S5C8: Danny's POV

Before The Sunset

Starting to get irritated, Danny checked his phone for what felt like the hundreth time. It was the last day of school before Christmas break and the school decided to throw a winter carnival to help fundraise for prom. He was supposed to go tonight with Brooke but she was later than usual. Standing in front of the ticket booth, he tried calling her cell but once again it went straight to voicemail. Danny sighed and looked at everyone having a good time. He could just go inside by himself, but that would be just as lame as not going at all.

"There you are!" Danny turned around to see Brooke approaching him. "I've been looking all over for you!" Danny glared at her.

"You've been looking for me?" He repeated, rolling his eyes. Brooke laughed and hooked her arm around his as they paid for their tickets.

"Yes, I have to tell you what happened at the nurse's office today," she said. "After you left, Sooyoung came in with cramps again."

"Why does she always do that?" Danny asked. "Can't she afford her own tampons?"

"Who knows, but that's not the best part," she replied. "All of a sudden, she just breaks down crying! Then she told me her life story and how her and Bang aren't the same anymore and she's scared he'll leave her." Danny nodded as she talked. It's true that he hadn't heard Bang mention Sooyoung in awhile. He looked up ahead and, as if thinking about him had summoned him, saw Bang walk around the corner with Sooyoung clinging to his arm. Bang saw him as well and smiled his usual gummy smile.

"Hey, you two," He greeted. Danny and Brooke waved at him, noticing how Sooyoung was staring at Brooke with wide eyes.

"You-you know her?" she asked. Bang raised his brow.

"Yeah," He said, turning to Brooke. "She's Danny's friend."

"Best friend," she corrected. Danny nudged her side. "Ow, what?!?" Bang laughed at the two.

"Do you guys want to go on some rides with us?" Bang asked. Sooyoung gasped and looked at him.

"What?" she cried. "I thought it was supposed to be just us!"

"Come on," Bang said, not really acknowledging her. "It'll be fun!" Danny and Brooke looked at each other. Yes, him and Bang were friends again, but with Sooyoung things might get awkward. Plus, the rides would be fun no matter who they went with. Danny looked into Bang's hopeful eyes and sighed.

"Ok," Danny said, smiling at his neighbor. He told Bang they could be friends again, so he should treat him like his friend. Brooke smiled.

"Let's get going then!" she said, leading the group to the bumper cars. Danny and Brooke paired together while Bang paired with Sooyoung. Danny assumed that it would be harmless fun, but he forgot how competitive Bang was...and how competitive Brooke was. Danny and Sooyoung had to deal with all the body jerking and whip lashing of the neck as the two were determined to be crowned the winner. Everyone else riding their own cars were casualties as the two finally crashed head on against each other. The guy in charge of the ride finally decided everyone had enough of the storm that was Brooke and Bang and stopped the ride. Danny rubbed the back of his neck as he walked out, watching as Bang and Brooke got in each other's face.

"I totally beat you!" Bang declared. Brooke scoffed.

"Please, I was wiping your all over the place!"

"You want to go round two?" Bang challenged.

"Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, track star?" Brooke countered. The two continued to glare at each other until Sooyoung ran up to the garbage can next to them and started vomitting. "That's gross," Brooke commented, snapping out of her competitive persona. Bang's scrunched up face proved he snapped out of it too.

"Where's the bathroom?" Sooyoung cried. Brooke shook her head and helped the girl stand up.

"Come on, I'll take you to the bathroom in the nurse's room," she said, leading the other girl away from the carnival as they headed back to the school. Danny watched them until he felt a tug on his arm. He looked up at Bang, who was dragging him back to the rides.

"Where are we going?" Danny asked, laughing as he struggled to break free from the other boy's grip. 

"The ferris wheel!" Bang said, excitement in his voice. The was hardly a line and the two boys easily got on one of the carts. They looked at each other and randomly starting laughing as the wheel slowly starting rising up. "I'm glad we're friends again, Danny," Bang told him. Danny looked at him realizing their bodies weren't that far apart in the small cart.

"Me too," Danny said. The cart reached the top and stopped, letting the boys gaze at the whole neghborhood illuminated by the night sky. A gust of wind brushed through and Danny instinctively scooted closer to the other boy, who seemed to always be warm.

"So..." Bang said, resting his arm behind Danny's body. "About this crush you used to have on me-"

"What?" Danny asked, snapping up as he felt his cheeks get red. "We are not talking about this." Bang started laughing.

"I just want to know what you liked about me," Bang told him. Danny laughed with him and shook his head.

"Nope," He told him. Bang pouted his lips and rested his head on Danny's shoulders. Danny couldn't help but feel warm as the other boy stared at him with puppy dog eyes. He sighed as he looked away and shrugged his shoulders. "I guess I just liked how you always made me laugh."

"Really?" Bang asked, sitting up. "But anyone can make you laugh. What else?"

"Well," Danny said, thinking about it. "The main thing was the way you looked at me. It was as if you saved that look only for me to see." Danny didn't mention how it was also the look Bang gave him when they kissed, mainly because he didn't know how he felt about the boy. Truth be told one of the best things Danny loved about Daehyun was the way the boy looked at him as well.

"Hey!" They both turned their heads to Brooke's voice calling them. Neither noticed that their cart had already made it's way down to the bottom. Sooyoung was drinking a soda through a straw and Brooke was eating cotton candy. "I got you two pretzels!" They laughed as they walked out of the cart. When Danny took the pretzel from Brooke's hand, he noticed she was looking at him funny.

"What?" He asked.

"You know what," she replied. "I saw you two at the top of the ferris wheel."

"Shut up," Danny said, trying to walk away from her.

"I'm just saying," she said, moving closer to whisper the next part in his ear. "Maybe it's not too late for little Danny to lose his v-card before he graduates."