The Lie Part 1

Remember The Forgotten...

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

Who do they think I am? They appear as they like spouting clueless rubbish at me while I stand here being the blur person that I am as they rant and then, they just walked off when they were done. Seriously! What about me? Doesn’t anyone want to listen to what I have to say? What could be more important than listening to their best friend, anyway? I folded my arms irritably and stormed off towards the direction all three of them had vanished to. Since none of them will tell me what they were up to, I will just have to keep my spy radar up to dig them out by myself.  

However, it was actually a close call with Minho, though. It would be such a disaster if he knew that I forced a kiss on Key yesterday and that she totally hates me now. God only knows what Minho’s reaction will be considering how unpredictable the boy is and he seemed pretty attached to Key for some reason. Hmm…I wonder if he likes her. If he had been persistent with the interrogation earlier, I would already have fallen at his knees. It was all thanks to my brilliant mind that I knew to avoid eye contact with him so he couldn’t get a read on me. Okay…maybe I was over praising myself but it does work in reducing the pressure he pushes onto the people he was squeezing information out of although he could very well read you inside out before you could even think to block him out.

I rubbed my thumb absent-mindedly across my bottom lip. Something must really be wrong with me. I honestly don’t know why I kissed her. I don’t even go that way for Christ’s sake! But I don’t know why I felt so angry when I heard her say that she hated me. I mean, it’s not like I don’t know that from the beginning, right? Well, she has always disliked me for teasing her nonstop but I think the dislike had turned into pure hatred by now.

I sighed as my feet carried me absent-mindedly through the school corridors, turning left or right based on my heart’s instinct. I wasn’t even paying attention to where I was heading. My head’s a mess just thinking if I should apologise to Key and make it up to her by buying her an expensive gift because all girls love pricey sparkly things. My feet turned into another corridor and all the noise faded away as if someone had flipped the *mute* switch.

I snapped out of my thoughts in the sudden silence and looked around me. I had walked all the way to the furthest block of classes which had been abandoned after a series of unnamed incidents happened here a long time ago. It was said that one of the construction workers had fell off the rooftop while he was working on something and ever since then, he had been wandering around here waiting to lure people up the roof. An involuntary shiver ran down my spine as the hair on my arms threatened to stand on ends. I had better get out of here before it finds me.

“Jonghyun…”

I froze in my attempt to escape. Fear crept down my body to the edge of my toes. Was that my name I heard in the wind?

“Jonghyun…”

. That really was my name. All the rumours about how haunted this place is…it’s true, then…and it had found me. My heart rammed hard against my chest. Should I turn around? Or should I make a run for it? But what if it’s too hideous and I faint? What if I ran and it chased after me? I don’t want to scream like a sissy psycho! Why does this have to happen to me of all people? I’ve never disturbed anything spiritual before, have I? So why pick me?

I took a very deep breath and slowly made myself turn around to face whatever it was that had called me.

I don’t see anything.

Oh, right. My cowardly eyes are closed.

I took another deep breath and summoned all the courage in me to peel open one eye to assess how terrible a trouble I was in. I opened my other eye. I blinked hard. I stared to the end of this corridor. There was no one.

Is it playing with me?

“Move, Jonghyun,” I ordered but my limbs remained stagnant. I didn’t dare push my voice above a whisper because I don’t want to startle it. God only knows what it might do to me.

“Goddamit, Jonghyun! Move it!” I said through gritted teeth and pinched my thigh.

“Ouch!” I muttered low and hopped around silently clutching my leg to my chest. I’m going to find a big bruise on my thigh tomorrow.

I a huge gust of air to calm myself down and slowly took one step at a time further into the creepy corridor. Then, I heard it again. My name…someone was saying it but it sounds like two people were talking and it seemed to have come from the classroom on my left. Curious, I approached the classroom quietly and looked through the small gap between the window panes. My eyes widened at the surprise but soon, a satisfied grin lit up my face. I have found Onew and the girly looking boy talking very intensely together.

Looks like I’m about to find out what they were keeping from me.

 

 

 

Key’s POV

 

My heart was at the speed of a bullet train. “You know my real name…” I said in a daze. “You called me Kibum.”

Minho dragged a hand down his face with a sigh. “Yes. I know you’re really not a girl but a guy with the name Kim Kibum.”

“But…that must mean you knew me before I had lost my memories,” I said like I was phrasing a question.

“Yes, I did know you before your amnesia.”

I frowned at him; the impatience was boiling in the pits of my stomach. I didn’t ask a question to expect any less of a full answer for it and here he was trying to follow in Taemin’s footsteps. He was trying to keep things from me the way Taemin always do when I ask him about my past. He would talk to me in this controlled tone and short sentences hoping that I would give up in the end. Minho was doing it now. Well, not today. I’m not giving up no matter what because I’m sick of not knowing who I was when everyone else does. I’m sick of trying to get answers about myself when they were supposed to be common knowledge to every human being. I’m sick of feeling like an outcast, an abnormal person, an unstable freak that collapses with a scream every time I tried to remember something.

“What do you know about me in the past?” I demanded.

Minho stared down at me without giving me a reply. I knew right away that he was reading into my mind again but I stared back hard into his eyes to show my determination. I was not going to attempt to block him because I want him to know. I want him to understand how desperate I am to know a little something about myself, my background; about my friends and my family. 

His lips were reduced to a grim line before he finally spoke. “What do you know about yourself?”

“I’m under the impression that I was the one asking the questions,” I was still glaring at him. This was not the time to get caught up in his cunning words and stray off track. We are going to play the game by my rules.

Without so much as a warning, Minho reached down to grab my hand and pulled me into a cubicle, locking us in the cramped space. He held my body against his by locking an arm around my waist and immediately clamped the other hand over my mouth to stifle any sound that I might make. I couldn’t even open my mouth much less try to scream with his strong hand suppressing my jaw. I tried to wriggle free, instead but his eyes cut a glare at me as he raised a finger to his lips signalling me to be quiet. Did I cross the line? What could he be trying to do? My heart beat ahead of me. I was afraid but my cheeks were burning up at the same time. There really was no gap between our bodies. I was completely squashed against him and I could feel his hard abs. Great. That was all the confirmation I need to prove that I was really a gay.

Then, I heard it. Someone was coming into the washroom. And it was a girl’s voice. My fear filled eyes changed into one of bewilderment and I conveyed a silent You pulled me into a ladies’ toilet? Minho only shrugged in response as if to say that he didn’t have a choice and even if he did, he wouldn’t say he was guilty for being in here.

We both waited for the girls to finish their business. We tried to think about anything besides the sound of the skirts rustling and the sound of the water shooting into the toilet bowl. It was so awkward in the small cubicle that I only realised I had been holding my breath when I ran out of oxygen. I made my eyes look everywhere but at Minho’s face. The heat in the small space was rising fast and if I don’t get out of here and away from Minho soon, I was going to faint of heat . Literally.

It felt like eternity when the two girls finally finished gossiping about the hottest guys in school as they fixed their makeup and I just had to raise my eyebrow at Minho when his name as well as Jonghyun’s was mentioned followed by a series of squealing and spastic talking. And don’t ask me why I felt like going out there and dunking both their heads into the toilet bowl when they expressed their desires to be in Jonghyun’s bed. I don’t know the reason for that myself. I mean, I still resent him for stealing my first kiss. I have sworn to myself to never talk to him ever again. So why do I care if he wakes up with a different girl in bed every day?

I glared at Minho when a hint of smirk was playing at the corner of his lips. He so did not just read what I thought.

“Aren’t you keen to get out and away from me?” he raised an eyebrow in question.

I stared at him for a second longer and then pushed him off of me. He did not just say word for word of what was in my mind.

I stumbled out of the cubicle and took a huge gulp of air into my suffocating lungs.

Minho walked out slowly with folded arms. His expression was one of amusement. “Was it really that bad?”

I shot him a glare. “Worse.”

“Well, then. I think I heard the bell. When you’re done catching your breath, I trust you know the way out?” he said as he made his way to the door.

I was at the door before he is and stretched my arms out, blocking his escape. “Not so fast, Minho. You owe me one hell of explanation.”

He looked bemusedly at me, his expression unreadable like always. Then, he sighed again and walked backwards to lean against the countertop. He looked expectantly at me.

“How well did you know me?”

“Well enough to read you like an open book,” he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and said, “E-la-bo-rate, Minho.”

“You were a gay. Still is. Need further elaboration?” the smirk was more pronounced now.

Damn him to hell. He just had to say the words that he knows we both know will get me on edge. Looks like I came to the right place after all. Although the person who I was supposed to get answers from is Taemin.

So I was a gay. I have always been a gay even if I didn’t realise it before this. That explains all the weird feelings I keep having whenever Jonghyun was in close proximity. It also explains why I feel restless if I don’t see him for a few days as well as my inappropriate thoughts when he kissed me yesterday. A slight blush crept up to my cheeks. He must be the trigger to this gay side of me.

“Embarrassed that I know your darkest secret?”

I rolled my eyes again. “As if.”

“So tell me, then. Who was my boyfriend? Have I ever had a girlfriend? Or have I been gay all my life?”

“You were gay all along. No girlfriends at all.”

Okay…” I said slowly. “What about boyfriends? Do you know any of my boyfriends?”

Minho fell silent and I got the feeling that he was assessing my thoughts.

“What if I say that you won’t believe what I’m about to tell you,” he said seriously after awhile.

You’ve got to be kidding me. Minho of all people should know that months and months of wondering what I could be like after waking up from the amnesia had put me up to all kinds of possibilities. I was even prepared to accept the truth if you said I used to be on drugs because frankly, I think I’m too skinny at times too.

I puffed up my chest and tilted my chin a little higher. My eyes met his gaze head on and with all the confidence in the world, I said, “Try me.”

He sighed, looking away and for the first time since I met him, I saw a hint of uncertainty on his usually poker face. Still not looking at me, he said, “you only had one boyfriend and that’s me.”

Okay. I was prepared for any possibility except for that. 

 

 

 

author's note

I'm sorry to all the Jongkey shippers!  T__T

Please bear with me for awhile longer!!!

They'll appear super soon, I promise you~

sorry for the random *ghost* moment too

my sense of humour ...

 

And yeah...you can go back to hating Minho...lol~

 

P.S. CHEESECAKETATTOO86: awesome! you were the only one to know it was Jonghyun! lol~

thanks to all my other readers for the lovely comments as well!