Why her?

Maknae Love

 

--------------------

 

" DAMN IT!" Sungjong yelled after school, throwing his pillow across his room. He laid down on his bed in frustration. "Why her? Why Lee Hyorin?" He sighed and pouted. Yes, he was mad at himself.

And you're probably wondering, why her?

Out of all girls at KS High, he fell in love with the most nerdiest girl out there.

Why her?

Because he knew she was the right one. He just knew. When he looked into her eyes at school, his heart fell straight into them. His heart started skipping beats wildly. He never felt a feeling so strong.

And he knew what the feeling was.

It was love.

Sungjong stared at his teddy bear and frowned. What would the hyungs think? he thought to himself. Would the hyungs laugh at me? Would they kick me out of Infinite? Suddenly, a wide smile spread out on Sungjong's lips. I could get kicked out of Infinite! Finally, I would be a normal person. No more screaming fangirls. No more 'SUNGJONG OPPA!'s. No more group. No more worries.

Sungjong smiled and clapped his hands childishly. You would think that a popular kingka like Sungjong would love everything they had at school: The attention. The fangirls. The cards, flowers, and gifts. The truth was, he hated it all.

Sungjong made a face at all his gifts that were piled up in the corner of his room. If a girl ever asked him to be her boyfriend, he never said yes. He always said, 'No, sorry. I'm not interested,' and walked away. In fact, he never even had a girlfriend before.

But he would accept to be Lee Hyorin's boyfriend.

Sungjong pouted. Why her?

Just because. Why her?

Because. Why her?

Because you can''t control the power of love. You really can't.

 

-------------------

 

I woke up with messy hair that evening. I groaned. I had falled asleep on the couch yesterday, so my hair looked like a lion. I groggily stood up and went to the bathroom to brush out the knots in my hair.

Later, I opened the school's blue doors to quietness. I sighed happily. No kingkas or queenkas.

I walked over to my locker and grabbed the books I needed for the day. "KYA! WOOHYUN OPPA!" I froze.

Quickly, I shut my locker door and walked as fast as I could to avoid Sungjong. He had been acting weird ever since he held my wrist.

Flashback

"What do you want, Lee Sungjong?" I asked, a tiny bit scared.

"I...when you...your books..." Sungjong stuttered. He shook his head then scratched it cutely.

WAIT.

Did I just say he was cute? No Lee Hyorin! You can't fall for someone like Sungjong!

I cleared my throat. "Lee Sungjong, do you have anything to say? Class is about to start."

"I, uh, you can't...Sunggyu and Infinite, uh, your books...why did..." He scratched his head again. "Aish, nevermind. I, uh, need to g-go." He stuttered when he finished his sentence. He walked away shyly. I blinked in confusion, then walked away to my own desk. I heard Dongwoo laughing like a crazy dude behind me. I rolled my eyes.

Sooeun shot a glare at me. I sighed. Should I really stop my eyerolling? .....

No, I like my eyerolling.

Flashback Ends

I heard yells behind me. "SuJi noona! I brought you flowers!" I my heel sharply to meet SuHwa, but then saw Infinite coming my way. CRAP!

My cheeks reddened and I roughly walked passed them, accidentally bumping into Sungjong's arm.

"LEE HYORIN!" Oh gosh, here comes Sooeun. I tried to ignore her, but her damn mouth wouldn't shut up. "How DARE you BUMP into SUNGJONG OPPA!" She emphasized her words again. I was about to roll my eyes, but I stopped midway. I turned around to look at Sooeun.

"Lee Sooeun," Sungjong's light voice said.

"Ne?" Sooeun said in a girly way, flipping her hair to the side.

"I'm absolutely fine. But are you?" He asked. Sooeun tilted her head, obviously confused. "Hyorin just bumped into me. It doesn't matter." Sungyeol raised his eyebrow, confused that Sungjong wasn't mad.

"Oh, I know that Sungjong oppa." Sooeun smiled fakely. Gosh, I wanted to vomit at the spot.

"Hyorin!" I smiled. I definitely knew that voice. I spun around and grinned.

"Annyeong SuHwa!" I said. I passed all the fanboys who were crowding around Perfection and eventually I got to SuHwa. We walked to class with a small chatter.

When we entered the class, a surprise awaited me.

"Good morning, class." Mr. Kim said, sitting down peacefully behind his desk. "You have new seats." I stiffened. Oh gosh, please don't be in the front, please!

"First row," Mr. Kim said. "Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo, Kwon Yuri, Kim Taeyeon, Lee Gikwang, and Choi Sooyoung."

I continued to wait. There were five rows in the class, and Mr. Kim had already said Row 1, 2, and 3. So at least I'll be in the back.

"Fourth row," Mr. Kim continued. "Kim Hyoyeon, Shin SuHwa, Yong Junhyung, Lee Sooeun," Oh please, please no. PLEASE! I thought inwardly to myself. If I sat next to Sooeun, I would be dead for sure. "Lee Hyorin, and Lee Sungjong." My heart sank. I was next to the very two people I really disliked, and also the ones I always try to avoid.

While Mr. Kim said the Fifth row, Sungjong looked at me and winked and I rolled my eyes. Sooeun elbowed me in the stomach. Hard.

I bit my lip, trying not to cry out in pain. "Lee Charin, Park Bom, Kim Jonghy - "

"Mr. Kim," Sungjong interrupted. Mr. Kim looked up from his paper, annoyed.

"Ne, Sungjong?"

"Lee Sooeun just hit Lee Hyorin in the stomach. I don't think that is allowed in school, is it?" Sungjong smiled at me, but then frowned at Sooeun. My jaw dropped. I was completely shocked.

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SUNGJONG GIVE ME SO MUCH ATTENTION?!?!?!?!

Politely, I tried to calmly raise my hand. "Lee Sungjong," I said. "It's okay..."

Mr. Kim was already glaring at Sooeun. "Lee Sooeun, would you like to step out into the hall please? After I finish saying the fifth row, I'll go have a talk with you."

"But - " Sooeun was interrupted by Mr. Kim's hard, cold stare. She pouted, crossed her arms, then walked out the classroom door, a string of swear words muttering out of .

"Now, as I was saying. Fifth row: Lee Charin, Park Bom, Kim Jonghyun, Lee Taemin, and Oh Sehun. Sit at your new seats, and you may socialize for a few minutes. I'll be out in the hall with Lee Sooeun if you need me.

Socialize? Ha, as if I would ever do that. I sat at my new seat and got out one of my books, trying to concentrate on reading. But in the corner of my eyes, I could see Sungjong staring at me intently.

I looked up. "Lee Sungjong, is there a thing you need?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Why do you always call me by my full name?"

I shrugged and looked back to my book. Sungjong made a face at me. "Fine then. I'll call you Lee Hyorin."

I continued reading, as if I didn't hear a single thing he said. He sighed and looked away, getting out a book of his own. My bangs fell in front of my face, so using the back of my hand, I brushed it to the side.

A movement triggered on my right. Sungjong had brushed his bangs to the left like me, too. I coughed and smoothed my shirt.

He did the same.

"Yah, Lee Sungjong, what's with the copying?" I said without looking up from my book. He turned his head toward me with a surprised look. Sungjong smirked.

"Because I can." He said. I rolled my eyes, still not tearing my sight from the pages.

Sooeun and Mr. Kim came back into the room. Sooeun's eyes were red. Serves her right, I thought to myself.

She sat down next to me and crossed her arms. She huffed out a sigh, flipped her hair towards my face, and crossed her arms again. I laughed to myself.

Sooeun shot a glare at me and took out her notebook. I went back to concentrating on my book.

"Okay class," Mr. Kim said. "Sorry for the interruption. Now take out your books..." I was distracted by a glittery notebook. Sooeun had put it on my desk. There was a note written on the notebook with colorful pen.

LS : If you think you can get away with him, your wrong.

LH: Um, with who? And what's with the pink pen?

LS: Gosh Hyorin, are you against pink pens? This is my very, VERY favorite and best pen. Anyways, I think you know who I'm talking about. And if not, you have a messed up mind.

LH: Says the one who already has a messed up mind.

LS: So you do know who I'm talking  about, right? Aish, that pen. It doesn't work right. This one's better. And by the way, I said: So you do know who I'm talking about, right?

LH: Nope. I got no idea. And I think that your 'very, VERY favorite and best pen' AKA your pink one, is not that great of a pen.

LS: Shut up! Anyways, I'm talking about Sungjong.

LH: Oh. So...get away with what?

LS: UGH. GOSH LEE HYORIN!

LH: Your fault for not telling me. Don't blame me. Anyways, stopping passing notes. It's rude to do that in class.

LS: Pfft. Your so antisocial, Lee Hyorin.

LH: Fine. Maybe I am.

 

[Annyeong! Thanks for reading. Wow, I'm getting subscribers quickly. Please comment below to tell me what you think  about the story! Gamsamnida! :) ]