“Is it Miss A..wait, what? A guy? Then... what guy would be just as annoying as Miss A??”

But Key didn’t answer and just dragged me out of the counter, “They’re gone. Come on.”

He opened the glass door and sneaked out smoothly with me tailing behind him. I’m not sure what situation I am in this now, but the fact that Key is here with me is..somewhat a relief, and a shock too.

He’s holding my hand along the downtown and I felt stupid.

Seriously stupid. I really didn’t know what to do now, it’s like I’m being hypnotized or something. Or am I ? He could be someone playing to be Key or something...right? Because lately those kind of things doesn’t seem to be so impossible anymore.

“Who brought you here?” he asked as we moved to another block of the street. Many foreigners are walking down the road, and they’re all taller than me or Key. Hmm, maybe I should say that WE are the foreigners instead.

“Hyeong, is it really you?” I asked back.

He let go off my hand.

“Aiishhh... you are one annoying kid.. Jo-ah. Ask me something only WE know.” he sighed then waited for me to throw a question.

I gulped down and braced myself. He did sound like himself...

“Aaah forget it. I believe you, hyeong. Mianhae...”

Key looked surprised, “Mwo..? You easily believe me? Just like that? What if I’m actually someone else under a latex skin?!”

I grinned, “Hehehe hyeong, now that you talk like this, I believe that it’s really you- -”

I’m surrounded.

I was suddenly surrounded by his arms..

He hugged me.

“At first I couldn’t believe that it was you too. But if I didn’t grab you out of that hotel, I would never know, right..?” he whispered behind my shoulder.

My stomach felt cold because of the laptop. But my arms and the back of my shoulders felt so damn warm...and I don’t need to guess why..

Is this the feeling that Krystal felt whenever she’s with Minho? Or when Sulli’s talking with Taemin?

I suddenly could feel the cold breeze striking my face, it almost feels like the time’s freezing, and I’m waiting for him to let me go. 1...2...3...4...5...

6...

7...8...

9...

10...

“I’m glad you’re okay..” he said. I thought he’d let go around that time, but I could still feel his arms wrapping me.

I was shaken. I could feel something warm dripping down my cheeks. Am I crying? I couldn’t even tell.. I just felt warm, and I love it. I felt like I’m home. I leant my head on his chest, and I don’t care about anything anymore. At least for now..

***

[Somewhere in Paris]

“I’ve brought her here. This time, we’ll protect it no matter what.”

“Oh? So you’re really that confident?” another voice smeared in from outside the room.

Max turned around fast to find an unfamiliar guy standing proudly at the tip of the door. He took out his gun from his jacket, “Who are you?”

Heechul scoffed, “Aah..such a boring introduction. Shin Changmin, I believe?”

***

to be continued...

Sorry for the late update, but hope you enjoy it >.<

Critics and comments are very welcomed !

and most of all...thanks for reading and subscribing !

(P.S : Feel free if you'd like to make a poster for this fic, it would be sooo fun! Kekekee~XD Celebrating 50 Subscribers for this story !!!)