The Feeling

Remember The Forgotten...

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

I sat down in the living room with my legs comfortably stretched out on the couch. I let out a roar like yawn. Watching this sick cry baby drama the life out of me. I glanced to my left at Key who was so fixated on the television, busy sniffing and holding back her tears.

“Key, go make me some popcorn.”

“Shh,” she pressed a finger to her lips; her eyes never left the screen.

I puffed air into my cheeks before leaning my head on her shoulder. I wanted to whine “Key, I’m bored” but before I could get the words out of my mouth, I have been shoved down to the floor.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?”

I sat up. “Yah! Why do you keep pushing me to the floor? You’re squishing my beautiful face, you know?”

Key rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Now, shut up. I need to concentrate.” Just like that, her eyes went back to the screen and her eyes filled with tears again while I was left forgotten on the floor.

I growled as I stood up and went to stand right in front of the television with both hands on my hips.

“Kim Jonghyun! What the hell do you think you’re doing? Get out of the way!” Key screeched at me.

I narrowed my eyes at her. “Make. Me,” I spat out the two words.

She glared at me as she stood up and stormed up to where I stood waiting in challenge. We met eye to eye (I had to look up slightly), standing only inches apart from one another, trying to see who had the more intimidating look.

Then, all of a sudden, her hands came up to push me away from the television. “Go. Away!” she huffed with each shove but only my upper torso swayed with her attack while my legs remained firmly planted to the ground.

“Ugh!” she screamed in frustration as she tried pushing me again with all her strength, her feet sliding backwards on the tiled floor instead of moving forward.

Man, she was so cute. I faked a yawn as I tried covering my smile. “Is that all you’ve got?”

Key shot me another glare as she retracted her hands and gave me a final push. I think she must have collected all her energy for one final strong attack. She caught me on my chest, I stumbled backwards. Her weight was on me. We both feel together and my arms went around her waist as I landed hard on my back with her on top of me.

“Ouch,” I muttered before looking at Key. “You-.”

Her nose were only inches away from mine. Her warm breath tickled my skin. It sent a weird sensation down my spine. I searched into her eyes as she searched into mine. There was something about the way she looked at me that felt familiar. It felt right. Unthinkingly, I held my breath as I raised my head slightly, tilting to the side to avoid bumping nose to nose. All these while, our eye contact remained unbroken. My lips were a mere inch away from her rosy pink ones. Very slowly, Key closed her eyes as I closed mine.

Then, my phone rang.

Our eyes flew wide open. I removed my hands from her waist. Key scrambled to her feet and smoothed out her skirt as a blush found its way to her cheeks. My heart was going a hundred miles an hour. I stood up as well. Maybe I was just being paranoid but when she got up, something hard brushed against my leg. It felt like it should belong to a gu- wait, what am I even saying? Key is a girl, for goodness sake. I must be overthinking things.

“I-uh…I need to go- I need to go out for awhile,” Key said awkwardly, not meeting my eyes.

“Oh. Uh, sure,” I said as I walked with her to the door. The two of us kept a safe distance away. I gave my voice to the reader and she fled without another word.

As soon as the door closed behind her, my lips tilted up automatically into a huge silly grin. I don’t understand why I was so happy or what was causing it. I just am.

Still smiling, I took out my phone from the back pocket as I walked back to my room. I was feeling very floaty at the moment but don't bother asking me why because I don't have the answer. All I know is that I like this feeling.

 

 

 

Minho’s POV

 

“You were awesome, sir!”My assistant beamed with pride once we were out of the meeting room.

I chuckled. “Thank you. But if you hadn’t been there with me all these time, I don’t think I can make it this far so this is partly your doing, too. Thanks for everything. You really are the best assistant I could ever ask for and if it is possible, I would very much wish that you could stay and serve Jonghyun when he is ready.”

His entire face lit up like a Christmas tree. “Of course, sir. It will be my utmost honour.”

“Alright, then. I will be counting on you,” I patted his shoulder before walking down the hallway, fishing out my phone.

Well, one of the bigger messes had been dealt with and secured. Now, all I have to do is concentrate on the most complicated part. It is finally time to set things right. There can be no more wait or hassle or all my efforts will go to waste. It will be now or never. I will make him forget everything there is to know about Key. I will reverse the damage that has been done for once and for all.

I dialled the first number on screen and was put through a long wait before Jonghyun finally picked up my call with an overly bright and sing song “Hello?”

I cringed at the cheerfulness and lowered my phone to check that I have called the right person. There, on my screen, in black bold letters spelled the words *Jonghyun Hyung*. Is he on some kind of drug? I placed the phone back to my ear. “Hyung, are you planning to go to school today?”

There was a pause and then, “Huh?”

I let out a sigh. “Forget I asked. Are you at home now?”

“Well, I’m in my room.”

I rolled my eyes. He couldn’t answer a simple *yes*, could he? “Stay there and don’t move. I’m coming over.”

"Okay~" he replied in that silly sing song voice of his, again.

I disconnected the call with another roll of my eyes. Please don't let this be the sign of more trouble. Just let me get this problem over with before you decide to dump another one on me. 

 

 

Taemin’s POV

 

The days that followed my reunion with Kibum hyung were the best days of my  life. I felt like I had been brought back to life, like I was whole again. We were once more the *twins* that we used to be. We were inseparable, always doing everything together. We did not spend as much time together as we used to, though because I had to give some time for him to be alone with that useless bastard, Jonghyun, but I figured that as long as I still meant something to him, it was enough for me. As for Jonghyun, he hated me. Well, to be exact, he despised me. He didn't like the fact that he had to share Key with me and he didn't like that I had feelings for Key that a best friend should never have. I don't know how his pea brain could see through my feelings. I was very sure I hid them quite well away from sight and suspicion. Hmm...I think it was that frog faced Minho that told it to him.

I can't stop wishing that Key had never left, that he had never met Jonghyun. We would never have been in this mess, then. 

I let out a sigh as I closed the photo album and got out of the chair, away from the desk. Now is not the time to be reminiscing on the past. I have to get Key out of here; we have to flee to India where Jonghyun will never think of finding us there. We will be safe there for as long as necessary. I looked down at my watch. It was time to wake Kibum hyung.

I poked my head into the gap of his room door. “Key umma?”

There was no answer so I assumed that he was still sleeping. Slowly and quietly, I eased myself into his room, silently closing the door behind me.

“It’s time to wake-,” I said as I turned around and was met with an empty bed.

Panic rose in my chest. “Kibum hyung!” I called out loud; my eyes scanned every corner of the room.

I rushed to the bathroom and pulled open the door. It was empty. I ran the small space to his closet and pushed the sliding door aside. My breathing hitched in my throat. The clothes on the racks were half gone and his luggage was nowhere to be seen. My head started spinning. He must have been awake that time when I was talking about it. How could I be so stupid? But it doesn’t matter anyway. There could only be one place that he would go to and I will have him back no matter what happens.

“Yoochun!” I shouted into the phone the moment my call connected. “Key’s missing! Get over here now!”

 

 

 

 

author's note:

Wow! It has been a month since my last update!

I'm so sorry for the long wait, guys!   

and I know its a very short chapter! TT

But anyway, you sense it, dont you?

This is the end of the fluff and the beginning of another set of drama. The truth will be revealed slowly with each chapter.

Are you excited like I am? ;P

Lastly, comments & criticisms pls~