The Encounter Part 2

Remember The Forgotten...

 

Jonghyun’s POV

This is ridiculous. This is stupid and insane. This is not worth it. Why am I even listening to Minho? Since when do I listen to him?

“What do you want?” a brusque tone sounded above me and I almost jumped out of my skin.

I looked up to meet the pair of feline, cat-like brown eyes staring daggers at me as she held a writing pad and a waiting pen, looking impatiently at me. What am I supposed to say? How am I supposed to act? Minho never told me any of this! He only said to come here and then, left me hanging on the cliff just like that. It feels like my brain’s putting up the “I’m on a break. Please come back later.” sign as I cannot come up with anything to say to her at all. I just sat there like a dummy with my mouth hanging open as my eyes couldn’t get enough of her remarkable resemblance to Kibum. I still think there is no way two people of the opposite gender can look so much alike. Besides, nobody can ever come close to having a quarter of his beauty and here, she’s rivalling it.

“If you’re here to just gawk at me, do it from outside the glass window. I don’t have time for you,” her voice dripping acid as she pointed out of the café.

Okay. If I said that that didn’t hurt my pride, I wouldn’t call myself a man with balls. She was hurting my pride and nobody- I repeat, nobody wounds Kim Jonghyun’s ego and gets away with it. Not even a Kibum wannabe. I stood up to my full height (which wasn’t much, actually. I didn’t know she was so tall) and levelled my eyes with hers.

“Flat.”

“What?”

I smirked as my eyes fixed themselves on her chest. “You’re as flat as a freshly mown lawn. That’s what I was staring at.”

She gasped in indignant and her hands immediately flew up to cover her chest as she glared furiously at me. “You-,”

“- are right," I finished the sentence for her. "I know I am.” 

I saw her jaw drop as I turned to walk out, not wanting to continue this any further. After all, she was still a girl and it hurts my ego to be picking a fight with a girl in public. I was at the door when I caught Minho standing in a corner, chuckling to himself at our little drama. That bastard. I trailed my eyes lazily back to her still standing with agape and her eyes conveying a death message in my direction. Well, I might as well taunt her a bit more for the fun of it.

I winked. “I’ll be back tomorrow.”

Okay. I had to admit that that was fun and I haven’t had much fun for as long as I could remember. I chuckled as I drove. I was feeling light and bubbly all of sudden. Her face at the time was priceless. Simply priceless. I should do that again tomorrow. I whooped and cheered when the song “Ring Ding Dong” by SHINee blasted around me and I sang along, screaming the lyrics as if it was my own song.

Don’t tell this to anyone but I find the lead singer incredibly hot.

 

 

“What? You’re back to being resigned?” Something hard bumped on my head from the back and I growled low in my throat.

I him who was leaning back against his chair, reading the book he had just hit my head with. “Do that the next time and I’ll personally burn all your books, Minho.”

He ignored me. He pointedly, blatantly ignored me. Me. His hyung. Man, it pisses me off so much just dealing with his attitude. I turned back to face the front irritably.

It's not like I can do anything to block all the nightmares about Kibum when I sleep. My brain just doesn't have that spam button or protective firewalls. Hence, you cannot blame me for the zombie I am for being deprived of my sleep every night. But I know that Minho knows that and he knows that I know he knows. He was just doing that to annoy me.

“Well, yesterday was fun.”

I rolled my eyes. Now he wants to talk?

“Fun for you,” I snapped not bothering to turn around.

“It wasn’t fun for you?” I could hear the smirk in his voice. “I clearly remember you laughing your head off as you drove away.”

I was not going to admit to that. I was not going to lose to Minho in a verbal showdown. “She was just a distraction tool from the boredom of sitting there like an idiot. It’s your fault, you know?”

Oh, brilliant. It’s your fault? I just made myself sound like a three year old.

Minho chuckled. “Do you not have your own judgement?”

I him, now, blood boiling in my veins. I hate it when people say I can't stand on my own two feet. It makes me think they think i'm useless. He had gone too far.

“Listen, you-”

“Oh, by the way. I have a message for you from Key. This is what she said. Minho, you tell that freaking idiot that if he ever set foot in here again, I will skin him alive with the kitchen knife and serve him to all the customers.” He did an accurate imitation of her annoyed tone. “Him in the dialogue refers to you.”

I rolled my eyes. “Do I look stupid to you? Of course I-”

“Hey, guys!” an obnoxiously cheery voice interrupted.

“Onew,” Minho nodded his head in greeting, not taking his eyes off the book, as usual.

“Why’re you here again?” I sounded bitter.

“Ouch!” Onew clutched his chest, pretending to be wounded but went back to jumping up and down like a kid the next second. “There’s a new chicken store in town! Let’s go! Let’s go! Let’s go go go!”

Minho sighed an identical exasperated sigh at the same time I did. We both know that it will be such a pain to remove him from the shop afterwards.

 

 

I sat there looking at nothing in particular as Onew greedily wolfed down his third plate of fried chicken. After seeing the way he ate, I’m so ruling out chicken for this week.

“I’m leaving,” Minho stood up, closing his book with a soft thud.

I frowned up at him. “So early?”

He shrugged. “I might as well do an early shift than watch him eat.”

I didn’t need to give his words a second thought as I stood up as well. “You have a point and I’m coming with you.”

Onew stopped eating and looked up at us with sad puppy eyes. “But we don’t often get to eat chicken together. And it’s not like I’m being disgusting or anything.”

I mentally did an eye roll. With the way he stares and eat the chicken, you would think he was making out with it rather than eating it. “You just keep telling yourself that,” I said with sarcasm as I made to leave and Minho followed behind me.

“Wait! I don’t have much on me today, to be honest,” Onew confessed and he lowered his head in embarrassment.

I smirked. “Already taken care of. Just go eat as much as you want. I don’t mind as long as I don’t have to watch you eat.”

His eyes sparkled and he reminded me of a wagging puppy as he jumped at me, squashing my arms to my sides in a bear hug. “You’re the best friend ever!”

“Onew, get off! You’re embarrassing!” I shrieked at him and Minho didn’t even try to help. He simply walked out and left me fighting Onew off of me all by myself.

When I had finally managed to stumble out of the restaurant, I find the prick leaning against his favourite red Yamaha YZF-R1 bike looking like a freaking model for a sports magazine. He has plenty of different and much better bikes left to rot in his garage but he insists to stick to this one. I don’t even find it that nice anymore after I saw how the rest of his other bikes looked like. I honestly don’t get what he sees in this one. He wouldn’t even let me touch it whereas I can do whatever I want with the other bikes. Well, not that I don’t have my own collection, mind you.

 

yamaha-r1.jpg?t=1317232681

 

“Let’s go,” I snapped at him.

He raised an eyebrow at me. “Go where?”

“To the café. Duh.”

“She’s serious about what she told me.”

“And I’m serious about going.”

Minho considered me for a moment before shrugging it off and mounts his bike, putting on his helmet and said,  “I’m not gonna be the one to arrange your funeral” before zooming off.

Whatever, I thought as I got into my latest convertible, the white Audi R8.

 

audi_R8.jpg?t=1317232730

 

 

 

Minho eyed me sideways as we were about to enter the café. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

I flashed him a wide smile showing off all twenty-six of my teeth as I felt my spirit lift just thinking about having another row with Key.

“Welcome,” Key turned to greet us with a sweet smile when she heard the bell at the door rang when we pushed it open but it was short-lived as her eyes fell on my grinning face. She immediately dropped the smile and glared back and forth between Minho and me.

“I did convey your message,” he said as he walked away to the staffs’ changing room.

Key glared solely at me now, her eyes aflame with hatred and fury.

I grinned wider at that. I’m such a bad boy. “Right. He did tell me word for word.”

Her beautiful feline eyes narrowed. “Then, why are you still standing there?”

“Well, since you don’t own this place and I haven’t harm you in any visible manner, I have every right to be here as everyone else.”

“You do realise that there’s plenty of sharp knifes to select from the kitchen, do you?”

“What are you going to do with it? Cook me a special dinner?”

Her jaw shook at the effort of holding in her anger and I had to control myself not to laugh. Man, this was even better than yesterday. I wonder if I should stop now. After all, everything has a limit…but maybe I should push it a bit further. Just a tiny bit further.

“Get out before I lose my temper and accidentally kill you in the process.” She stressed the word accidentally in a mocking manner.

“Right. You. Kill me. A girl. Against a buff guy like me. Pfft.”

She rolled her eyes. “You? Buff? Yeah, right. And who are you calling a g-” she stopped suddenly, her eyes wide with panic.

What was she trying to say? I didn’t exactly hear her clearly in the midst of all the customers’ voices. Besides, I have just caught Minho coming out of the changing room in the corner of my eye. All I heard was the front part.

“What? You don’t think I’m built?”

At first, she blinked at my question like she didn’t quite understand it. “Er...No, you’re not. Go grab a health magazine and see for yourself. You’re tiny compared to them.”

I closed the distance to Key in three long strides and pulled her slim frame into my arms, holding her there.

“Are you crazy?” she screamed as she struggled futilely against my grip around her small waist. The noise in the café was reduced to resounding silence as all eyes were on us.

I turned towards everybody with a sheepish smile. “Sorry. We just had a fight and she won’t forgive me,” I said in a sad broken tone.

They all went aww and their faces softened. Out of nowhere, a voice suddenly shouted “Forgive him!” and then, everyone joined in as they all chanted in unison.

I turned my attention back to the still writhing furious Key in my arms with a huge smile and countered her death glare with a wink. She let her body go limp and her arms dropped to her sides in defeat. She had finally decided stopped struggling in my arms. “So? What do you think? Am I strong now?” I whispered beside her ear so that only she could hear me.

“You’re nothing but a jerk,” she hissed as she didn’t dare say it louder when I have the whole crowd by my side. 

I shrugged. “Why don’t we end this drama with a happy note for their sake?”

Her glare went a few notches scarier but relaxed after a few seconds as she heaved a resigned sigh. “I forgive you,” she said through gritted teeth, her smile coming out in a grimace of reluctance.

“Really?” I made my expression lit up with happiness as I engulfed her in a bear hug, resting my chin on her stiff shoulder. “Thanks, baby. I love you!” I said it loud enough for everyone to hear me and a series of cheering ensued. 

“This isn’t over,” she hissed by my ear before pushing me away by my chest and stormed off.

Damn right, it isn’t. I wasn’t going to let my fun end so soon now, would I? Most of the customers here are regulars and the next time I come back, I will be pretending to be the best boyfriend ever. I chuckled as I sat at a table watching her grimace a smile and mutter a thank you whenever a customer congratulate her for being back on good terms with me, her boyfriend. I wonder why my body tingled at the sound of the word. And was it just me or her cheeks suddenly has that red tinge to them?

“Looks like someone’s going all out.”

I turned to see Minho standing behind me as he served a table. I winked at him and put out my hand under the table when he was passing and we traded a secret high five.

My life couldn’t get any better than this.

 

 

comments please~ ^^