The Beginning

Remember The Forgotten...

 

Key’s POV

As soon as I was out of the door, I ran to the elevator and dashed into it. The moment I was confined in that small square of a space, I slid down a wall o sit on the floor. My breathing was in disarray. My heartbeats were so loud I could hear them in my ears. We were…we almost…I was…this is crazy! But it felt right! It felt right even if it shouldn’t feel that way. I shouldn’t be anticipating the kiss. I shouldn’t respond to him. There were a lot of things I shouldn’t do and feel when I was with him, but I did anyway. Does this mean Jessica was right? Is it true that Jonghyun loved me and I him? Was that my actual past? Taemin, is this the truth that you have been hiding from me? Could Jonghyun be the person in every picture whose face has been blackened in each picture?

I took in a deep breath and tried clearing my mind so I could think of my next move. As soon as I was sure I don’t seem to be hyperventilating, I took my phone and dialled the fifth and most recent number in it.

“Hello, Jessica speaking,” she answered the call in a sing song voice.

“Jessica, it’s Key. Do you have time right now?”

 


 

I sat across from the girl in an inconspicuous café. She was openly, blatantly gawking at me with making a big ‘O’. I already knew it was going to be a problem since I didn’t have any cash on me and I couldn’t walk out of Jonghyun’s place as a guy. I didn’t think it would be that big of a problem, though since I was already pretty as a guy.

“Who are you?” she demanded after a full minute of staring at me from the time I first sat down.

She really was as blonde as she looked. “I’m Key, of course. I called to meet you here, remember?”

“B-But you’re a girl!”

I refrained from smacking a hand to my forehead. “Follow me into the washroom.”

Her eyes widened in fear. “I’m sorry. I know I’m hot and irresistible and you don’t look half bad yourself but I’m really not a lesbian.”

This time, I had to refrain myself from smacking some sense into her head. “I’m not a lesbian too so if you would just follow me in there, I can explain everything,” I said as patiently as I could.

“Oh,” she muttered, her forehead creasing in thought.”Why can’t you just tell me here?”

I rolled my eyes. I couldn’t help it anymore. With one fluid movement, I stood up, caught hold of her slim wrist and dragged her to the washroom with me. Once we were inside, I checked every cubicle to make sure they were empty, that we were alone.

“Okay. Listen to me. I need-,” I said as I turned around to face Jessica and found her pressed against the wall furthest from me. “Oh, for goodness sake! I’m a guy!” I shouted at her as I went up to the mirror and undid the wig.

Jessica let out a breath. “Oh my goodness! Key! You really are a guy!”

My jaw dropped open. This girl was unbelievable.

She quickly held up her hands in a flustered manner. “I’m sorry! I already know you’re a guy! I just-.”

“It’s alright. Save your explanation. I don’t have much time,” I stopped her before she gave me an even bigger headache.

“Right,” She dropped her hands. “So. You need my help.”

“Yes, I do,” I said it like a question. How did she know why I was here for?

Jessica clucked her tongue as she evaluated my reaction. “I’m not as stupid as I looked. I do know a lot of things and the things I know, even you would be surprised.”

I folded my arms. “Really? Like what? What do you know that leave me speechless?”

She smirked as she copied me by folding her arms as well. “I know your past with every single one of them. I know how you were with Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun. I know how everything that was supposed to be perfect shattered into imperfect pieces and above all else, I know the very truth behind your memory loss.”

I stared at her dumbstruck. This blondie knows everything? How is that possible?

I pushed myself off the counter. "Spill everything you know."

 

 

 

Minho’s POV

 

I rang the bell once.

I rang the bell twice.

I held my breath for three seconds and then, rang it for the third time.

Five seconds passed me by and I was starting to get annoyed. He was doing this on purpose. I just knew it.

“Jonghyun, if you don’t open the door right now, you wouldn’t even know what hit you the next time you finally decide to open the door,” I spoke into the voice mail when he deliberately ignored my call.

I stared at the door (as if I was going to burn a hole right through it) for almost one minute before it clicked open to reveal a panting Jonghyun. It was a good thing he knew to rush here or I swear I was going to make him pay for making me wait so long.

“What do you want?” he whined as I walked past him into the living room.

“To set things right again,” I said simply.

Jonghyun made a face. “Speak Greek to me, Minho,” he said sarcastically.

I stared at him. “Για να ρυθμίσετε τα πράγματα δεξιά και πάλι.”

He rolled his eyes in disbelief that I was actually doing this. “Latin.”

I walked over to the couch and made myself comfortable, flipping through a magazine I picked up from the coffee table.  “Ut vero quae recta.”

“Japanese.”

I sighed. “再び右のものを設定するには.”

“Russian.”

A shake of my head. “Pentru a seta lucrurile din nou la dreapta.”

“Chinese.”

A roll of my eyes. “要设置正确的事情再次.”

He narrowed his eyes at me. “I really hate you, you know that?”

I flipped a page on the magazine. “You were the one who started it. Any more languages you have in mind?”

Jonghyun folded his arms and put on a childish pout on his face. “I was just testing you. But anyway, get to the point, Minho. How many times must I repeat that so it’ll stick in your head for good?”

“I was being straight to the point. You just don’t get it yet,” I spoke without looking up at him.

Jonghyun deflated his cheeks which were swollen with air from his childish act. He only behaves like this whenever I was around. “Then, make me get it, damn it! Stop acting all smart and mighty on me, will you? I don’t have time for this. Just get whatever you have to say over with. You’re driving me crazy!”

I glanced up at him. “I don’t have time for this?” I quoted and from the way he instantly looked away from me, I knew there was something he did that he knew I wouldn’t be happy about.

I initially played with him a little because he pissed me off by purposefully leaving me waiting so long just for him to get the door. I did not want to get down to business so quickly. I thought we could have a small chat and maybe one good laugh before I finally get to it but looks like I have accidentally stumbled onto another problem that he wouldn’t stop dumping on me.

“I mean, you’re always- you never get to the point- you would-,” he stammered incoherently while he tried very hard to make eye contact with me.

I put down the magazine and gave my full attention to him. “Jonghyun, you’re hiding something from me.”

He gave a nervous laugh. “Nothing. I didn’t do anything. Why makes you think I’m hiding something from you?”

I gave him my poker face as I saw through his sweaty face, fidgety feet and pursed lips. I gave the air around me a good sniff. There was no mistaking that smell.

“I smell Kimchi soup and ddukbukki. Mind telling me when you suddenly decided to change your cooks?”

Jonghyun gulped. He knows that we both knew his cooks are purely westernized. “Uh…just yesterday?”

I raised an eyebrow. “Really? And where did you find this talented cook anyway?”

“Uh…I stumbled across her in a café…”

I hid a smirk. Jonghyun was the worst when it comes to lying even if his life depended on it. “What a co-incidence. And I can’t believe you found yourself a female cook. I thought you said to me once that you never trust girls with food.”

A drop of sweat rolled down the side of his face. He was turning a steady shade of red.

I sighed. “Do you want me to check the security camera, instead?”

He said nothing.

I gave another sigh as I stood up.

“Okay! Okay! I’ll tell you!” he shouted.

I waited for three seconds but no words left his mouth. I took one step closer to the door.

“Key stayed the night!”

I turned away from the door and went back to the couch. “I know.”

Jonghyun’s jaw hung open. “How would you know that?”

I could smell Key’s cooking even from a mile away. He always had that unique taste to his dishes that no one else had. He was one of the best cook I have even known. But I wasn't going to tell Jonghyun that, was I? Well, at least not now. I have to get the whole explanation through first. However, luck must be on my side as I was saved by my ringing phone.

“Hello, this is Minho.”

“Choi Minho, I’m going to Jonghyun’s place now. I think Kibum hyung is there and I need to get him back.”

I glanced sideways at Jonghyun who was looking curiously at me. “I don’t think that’s wise of you.”

“He stole Kibum hyung away from me and now, I’m going to bring him back. It’s a simple thing that doesn’t need a wise man to figure it out,” Taemin’s voice was laced with rage.

“That’s the point. He went to him on his own accord. No one stole anybody. We don’t need a wise man to carry this argument.”

“I don’t care what you say. That’s not the point of me making this call. I only called you to tell you to stay the hell out of my way.”

I smirked into the phone. “Oh, I already know that. It’s kind of obvious from your tone of voice and your choice of words.”

I was greeted with a few seconds of silence. “You don’t intimidate me. Nothing you say will change my mind, I’m not afraid of you, Choi Minho.”

An amused chuckle escaped my lips. “We’ll see when you get here.”

“Who was that?” Jonghyun asked the moment I stuffed my phone away.

“A very interesting guest that is making his way over here.”

 

 

 

 

author's note

Omg! I finally updated within the week! hehe~

I'm so proud of myself but actually, this is just a special occasion because it's my birthday today! lol~

Anyway, enjoy this chapter and don't expect the next one to be so soon ;P

and as always, comments & criticisms are greatly appreciated! 

Oh, and which side of the truth do you want in the next chapter?

Key-Jessica? 

OR

Jonghyun-Minho-Taemin? 

I'll write according to the majority vote! ^.^