The Reappearance

Remember The Forgotten...

 

Minho’s POV

 

I kept my eyes on the distressed looking guy in front of me, feeling the less than happy aura radiating from his body. Something had gone very wrong. Something had not turned out the way he want it to be. I knew it just by looking at his squatting profile. His face was buried in his hands in what I can clearly see as frustration. It was a popular gesture known to be another one of his ways of avoiding the truth. It was his method of defying the world and keeping himself in his safe bubble of self made-up reality. Jonghyun had always believed that if he didn’t see with his eyes, he can reject whatever that he hears with his ears because a human’s sense of hearing is never accurate if it wasn’t accompanied by the sense of sight. It was sort of the only scientific fact he had managed to learn and use throughout his entire school life up until now.

I folded my arms as I scrutinized him further. My mind was going a million miles an hour. Did he find out about the things I didn’t want him to know? Was that why he was running around the school? But I know for sure that he hadn’t heard the conversation between Key and me. I have made sure that the coast was clear before I blabbered about things that were never meant to be said. I was always careful to start with but when it comes to Jonghyun and his unknown past, I would be twice as protective of him. There is simply no way that he had caught up with what I know. Besides, I saw him running past the toilet when I managed to pull Key back in and kick the door shut before he could see either of us. If only Key knew the reason I pulled him back into the toilet. I bet he couldn’t hear Jonghyun approaching the vicinity when he was about to leave.

“Are you going to squat there all day or do you plan to start talking soon?” I provoked him.

Jonghyun gave me no answer as he remained in his position like he hadn’t heard me at all. I let a frown colour my usually poker face. How bad of a situation are we in? He never ignores me. Never. Unless he had found a fault in me that was so bad he wish he never knew of it like that one time before either of them lost their memories. He was reluctant to confront me at first. He was sure he could avoid it and keep it all to himself so only he suffers the burden and pain. It was his common trick to maintain everything as it and protect the bond and faith he has in his friends and family. But I got it out of him, in the end (obviously) and the result wasn’t pretty. It was the only time we had fought very seriously not in the verbal manner but physically and emotionally. It was the one fight that will forever be etched into the deepest corners of my memory. It was a fight I regretted having with him but at the same, relieved that I had got it done with.

“Hyung, something happened,” I hinted. “Tell me what you know.”

He was still adamantly trying to ignore me but gave up after a short moment. His tired face reappeared from behind his hands as he let them fall to his sides. Then, he slowly rose to his full height to face me. His eyes bore into mine as were mine into his and that was when I knew. He had the knowledge of the truth. He had got it somehow when I had gone to such lengths unknown to keep it safe from him. But how much does he know? That is the key to altering whatever truth it is that he has into unrecognisable facts far from what he was supposed to know.

Jonghyun took a deep breath. “You lied to me, Minho.”

Well, this is easier than I thought it would be.

“I lied to you? About what?” I raised an eyebrow sceptically although I knew where he was heading with this.

He balled up his hands and they shook at his sides. The temper was building in him. His mind is turning unstable as the anger, disbelieve, betrayal and pain all merged into one inside of him. He could tell that I knew what he was talking about and that I was just playing with him and stalling time thinking how best to get the ball around into my court as I have done with Key.

“Another lie, Minho. You know what I’m talking about, don’t you?” his voice trembled with uncontrolled rage.

Good. This is going as I had planned.

“What do you mean?” I kept up my acting. “How am I supposed to know if you don’t tell me?”

The trembling of his fist turned into violent shakes. No. It was too soon for his temper to reach its low peak. I had to slow him down. This is not the time to go berserk. Not yet. I have to slowly drive him completely to the edge so I could achieve what I want.

“Hyung, take it down a notch. You’re over thinking things,” I said. “I have never lied to you. You know that.”

Jonghyun stopped hyperventilating and took a moment to think about what I had just said.

“Well, you have never lied to me,” he said it like a question. “Not until recently, that is.”

“If I have never lied to you in the past, what makes me want to lie to you now?”

His forehead scrunched into deeper concentration. He has doubted himself from the beginning so all I needed to do was to egg on that doubt to steer him away from the main purpose that he wanted to confront me with.

He ruffled up his hair in frustration and shouted, “I don’t know!”

I raised an eyebrow. “You don’t know? You don’t know what you’re on to and yet, you dare talk to me?”

Jonghyun glared at me. The temper was gathering momentum again.

“Don’t push me, Minho.”

But I’m not. I’m merely implying that you never think before you get your mouth into action.”

“MINHO!” he shouted warningly.

“I’m just here. You don’t have to raise your voice.” I kept my cool as I stepped backwards to rest my weight on one of the lockers. “You never change, do you? No wonder Key left you.”

My words were the final straw. It was the final blow to his restraint he had been holding from the start of our conversation. Key has always been the easy available-on-the-go catalyst to get Jonghyun in a knot. The volcano erupted now without any will to hold back its power but I stayed as I was, observing Jonghyun’s face as it turned red and manic. I have finally pushed him to and over the edge.

Now here comes the drama.

He rushed at me, attempting to hold me up by my collar without realising that he is much shorter than I am. “You aren’t supposed to say his name here. You of all people have no right to even think about him,” he hissed through gritted teeth.

Do it, Minho. Say it, now. This is the chance to set things back to where they belong. I have got him where I want him to be. If I stall this any longer, another hindrance will just crop up and it will be so much harder, then. It is now or never.

“Oh, really now?” I remained unchanged to his menace. “Then, who has the rights? You? The one who had harmed him? The one who had hurt him so much he cried himself to sleep every night?”

The axe has been dropped. I have said what I have always meant to say for as long as I can remember. Now all I have to do is to wait for the words to take effect. Sure enough, the grip on the front of my shirt went slack as Jonghyun’s furious eyes turned blank with confusion. It has always been too easy to manipulate his feelings.   

“What do you mean?” he asked blurrily.

“What?” I smirked. “You don’t remember? You don’t remember all the bad things that you have done?”

 

 

 

Kibum’s POV

 

He had better be there. I will literally kill a person if he isn’t. I have come so far and so close to the truth that I had chased after for so long. I was not going to let anything disappoint me. Not this time. Not anymore.

I puffed out my chest as if I was preparing for a battle and marched back into the school. I can’t believe I have to enter the ladies’ toilet again. Oh, well. Anything is worth it so long as I get what I want to know about myself. Seriously, this is so tiring. I am completely exhausted hoping from one hope to another in search for a small spark of light that would shine my way and unlock my history so I could understand why everyone else is keeping them away from me. I thought I was an okay type of person in the past from what Taemin was able to tell me but after the recent events, I wasn’t so sure anymore. I mean, it was obvious that he was keeping a lot of things from me.

I stepped into the corridor and looked across the length to find two figures standing in the middle of it. One with the back turned towards me was obviously Minho judging from his height and built. The other one was facing Minho but since he was shorter, I couldn’t quite see who it was. Damn. Do I have to come up with a diversion to shoo that person away? But who is the person anyway?

I stepped to the side so I wasn’t directly in line with Minho. When I was able to see the shorter person, a gasp escaped my mouth and I quickly clasped my hand over it to muffle the sound as I fled the place out into the open again. I breathed a sigh of relief once I was out of sight. Oh my god! It was a lucky thing I had spotted them sooner and did not go too close or Jonghyun would have seen me. I was so not ready to confront him yet after that kiss. My heart and mind still cannot go in sync as to what to think of the kiss. My heart kept screaming about how right it felt but my mind wouldn't stop procrastinating with it's decision. Anyway, imagine what could have happened if he had seen me.

Hold it a second. Why am I overreacting? He doesn’t know me, does he? He can’t recognize me as myself, can he? He only knows me as the girl Key. So it’s safe for me to go back in there and pull Minho away, right? But he's best friends with Minho. What if he knew me before my memory loss too? It will only lead to another huge confusing drama. 

"Argh!" I groaned aloud. Why is everything against me these days?

“Key?”

I froze for a second before turning around to face whoever it was that had called my name.

“What are you doing here?” the unfamiliar very pretty looking girl asked me.

I frowned. “Er…am I supposed to know you?” 

 

 

 

author's note

so? did I disappoint you again, Yurikim1601? :P

babymiiinsangel, i'm not a person who prepares my story beforehand so its really hard to predict what happens next! and i'm never the type to do whats common! 

btw, school's starting for me so I won't be able to update as often anymore...

 

well, then...who do you think it is at the end? 

this time, it is predictable  ^^