The Outrage

Remember The Forgotten...

 

P.S. Please read the *Author's Note* below!

 

 

Minho’s POV

Instead of going to the vending machine for coffee, I grabbed Jessica’s arm and dragged her into a broom closet. She didn’t say a word of protest. She didn’t even try to run away. Well, she must have known that this was coming for her after all the damage that she had done.

“So,” I fixed my stare on her once I’ve locked the door. “You broke the rule.”

“You didn’t say anything about rules when you dragged me into this,” she bit back.

“Oh, really? Do you mean to say that you’re that stupid to even need me to point out the obvious?”

Jessica’s chin went up. “I think that for once, I’m not the stupid one here.”

“I don’t think you know yourself well enough, then,” I said coolly. “It’s either that or you don’t love Jonghyun that much after all.”

“Are you kidding me? Me? Don’t love him enough? I think you’re out of your mind. He’s actually the one person I have come to love and will always love for the rest of my life. There’s no one in this world that could even try to copy him,” she shouted in rage.

I gave a small chuckle. “Well then. We’ll have to stick with my first inference then.”

“Can we just skip this and get to the main point of why you dragged me here into this disgusting little store that stinks of smelly feet and a clogged up drain?” Jessica said with a roll of her eyes. “You just want to know what I told Kibum, don’t you?”

I only gave her a smile.

She took a deep breath and started to pace as she spoke. “I lied to you about not saying anything to Kibum at all when I saw him in your school. We actually talked and he took my phone number. I got a call from him this morning and we met up in a café so we could talk more about the past he wanted to know so badly,” she stopped pacing and paused for a little while to gauge my reaction, to see if it was safe for her to proceed.

My face showed no sign of emotion. It was as expressionless as it has always been.

Jessica took another breath. “So then, he asked me all these questions about his parents and Jonghyun and you and everything else that I knew.”

“I want the details, Jessica. Tell me exactly what you told him.”

Jessica started pacing again. “I told him how he was when he was young, how every rich parent treats their children. I told him Jonghyun’s background including your entering into his life. I told him how Jonghyun and I were engaged by our parents and how I tried very hard to protect the engagement by forcing him to break up with Jonghyun…then, I also told him about the car accident…,” her voice were almost muted towards the end. “I told him how it had happened and how his mum gave up her life for him.”

I unclenched my jaw. “Anything else you told him?”

Jessica shook her head. “That’s all that I know and he fainted right after I finished talking.”

“Well, I must say. You’ve gone out of your way creating this mess,” I said in a hard tone and turned to unlock the door. “Your part is done. I’ll be taking it from here.”

“My part is done? What do you mean?” she asked, confused.

“You’ve done your part that I wanted you to do so now it’s time for me to do my part,” I pulled open the door.

“Wait!” Jessica stopped me from leaving. “This doesn’t make any sense! I thought you wanted me to break them apart? I thought you wanted me to keep Jonghyun away from Kibum? You said I should never talk to Kibum about anything at all.”

I smirked. “Think for yourself, girl. Have I ever given a straight forward mission before?”

Jessica looked dumbly at me. “Are you trying to say…that you actually intended me to tell Kibum everything? You knew I would try to help them?”

“You’re forgetting who I am, Jess. I know how your mind works more than you know it yourself. I knew from the beginning that all you cared about was Jonghyun’s happiness. It doesn’t matter if you can’t have him as long as he’s happy. So of course you would go against my order to tell Kibum the truth.”

“But- but what if it doesn’t turn out your way? What if- what if I did go all out to break them apart like you told me to?”

“I would have taken care of it before it even happens. Besides, I knew you have always kept a close eye on Jonghyun. You don’t think that I would know you hired a spy to keep a close watch on Jonghyun to see how he was doing? He reports to you how he’s suffering in heartbreak everyday and it breaks your heart too. So I’m sure you must have sworn it upon yourself to redeem your wrongdoing in the past by putting them back together because you still feel guilty for pushing them apart.”

A tear escaped the corner of her eyes. “I hate you, Choi Minho.”

“I know,” I smirked before leaving her alone in the “disgusting little broom closet that stinks of smelly feet and a clogged up drain”.

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

“Where are you?”

“I’m getting my coffee,” Minho said through the phone.

“I’m by the vending machine, Minho and I can’t see a goddamn shadow of you,” I spoke through gritted teeth.

“Well, that’s because your back’s turned to me,” the voice sounded through the phone and also from behind me.

I snapped my phone shut as I turned to the guy I called my best friend, my brother who had recently done nothing but spun my world upside down and drove me to the point of  insanity.

“It didn’t go well,” he stated the obvious.

“You know something, Minho. You know everything. So tell me right now or I swear I’m really going to lose control and kill you in the process,” I glared at him. My patience was running very thin.

Minho put his hands in his pockets and sighed. “What did you hear from Kibum?”

“Minho,” I called warningly.

“What. Did. You. Hear. From. Kibum,” he repeated in a very serious tone.

I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. “He wouldn’t stop talking about this one car accident and he’s convinced that his parents as well as mine are dead. Now tell me where he got that lie from and everything else besides that.”

Minho heaved another sigh. “It wasn’t a lie, Jonghyun.”

“This isn’t the time for jokes, Minho. My parents are somewhere out of the country and we both know that. Now stop testing my patience because it’s really very close from breaking apart.”

“Jonghyun, your parents are a lot further from Korea than you know. They have moved on, Hyung. They died in that car crash Kibum had told you about.”

“That’s bull, Minho!” I screamed in his face and everyone in the corridor turned to stare at us.

“Jonghyun, this isn’t the place to talk if you’re going to lose your temper like this,” he said, looking into my eyes to see if I could control my rage.

I closed my eyes and took deep calming breaths. “I can do this,” I assured myself while Minho looked on. “I need to know.”

“Okay, then. Do you promise not to interrupt while I’m talking-,”

“Minho-,” I rolled my eyes.

“Do you or do you not want to know?” he snapped.

 “Yes,” I said monotonously.

“Yes, you want to know or yes, you promise not to interrupt while I’m talking?” he asked.

“Both, okay?” I spat impatiently.

“Do you promise not to use physical violence?”

“Yes, Minho. For the love of God, yes.” I said through gritted teeth.

“Okay, then. Whatever you’ve heard from Kibum is the truth,” Minho held up his hand when I attempted to interrupt. “The letters that you get from them are actually sent to you by my orders. I have after all successfully forged your parents’ signatures so it wasn’t difficult to send a plain postcard and signed it in their names. I do this because your parents have died in the car crash like Kibum had told you. Both you and Kibum were involved along with both your parents but the two of you were the only ones to walk out of it alive. The re- don’t interrupt me, hyung or this will never end. The reason why you don’t remember is because you’ve lost the memory of that incident. Your condition is called the selective memory loss. You were traumatized, Jonghyun. You were deeply scarred and hurt so your brain had seized the connection of synapse between the neurons that were responsible for this particular memory of that accident to protect you.”

I stared at Minho as if he was speaking alien to me. “No. I still don’t believe you.”

“How long has it been since you’ve last seen your parents?”

“A year? Two years?” I shrugged. “I don’t know. Isn’t that normal? When have they ever cared to drop me a visit anyway?”

“You’re wrong, Jonghyun. Your parents would always drop by to see you even if it was just for an hour every three months or so just to know how you’re doing. You know that, don’t you?”

“Well, they’ve been busy. I mean, our company is really huge so they must have got a lot of things to do and meetings to attend. I’m sure they’re sitting in a conference in New York or Tokyo right now,” I was making things up out of thin air.

Minho sighed looking directly into my eyes. “Jonghyun, I can take you to their graves if you want.”

That was when I lost it. That was when everything around me turned red and dangerous. I didn’t know when I had moved but I was suddenly gripping onto Minho’s collars. I was shouting something but my ears had turned deaf. I could see through my red vision that I was raining punches on Minho’s face. I could feel vaguely that I was being pulled away from behind. People all around us were trying to separate the two of us. I was struggling to get them away from me. I was still shouting my head off.

Then, I felt something sharp penetrate my skin. I struggled even more but the more I struggled, the more my strength left me. Before I knew it, I was already sitting on the floor, my eyelids drooping to a close. The last thing I saw before I was overtaken by darkness was a bruised up Minho mouthing words at me that looked like “I’m sorry.”

 

 

Kibum’s POV

The moment Jonghyun went out the door and the nurse shut it behind her, the tears just wouldn’t stop. They rolled down my cheeks and dripped from my chin. My heart hurt so much and yet I couldn’t tell why. The things that I want don’t tally with the things that I should. Nothing made sense anymore. I don’t think I know what I want or what I have to do anymore. I think I should stop knowing. I should everything fall into the past and let the past stay forgotten. There was no point in remembering them if all they could offer me was more pain. Like the fact that watching Jonghyun walk out that door felt like I was stabbing myself in the chest.

I dropped my head back onto the pillow, still trying hard to gulp for air in the middle of all the crying. I closed my eyes and bit my lower lips to stop them from trembling too hard. What do I really want right now? What is it that I need? I really can’t think because all I see when I close my eyes right now was the stupid dino head Jonghyun.

“Kibum! Get a grip!” I yelled to myself. “Stop thinking about him! Stop thinking about how much you want him! Quit thinking about how much you need him because you don’t…You don’t! He caused the death of your parents. That’s all you need to remember for now. That’s all you need to know.”

That’s right, I thought to myself. It doesn’t matter that he threw my life into one of the most amazing roller coaster ride ever since we met in the café. It doesn’t matter that my heart was going so fast it was about to burst when he kissed me. Nothing was going to change just because he was my ex-boyfriend and deep down, I wished so hard that he still was.

“I love you…,” I whispered to myself. “Jonghyun, I love you but that doesn’t change anything. It doesn’t prove anything.”

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

So...I'm here to announce that I most probably am going to stop writing this story. It's not because I've lost inspiration or anything. I know exactly what I want and where I'm headed with this story but I don't think I can find time to write them down. And I think I've really disappointed you readers as well.You guys must have felt so frustrated with the little to no update from me. I think that's why the comments were declining with each update and readers are leaving me one by one. I don't blame you though. I'm disappointed with myself too. So anyway...I'm really really sorry to all of you. I will make sure that I put up a proper notice should I really come to the decision to stop writing. So try changing my mind while I'm still considering it. Lols. Thanks so much for the support and everything, guys! Means the world to me!