That Voice

Maknae Love

 

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a black pencil skirt with a white cardigan. I hated my outfit - it was so different from who I really was.

But SuHwa disagreed.

"Aigoo!" She said, straightening my cardigan. "You look so pretty! You should wear this type of style everyday..."

"Aniyooo!" I whined in disappointment.

SuHwa giggled. She was still in her pajamas - she slept over last night for us to do her makeover today.

"Arasso, my turn!" SuHwa grinned and brought out a ton of clothes from her bag.

"How do you fit so much clothes in there?" I asked in wonder. Lots of clothes were already piling on my bed.

Ding, dong!

The doorbell rang. SuHwa and I were confused. We snuck to the top of the stairs, listening closely.

"Ah, it's been a long time, hasn't it?" I heard umma say.

"Ne, it has."

That voice.

SuHwa and I looked at each other, our minds racing with the same idea. We crossed our fingers. Please, don't let this be a dream.

"Where is she?" Appa asked.

"She's in the car, still trying to decide how to act around the girls." The voice said. I was almost positive about this person. But SuHwa and I weren't going to believe a single thing until we see her and her daughter ourselves. "She says she's excited, but scared they won't forgive her about her acts four years ago."

SuHwa and I looked at each other. We knew that it was time to reveal ourselves.

"KYAAAAA! OMO! OMO! OMO!" We said the whole time as we dashed down the stairs. When we saw Ms. Jang downstairs SuHwa and I started bursting into happy tears.

She was back. She was finally back, after four years, she was back. And she was forgiving us.

"MS. JANG!!!" We screamed and threw our arms around her. Umma, appa, and Ms. Jang were surprised.

"Next time, don't ring the doorbell. They can hear it," Umma said jokingly. We laughed. "And hey," umma said, pointing at me. "remember when I said I was going to call everyone on your contacts list? Jooyeon was on that contact list, so that's why."

SuHwa and I looked at each other and grinned.

Ms. Jang smiled. "I'm happy to see you two again. Are you two doing well?" We nodded eagerly. "Happy birthday, Hyorin. Jooyeon's in the car - " We didn't let her finish her sentence. We sprinted out of the house, SuHwa still in her pajamas and me still in my small skirt. We saw a black shadow in the car. The figure stopped moving. The front door opened slowly.

Mr. Jang came out and wrapped us in hugs. We cried more. "OMO SUHWA! THEY'RE BACK!" I yelled. The neighbors probably thought we were insane, with one girl having messed up hair in a weird skirt and another girl still in her pink-purple heart pajamas, crying outside their house and hugging someone they haven't seen in a long time.

"Annyeonghas - " Our sentence was cut off when the back door opened slowly, a familiar blue sneaker touching the concrete.

Flashback

Jooyeon looked up from the dinner table, raising an eyebrow at her umma. She was talking on the phone for quite a while. When Jooyeon's umma said goodbye, she turned and smiled brightly at Jooyeon.

"Jooyeon-ah," her umma said softly. "If you could transfer schools...and if you were invited to Hyorin's birthday party..."

"OMO UMMA! HYORIN INVITED ME TO HER BIRTHDAY PARTY?!?!?!?" Jooyeon screamed in delight. 

"Ne," Ms. Jang said, smiling sweetly.

"OMO! But...they forgave me?" Jooyeon asked quietly.

"Ne, they did." Ms. Jang said, brushing Jooyeon's bangs out of her eyes.

"Omo, omo, omo. And...I'm transferring schools to KS High?" Jooyeon asked excitedly, a sparkle in her eye.

"Ne," Ms. Jang paused for a moment. "And I think your friends of yours would like to create a queenka group with you." Ms. Jang winked at her daughter and kissed her forehead. Jooyeon's jaw dropped slightly.

THEY WANT TO WHAT?

"Well," Ms. Jang sighed happily and look up at the ticking clock. "It's already seven thirty, you need to shower now." Ms. Jang got up from her chair and went to her room, telling her husband about the news. Ms. Jang poked her head back out of the door. "Oh, Jooyeon-ah, be in bed by ten twenty, I have a feeling you won't be able to fall asleep tonight." Ms. Jang closed her door, continuing to tell her husband the news.

A new queenka group, huh?

Jooyeon kept thinking about that same sentence over and over again in her head. A queenka group name suddenly popped into her head.

Jang Jooyeon grinned. She was going to have her best friends back - and they were going to create a queenka group.

Flashback Ends

SuHwa, Jooyeon, and I stared at each other for a long moment, our mouths wide open and our eyes gleaming. SuHwa broke the silence.

"JOOYEON!" She screamed, running over to her. A second later, I sprinted along with SuHwa.

"JOOYEON! YOU'RE BACK!" I screamed.

"SuHwa? Hyorin?" Jooyeon asked, hugging us back. "Is it really you guys?"

"NE!" SuHwa and I shouted in unison. We laughed and hugged Jooyeon again.

"OMO!" Jooyeon screamed. "KYA! THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!" She let go of our hugs. "Do you guys forgive me...?"

"Ne!" SuHwa and I exclaimed, hugging Jooyeon once again.

Ms. Jang, umma, and appa poked their heads out of the house. They grinned. "Annyeonghaseyo, Chunhyun," Appa said to Mr. Jang. Umma bowed a bit to Mr. Jang.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Chunhyun. It's nice to see you and PanEul again." Umma broke into a happy smile.

"Happy birthday, Hyorin. Arasso, Jooyeon, SuHwa, and Hyorin, I think it's time for you three to stop hugging." We froze, then reluctantly let go, laughing at our foolish acts.

"Arasso, appa." Jooyeon said.

"Why don't you three go upstairs to Hyorin's room? I believe that..." Umma urged me to continue to her sentence.

"We want to have a queenka group..." SuHwa and I said excitedly.

"Good, because I have a name for it." Jooyeon grinned. We sprinted up to my room as we continued to blab about everything.

"Okay, so lets just start with the queenka group part," Jooyeon suggested. We nodded our heads.

"So, what's the queenka name you thought of?" I asked eagerly.

"2Perfected, like too perfected, get it?" Jooyeon said.

That was the best idea SuHwa and I had evered heard of.

"Omo! That's an awesome idea!" SuHwa said. I nodded in agreement.

"So, just us three, right?" SuHwa said.

"Ne," Jooyeon said. She examined our clothes, including hers. "Well...we should start by changing our style...do you agree?" Jooyeon didn't mention who she was directing the question to, but I knew she was asking me.

I paused. "...ne..."

"FINALLY SHE ADMITS IT!" SuHwa put her fist in the air. "Daebak!"

"So...who's makeover should we do first? Because, I can tell that SuHwa has brought so many outfits..." Jooyeon asked.

"Uh, birthday girl first, right?" SuHwa said, pointing at me.

"Oh, ne. Happy birthday, by the way." Jooyeon said. I laughed.

"Gamsamnida, Jooyeon." I said.

"Okay... let's start with your hair. Go wash it first, and take a shower while you're at it. SuHwa and I will start planning outfits for you." Jooyeon said. SuHwa giggled.

I sighed and reluctantly closed my bathroom door to take a shower.

Once I was done, I wrapped my blue towel around myself, opening the door to peek outside. Jooyeon and SuHwa turned to look at me. "You shower quick," Jooyeon said, giggling. "Anyways, here's Outfit A. Go back to the bathroom and change into it."

I observed the outfit. It was a black dress with a pink sash, along with a gray cardigan. I slipped into the dress quickly. I buttoned my cardigan from top to bottom, then stepped outside.

SuHwa scanned me up and down. "Aniyo, it's too dark. It has a sad, gloomy effect to it." Jooyeon nodded in agreement.

"Okay, Outfit B. Try that one," Jooyeon said, pointing to a floral dress.

I dressed into it quickly and stepped outside again. "Aniyo, that looks horrible on you. No offense, but the floral and you, that's an absolute no." Jooyeon said.

"I agree," SuHwa said. "Anyways, try Outfit C."

"How many outfits do you have? The whole alphabet?" I asked.

"Haha, no, we have outfits all the way up to twice the alphabet. I mean, you need to look good, right? Especially because of Sungjong," SuHwa giggled.

"Who's Sungjong?" Jooyeon asked.

"A kingka," I explained. I went inside the bathroom and slipped on Outfit C.

"Ooh, I like this one," SuHwa said. Jooyeon agreed. I continued to try more and more outfits, until I had tried all of them. The three outfits SuHwa and Jooyeon really liked were Outfit C, Outfit H, and Outfit Q.

"Okay, so Outfit C is a bit...well, short and uncomfortable," I said. "Outfit H is cute but plain, so I like that one, but you guys keep saying you like the sparkly red one, Outfit Q. It's itchy!"

"Arasso! I like Outfit H, then." Jooyeon said. SuHwa nodded in agreement. "Don't forget your accessories that go with Outfit H!" SuHwa handed me a pair of earrings and a necklace, along with a simple bracelet.

"Gamsamnida," I said, clasping everything on. "You guys aren't making me put on makeup, are you?" Jooyeon and SuHwa looked at each other, grinning. I whined. "You are?"

"Fine, we'll just put a little. You're becoming a queenka, remember? You're going to charm Sungjong and Taemin, so that they're head over heels for you!" SuHwa said, giggling.

I made a face. "I don't even like them, SuHwa!" I exclaimed.

SuHwa giggled and sat me on a chair. "Jooyeon will do the makeup, I'll judge it."

Jooyeon sat up from my bed and looked at my book-stacked desk. "The makeup...?"

"Oh, here," SuHwa said, emptying out her bag to find many makeup sets.

"Gamsamnida," Jooyeon said, applying a pat of blush on my cheeks. I whined. Jooyeon chuckled, grabbing an eyeshadow kit. "Close your eyes," she said. I followed her directions. I felt some mascara brushing my eyelashes, and some eyeshadow on my eyelids. "Okay, now open them." I did exactly what Jooyeon said.

"Looks good so far," SuHwa said, giving a thumbs up to Jooyeon.

"Pout your lips," Jooyeon said. I only whined as I saw glimpse of myself in the mirror. I decided to listen to Jooyeon, so I pouted my lips. She applied a thin layer of lipgloss. "Smack your lips," Jooyeon said, and I followed. "There, your done." I looked at myself in the mirror, frightened at my reflection. I looked so much different.

"Omo! You look so different! So much prettier than before!" SuHwa exclaimed. I glared at her jokingly. We laughed.

"My turn!!!" SuHwa said excitedly. "I mean, I'm still in my pajamas. I'll go wash my hair..." SuHwa entered my bathroom, closing and locking the door behind her.

We continued helping each other do their clothes hair, and makeup, until all of us had done a makeover. In the end, I wore Outfit H, SuHwa wore Outfit Q, and Jooyeon wore Outfit C.

I turned my head toward my clock. It was already 1:00. "One more hour until the party starts," I said excitedly.

"Technically, it already started, since Jooyeon is here." SuHwa pointed out. I giggled.

We went downstairs to help umma and appa set up the streamers and balloons. Jooyeon put her hand in front of SuHwa and I. "I promise that I will never leave 2Perfected," she said.

"I promise that I will never leave 2Perfected," SuHwa and I said, puting our hands on top of Jooyeon's. We grinned.

Ding, dong!

We whipped our heads toward the door. Umma opened the door.

Sungjong and the rest of Infinite was behind the door, smiling and holding their presents.

Jooyeon froze next to me.

"Oppa?"

 

[Hope you readers like the chapter! Please subscribe, comment, and...upvote? It's your choice! :D I would gladly appreciate it. Gamsamnida! ~kpopgurl125~]