The Snore

Remember The Forgotten...

 

Key’s POV

 

I tossed to my left, groaned and then turned back to face upwards again. Another groan as I tossed to the right this time. Annoyed, I took out the pillow from under my head and pressed it down on my left ear, covering my face with it too. I stopped moving for one second.

“Yah!” I screamed as I sat up and flung the pillow at Jonghyun. “Stop snoring!”

The pillow hit him square on the face where it bounced off and landed on the floor. Jonghyun, on the other hand, gave a short snort before resuming his stupid snoring. I don’t think he felt the pillow hit him at all.

“Argh!” I groaned as I slammed my head down, completely forgetting that I had thrown my pillow at stupid snoring Jonghyun and hit my head hard on the headboard. I immediately started rolling around on the bed, suppressing the scream of pain. I think I might have drawn blood from biting down on my lip so hard. I swear there is going to be a huge bump on my pretty head tomorrow. Damn, it’s going to spoil my beautiful hair! I hope the hair follicle isn’t damaged. I don’t want to go bald at such a young age. I am so not going to be wearing this wig for the rest of my life and its bad enough the pins are pulling at my hair every time I shift the position of my head. I most probably will suicide if my hair starts falling off tomorrow. Kim Jonghyun, this is all your fault! Come to think of it, I’d rather kill you than kill myself. My life’s worth more than yours does. And here I am, rolling around silently so I don’t wake you up.

Kim Kibum, you have officially lost your mind.

When the pain had reduced to an occasional throb, I got up into a sitting position again and once I was sure my feet co-ordination is still very well controlled by my central nervous system, I got out of bed and walked towards the snoring idiot. I stopped at the side of his head and bent down to get a good look on his dino face. Have I ever mentioned his facial features remind me of a dinosaur? Well, I’m saying it now. I know it’s kind of random but I think he’s the best looking dinosaur out there if they still ex- Oh. My. God. Kim Kibum! You have officially lost it! I must have killed a million neurons when I banged my head to end up thinking about this. But then…he does kind of look good when he’s sleeping. His peaceful face looks so…angelic. I never knew someone could look so gorgeous in their sleep. It would have been a beautiful picture if he wasn’t snoring so loudly. I snorted when I felt a strange feeling tugging at my chest. Could I actually be jealous of this guy?

“Key…”

I gasped as I jumped backwards. I only just realised that my face was mere inches away from him. Did he notice me? Did the snort give me away? Jonghyun gave a sigh and his sides. I released the breath I was holding and went back to stand beside him again, putting my hands on my back as a safety precaution. There was a frown between his eyebrows now. Is he having a nightmare? I wondered as a sudden protective feeling overcame me.

“Key…”

There he goes again but I didn’t step back this time. It was obvious he was muttering in his sleep. Wait, does that mean he’s dreaming about me? My cheeks were already warm even before the thought came. Is he having a nightmare on me? I unclasped my hand from my back and hesitantly reached towards Jonghyun. I paused when my fingers were a stretch away from his arm. I inhaled deeply.

“Jonghyun…” I whispered as I lightly poked his arm with my forefinger. “Jonghyun, it’s just a dream…” 

A drop of sweat rolled down the side of his face. The frown got deeper. And somehow, the sight of this tugged painfully on my chest. I’d rather see the stupid smirk on his face than having to look at this side of him, this vulnerable side of him. My fingers closed around his arm as I gently shook it.

“Jonghyun, it’s alright…” my tone sounded desperate, willing the nightmare away. “I’m here…I’m really here…and I’ll always be he-”

“Kib!” Jonghyun shouted an incoherent word as he shot up into a sitting position. He looked around frantically and when he saw me, his face relaxed, the frown disappeared and his breathing slowed down and gradually went back to its normal pace.

“What are you doing here? Ogling at my face while I sleep?” he teased with an arrogant smirk.

Did I say I’d rather see the smirk just now? Well, I take that back. I rolled my eyes and turned around to go back to bed but I was stopped by a sweaty grip on my wrist.

“Wait!”

Heaving a sigh, I turned back to face him. “I’m tired, Jonghyun and I’m not in the mood for this.”

“I know but just hear me out,” it sounded like a plea as he let go off my hand and drooped his head. “Can I ask for a favour?”

I raised an eyebrow. “What is it? I swear if it’s something stupid and retarded, I’m going to smack your head.”

He fidgeted around with his feet. “Can I sleep with you?”

Smack!

“Ouch! What was that for?” he shouted angrily at me as he clutched at the spot I had landed my hand on.

“You tell me!” I shouted back, my cheeks were burning red and I could feel the heat radiating from the back of my neck. “Don’t you ever think I’ll sleep with you because it’s not going to happen in this life or the next! Not even in your dreams!” I was breathing so hard. “And I did warn you not to say anything stupid.”

Jonghyun blinked once, stared at me and then, burst out laughing.

“H-Hey! What’s so funny?” I demanded, feeling very self conscious at the moment.

“You’re funny!” he said as he held his stomach to stop the laughing fit. “You- you thought- hahahahahahahahaha- oh, god!” he wiped at the tears forming in his eyes.

I narrowed my eyes at him, huffed out in anger and started storming away towards the bed when he held me back again.

“Wait!”

“Jonghyun! I swear the next time you grab my hand, I’m going to-”

“Smack your head. Yeah, I got the idea,” he smirked as he let go off my wrist.

“Oh,” I blinked. “Good.” I walked away again and was pulled back again.

“JONGHYUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!” I screamed in frustration as I rounded on him.

“Wait! Let me just finish talking!” he exclaimed as he stuffed his fingers in his ears.

“I’m not going to sleep with you! Period! Didn’t I say that I’m going to punch you if I find you anywhere near me when I wake up? Didn’t you get the hint?” I shouted.

Jonghyun cringed away as if he wished to melt into the couch he was sitting on.

“God, Key! What am I supposed to do to get you to listen?” he shook his head. “I don’t mean the sleep sleep with you, okay? I just wanna sleep with you.”

I glared at him. “It sounds the same, you dino-head!”

“No, it doesn’t! And who are you calling a dino!”

“You, of course! Haven’t you noticed that you resemble a dinosaur only that you’re much much uglier than them!” I said the exact opposite of what I have thought minutes ago.  “And it sounds the same to me! And if you’ll excuse me, I really need to go to sleep!” I finished my rant and stormed away before he could grab me again.

I climbed into bed, pulled the covers over my head and lay absolutely still as I listened to the pounding on my chest. I heard him heave a sigh, the couch sounded when he moved and before I knew it, he was already under the covers with me.

“Yah!” I screamed as I aimed a kick to his side and he rolled off the bed to the floor with a loud *Oomph*.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” he screamed back when he has got his face off the floor.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?”

“I already said I wanted to sleep with you!”

“And I already said no! Are you an idiot?”

“I have a freaking headache and I just want to lie down with someone who is warm, okay? I have no intention what-so-ever to do THAT with you!” he said in one breath. “God, talking to you is an even bigger headache,” he muttered as he started walking away to the couch.

I felt my insides tie a knot as I watched his sad back. I did over react, after all. Who said that sleeping has to mean that, right? And he must have felt insecure after the bad dream. That must be why he wanted a company. Speaking of which, I have never seen anyone in this huge penthouse except for him. Damn, you’re stupid, Kibum.

“H-hey…Jonghyun?” I called out to him.

“Just go to sleep,” he muttered dejectedly.

My face heated up twice as worse compared to earlier as I said, “Do- do you still – do you wanna sleep with me?”

His head snapped up to look disbelievingly at me.

“Forget it if you don’t want to,” I shrugged and lay myself back down on the bed.

I had to purse my lips together to stop the laughter as I heard Jonghyun stumble clumsily out of the couch and practically ran here. I felt the bed move as he got in.

I opened one eye to glance at him and realised he was looking at me with a big goofy smile on his face.

“If you’re thinking of anything-,”

“Stupid and retarded, I’m going to smack your head,” he repeated my words again.

“Yeah so you better beware of it,” I said as I turned to the other side, away from him and closed my eyes. I was trying to calm down the pace of my heart.

“Key.”

“What?” I snapped.

“Thank you…” it was such a heartfelt word that I was at a loss for something to reply.

“Jonghyun…”

“Yeah?”

“Go get the pillow on the floor.”

 

 

 

 

Taemin’s POV

 

I could still remember clearly the time when Kibum came to school with a sad expression on his face. He broke the news to me that his family was moving to LA and that he was leaving tomorrow. No one could imagine what it felt like to me at the time. I didn’t send him off because I knew I wouldn’t have let him go if I did and just like that, there was no news of him for one year while I go through each day imagining he was beside me, laughing with me, pinching my cheeks saying how cute I was, and nagging me. He was my lifesaver. The one hope that had lit up the dark path I thought I was going to walk for life. But to him, I was just one of his many friends (one of the many people he had saved) that could be replaced at any time.

Then, all of a sudden, after an entire year of no contact, I received a simple text from him with just a line saying “I’m coming home”. It was more than enough for me to go on living. We met up once at a local café near our school. You couldn’t believe how breathtakingly beautiful he looked after the agonizing one year. We talked about our conditions without one another. He gushed about how amazing the place was; how their shopping malls had everything he wanted but couldn’t exactly buy them. When it was my turn to talk, ii lied about how I was doing well in school with everyone else and I was happy. I didn’t want him to worry or to think that I was a burden, not when he had just return to me. We sat in the café for hours just catching up but it was his last words before we went home that was sealed into my heart and mind forever. “You’re very precious to me, Taemin and you’ll always be my very best friend”. I felt happy but at the same time, I could feel the needles pricking into every part of my heart. I already knew that I could never truly have him but I guess I have always been hoping that I might. I told myself to put the thoughts aside and just be glad that he was with me again and that when I go to school later, I would see him there at his locker, smiling at me. But then, he did not return to our school. He went to a new school, instead and it was there that he met Jonghyun and from then on, he built a new thread of friendship with him and it strengthened with every conversation they exchanged every day. As for me, our bond eroded. The rope thinned and slowly dissolved into the thin air. We had become two individuals on either side of a rising glass wall with me watching him laugh with someone else on the other side where I can never reach him. I was gone from his mind forever while he would stay in mine for good.

It wasn’t long when the news of them dating spread like wild fire and reached my ears. I have already expected the news. I have already prepared myself for what is to come so why do I still feel like taking a knife and driving it through my chest. Why do I still hope he will at least come back to me as a friend? But as long as he was happy, I would, too.  

I missed him so much I thought I would die. 

 

 

 

 

author's note

I'm so sorry for the super late update...

school has been hell again...

I have just done my first ever anatomy test and I passed!

god, it was the happiest feeling ever! ^^

anyway, enjoy~   :P