S3C3: Danny's POV

Before The Sunset

"Oh no," Danny whispered as the other team crossed the finish line seconds before Bang. Knowing Bang for all these years, he wasn't surprised when he started a commotion with his own teammate.

"That temper of his is holding him back," Bang's mom complained. "He's not going to see how great of a job he did, he's just going to remember that he lost." She shook her head and grabbed her purse. "I have to go get dinner ready, tell your mother I said hi, Danny."

"I will," Danny replied, waving goodbye to her as she walked down the stands. Brooke was sipping on a soda she bought earlier.

"Well there goes the school's chance at winning districts," she mumbled. They watched as Bang left to field, still angry at his loss.

"That boy is so y when he's mad!" Brooke and Danny looked at each other, then looked behind them to see that the comment came from Sooyoung. Danny looked back at Bang. Was she crazy? Why would anyone WANT to see Bang mad? Danny rubbed his jaw at the memory of Bang's fist punching it.

"Well I'm off, I have a paper due on Monday," Brooke said. Danny hugged her goodbye and then pulled out his phone to call his mom.

"Hello?" His mom asked as she answered the phone.

"Hey, mom. It's Danny," He said.

"Oh hey, sweetie. Listen I can't come get you tonight, the hospital's pretty busy today."

"Oh...ok." Danny knew what this meant. He'd have to ask Bang for a ride home...after he just flipped out on the field. Danny said goodbye to his mom and hung up the phone. With a heavy sigh Danny headed to the boy's locker room to find Bang. It was times likes these that Danny wished he knew how to drive. His dad was going to teach him over the summer, but after he got the job to illustrate a new comic, he go extremely busy. Bang's parents bought him a car after he became the top of their class, a fact that still bothered Danny to this day. Bang promised to teach him but he gets really tired after his practices every day so Danny doesn't bother him about it. Danny waited at the doors of the locker room when Bang finally walked out. His hair was wet from getting out of the shower and he was wearing a black wife beater with a pair of blue basketball shorts. Bang eyed him.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. Here we go, Danny thought.

"I need a ride home," Danny said. Bang rolled his eyes and kept walking.

"Isn't that what you have parents for?" He asked.

"My moms stuck in the hospital with the only car we have," Danny explained. He started following Bang out of the hallway and into the parking lot. Although it seemed like Bang didn't want to take him, he still unlocked the passenger seat to his car and let Danny get in.

"You know, I've been doing a lot of favors for you lately."

"Not true," Danny said. "If I remember correctly, I'm the one who wrapped that shoulder of yours earlier."

"That's your job as the nurse's assistant!" Bang pointed out. He smirked as he started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. He kept his eyes on the road, but Danny could tell his attention was on him.

"It is a favor, I could've let Brooke wrap your shoulder," Danny said matter-of-factly. Bang stopped at a red light.

"Your right," he admitted. "Thank you."

"Mhmm, that's what I thought," Danny said, feeling victorious. Bang laughed and continued to drive.

"You want to go for a jog later?" Bang asked.

"No!" Danny yelled, appalled.

"What?!?" Bang asked, confused.

"Every time you lose at something you immediately want to do something with me that you know you're better at. No! I will not be your little relief!"

"Are you serious?"

"Yup!" Danny said, watching another car speed past them. It was Sooyoung, but she didn't see them through Bang's tinted windows.

"Doesn't she go to our school?" Bang asked.

"Shouldn't you know her?"

"That's racist!"

"No, I'm just saying because she constantly talks about how good looking you are," Danny said, defending himself.

"So now I'm a player?" Bang asked, acting offended. Danny looked at him.

"You know Yuri is going around saying some things about you," Danny revealed. All laughter left Bang's face and he fixed his eyes on the road again.

"I don't know what your talking about," Bang said. Danny started laughing and Bang smiled again. "Ok, well what about you Casanova?" It was Danny's turn to lose the laughter on his face.

"What do you mean?" Danny asked. He never came out to Bang, he just hoped Bang realized it.

"Have you and Brooke smashed yet or what?" Bang asked. Danny wanted to leap out of the car.

"Me and Brooke are just friends," Danny mumbled.

"Ah, she friend zoned you?" Bang asked. Danny took a deep breath, this was it.

"No...I'm gay." Danny kept staring at the road in front of him, but he felt Bang's body stiffen in front of him.

"What?" Bang asked, but not like how he was before. Danny felt as if he just confessed to murder.

"I'm gay, Bang," Danny repeated.

"Danny, you can't be gay."

"Why not?"

"Because...it's disgusting," Bang told him. Danny looked at him for the first time.

"Excuse me?" Danny gasped. He stared into Bang's eyes, noticing how they belonged to a stranger who looked back at him.

"How can you find guys attractive?"

"You tell me," Danny mumbled. Right after the words escaped his lips Bang slammed on the brakes, causing Danny to jerk forward. He glanced out his window and noticed they were in front of both their houses.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Bang demanded. Danny, now angry himself, turned to him.

"You kissed me! Remember?" Danny reminded. Bang's fists tightened against the wheel.

"Get the out of my car," Bang said, his voice so light Danny almost didn't hear him. Danny didn't want this, he didn't want to lose Bang as a friend.

"Are you serious?"

"Now!" Bang roared. Danny jumped out of Bang's car and walked into his own house. He went straight to his room, his dad too busy to notice his arrival. Danny didn't know what to do, he felt like his heart had shattered into a million pieces. It didn't matter if he had feelings for Bang, if he couldn't accept who he was, Danny didn't want anything to do with him. Danny's window shined bright as the sun's late afternoon rays were finally going to rest on the earth's surface. Danny walked over to close the blinds, noticing Bang entering his room and collapsing on his bed. After he closed the blinds, Danny looked away from the window.