The Confrontation Part 1

Remember The Forgotten...

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

It was an all too familiar back.

My air passage squeezed in on itself. A gasp caught up in my throat. Jonghyun, you’ve been thinking too much! Your mind is making you see things. Wake up and wake up now! Get your out of your dreams and into reality.

I stepped backwards and returned into the previous corridor, shielding myself away from the shadow of Kibum’s back profile. Take deep breaths. Come back to reality. I can’t go on being so delusional. It will only hurt me that much more later on when the bubble bursts in my face.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

If I go back to the corridor and he is still there, then I will convince myself that this is reality and I was not dreaming. Come on, Jonghyun. Two more breaths. Take two more breaths and get back in the corridor. I can do this. Face the reality as it is. If he isn’t there, my heart will only crash to the floor for the god-knows-how-many-times. I can handle that. But if he is there, then…then…oh, hell. My head isn’t jammed. I will just have to react however my brain thinks of reacting at that time.

Inhale. Exhale.

Am I ready? Am I ready to face the reality? What in the world am I thinking? I will never be ready for this.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

I sidestepped into the corridor before I could hesitate any longer. My eyes took in the length of it to the very end. There was not a soul walking in front of me. I sighed as I got down to the floor, squatting there with my face in my palm. The hope in me that I could finally meet him crashed into a million pieces.

What was I thinking when I thought I could handle this?

I should have known that luck wouldn’t be so kind on me. Well, luck hasn’t been on my side at all when I think about it. I have such a pair of controlling freaks for parents. I may have been lied to by my very own best friend. I have lost the only man that can subdue me and I have been played countless times imagining that he was near and within reach…that I have found him.

What could I have possibly done in my previous life to be so beat up by karma in this one?

Seriously. Who am I kidding, though? I should have known that it couldn’t be Kibum that I saw. After all, I have just heard the craziest conversation in my life. I have just found out things about Kibum which I should have been the first to know but my friends who knew about it had decided to keep it quiet from me. Worse still, they might have lied to me about certain details when I wasn’t aware of it so now I don’t even know what is true and what is false. I just don’t know who to trust anymore. Wasn’t all these enough damage for one day? So how can I still bear to think that Kibum might be here, in this school that he knows by heart about my presence here? How can I hope that I might see him after all the mess that I have gone through in just less than fifteen minutes?

I am officially the stupidest guy alive.

I heard a door open and close but I didn’t bother to stand up and get into a less conspicuous position. I don’t have any more strength left to deal with anything right now. The world can toss and turn. The earthquake can shake me however hell it wants to. Wipe me off the face of this planet for all I care. The floor can open up right beneath my feet and send me straight to the underworld. All I wish for is a quick death to stop all these insanity…just so long as you let me see Kibum for one last time.

I’m not asking much, right?

Suddenly, I heard the sounds of somebody’s footsteps getting closer with each move. Through the gaps between my fingers, I could see a pair of long and lean legs walking in my direction and coming to a stop directly in front of me. I heaved one of the longest and most aggravated sigh ever. They never listen to what I want. I only get what I don’t want. And what is it that I hate most?

More truth that I know I can’t handle.

“Are you crying?” Minho’s amusedly teasing voice rang out above me.

I regretted saying that I needed to talk to him in person as soon as possible. I regretted running around like an idiot to search for him. Most of all, I regretted coming to school today.

 

 

Kibum’s POV

 

I breathed a sigh of relief once I was out of the school building. I have left Minho and his senseless words as well as his erratic behaviour behind me. I am now safe from whatever it is that he might have done if I had stayed any longer. But he was right about one thing, though. I touched my arms lightly where his embrace had been. They did feel familiar. In fact, they felt close to home.

I can’t believe I had walked straight into his traps when I had guarded myself against him. I thought I was the one in control of the situation. I was so sure I could have him tell me everything I had wanted to know but in the end, I only got one answer from him (which I am still doubting the truth of it) while he got in my head and made a mess there with his crazily unpredictable actions. I wonder when the one time Minho had lost to anybody was. Could he be telling the truth? What if he really was my boyfriend? What will I do? What can I do? Will I go back to him? Do I have a choice? It kind of looks like the only way I can unravel my past. Taemin hasn’t exactly been helpful in the truth department. If Minho really is my boyfriend like he said he is, then he will definitely hold a lot of my past in his hands. There will be so much he can tell me and I am confident that I can get him to spill the beans. I am the master of the art of flirting and persuasion. The only thing I am worried about is his ability to see through my every bluff. But he will know how much this means to me right? Minho wouldn’t lie to his boyfriend, right? Should I go in there and tell him that I believe him and I want to get back with him? Will I be able to keep a poker face when I say it?

I puffed air into my cheeks in frustration. How far will I have to go just to know a little something about me? I thought as I turned around once more and headed back into the less-than-inviting school. Could he still be in the toilet?

Well, I hope so.

 

 

 

author's note

another super short chapter!

but I guess the frequent update kinda make up for it   XD

and are you getting sick of the suspense?  :P

what do you think will happen next?

tell me what you want in the next chapter by commenting below and i might consider writing it based on your wish if i find it interesting and relevant!  ^^