First Day

What Is Love

    "Eunhee Ah!!.....PARK EUNHEEEEE!!!" I turned around and took off my headphones to see a small girl flailing her arms in the air, running towards me. It's great to see Jihyun again. I haven't been having a good summer. "How have you been, bestfriend?" She said breatheing in and out when she caught up to me. "Alright. Could've been better." I forced a smile on my face. You can't not be nice to Jihyun. She's so bright and fun to be aroung. I don't understand how anyone can't like her. I'm positive everyone from school knows her and loves her. I envy her bright personality sometimes. "Oh. You seem down. What's up?" I turned to look at her and i noticed she was sketching a picture of me in her notepad as we were walking to school. I've gotten used to the fact that Jihyun draws me or anything around us while we talk at anytime. She's a gifted artist. She can draw anything in about 10 minutes and it'll look 10 times better than mine if I took 2 hours to draw it. "Nothing really. I Haven't been getting enough sleep the past couple days because I was trying to put together a decent audion tape for CUBE Entertainment. I know it seems stupid cause' I'm not in the best mood right now because I haven't been sleeping the past few days since I had the entire summer to rest. But I haven't been able to dance or sing properly lately." She looked at me as if I was crazy. "You're nuts." She said. "How could you possibly think you haven't been able to dance or sing?" She smiled at her drawing of me as if satisfied with her work, closed her book and slipped it into her bag. "You're amazing unnie. Seriously. I heard you sing so well even when you were sick and you even DANCED while you were sick. You'll be fine. Don't worry about it. If it helps, what if I came over after school and I'll give you my opinion on your audition tape?" She put her hand on my shoulder. I looked at her and gave her the biggest smile I can force out of me. "Sure!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at the steps of the college. Hundreds and hundreds of students were all spread around the front and back of the school. I was excited inside. I really wanted to practice more dancing and singing along with other people around me. "Do you think we'll be able to be as talented as everyone else here?" Jihyun said. She was scanning the crowds of people. Some were dancing, stretching, singing, playing drums and other instrments and most were chatting and taking photos with each other. "Some of these people seem really good at dancing. It'll take forever for me to get to their level." I felt bubbly inside. I was getting a little scared. I seemed like an amateur compared to everyone else. "You'll be just fine Eunhee! Don't lose faith!"