Sungjong's House

Maknae Love

 

After exiting Mr. Jung's class, I grabbed my purple lunch box from my locker and headed toward the cafeteria.

Taemin appeared beside me, smiling. "Annyeong."

"Annyeong," I said shyly. 

I heard the clicking of shoes and turned around to see SuHwa. "Hey, mianhae but EXO-K invited me to their table...Sehun did actually. So I can't sit with you and SHINee at lunch. Mianhae."

I grinned. I hope she had a good time with Sehun...I felt jealous for some reason, but I tried not to show it. "Aniyo, it's alright."

"Oh, and Jooyeon said she's sitting with Woohyun, so she'll be at Infinite's table. She says she's sorry," SuHwa said.

I nodded. "Tell her she doesn't need to apologize."

"Arasso," SuHwa said, waving a quick goodbye as we reached the cafeteria and seperated. 

Taemin led me to SHINee's table. Onew was already there, munching on his chicken, along with Jonghyun. Onew looked up at me and gave a sweet smile. "Annyeong, Hyorin."

"Annyeong," I said quietly, taking a seat inbetween Taemin and Onew. "Where's Key and Minho?"

"Minho said that he would be late to lunch because he had to stay in Mr. Choi's class to talk to him about something," Taemin said. "But I don't know where is Key."

"Awww, where's Keeey?" Jonghyun asked, whining like a little kid. Onew chuckled.

"Yah, Jonghyun, stop crying over Key." Onew joked. They bursted into laughter.

I smiled and opened my lunch box, checking the contents inside. There was rice wrapped up in seaweed, with shrimp on top. I ate the first sushi roll slowly, when I noticed the smell of Onew's chicken. I turned to him and pouted. "Onew, can I have some of your chicken?"

"Aniyo, it's too good! Mianhae!" Onew said, chuckling and continuing to eat the crispy chicken in delight.

"I'll trade you! One roll of sushi for one piece of chicken." I said. Onew hesitated, glancing at the perfectly made sushi.

"Ne," he said. We fed each other and giggled. Taemin looked jealous beside me, and I took note of that. I was hoping he had some interest in me, just a little! The way he looked at me looked caring, and I loved it that way.

I bit my lip and looked at Taemin. He smiled weakly and continued to eat his lunch. The atmosphere became awkward until Key and Minho came.

"Annyeong~!" Key said, taking a seat next to Jonghyun happily. Jonghyun grinned at the sight of Key.

"Yay~! Key's here!" Jonghyun said. Taemin rolled his eyes and continued eating, but looked up to see the tall Minho sitting next to him.

"Annyeong, Minho. Why so late?" Taemin asked.

Minho shrugged. "I just needed help on an assignment so I stayed in a bit late in Mr. Choi's classroom."

"A bit late?" Taemin chuckled. "You're really late!"

"Whatever," Minho said. "So, who's this girlfriend of yours?"

Taemin fell quiet. "She's not my girlfriend,"

"Oh...it just looks like it. Mianhae." Minho said awkwardly. I finished my lunch quickly and left the cafeteria after saying a goodbye to Taemin and SHINee.

Later, after school, Sungjong had texted me to meet up with him at the back of the school. I went around the corner of the building, and Sungjong was already there.

"Annyeong," I said.

"Annyeong. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out at my house with Infinite and 2Perfected today," Sungjong said.

I blinked. Was this really happening? Wait, why are you so excited Lee Hyorin? He's just a friend...unlike Taemin. Taemin is a friend you love. But Sungjong...you don't love him...right? He gave you attention anyways...why should you love him?

"Ne, I'll call umma. 2Perfected should just be around the corner by SuJi's car," I said. Sungjong nodded and went to look for 2Perfected while I called umma.

"Annyeong, umma," I said. "Can I go to Sungjong's house with the rest of Infinite and 2Perfected?"

"Ne," Umma said.

"Can I stay for dinner?" I asked.

"Ne, just come home before eight thirty, arasso?"

"Arasso. Gamsamnida, umma!" I ended the phone call and looked up to see Sungjong with Infinite and 2Perfected following behind him.

"Ready?" Sungjong asked. I nodded and we walked all the way to Sungjong's house in a group. At first it was a bit quiet between the two groups, but Woohyun and Jooyeon started talking, then SuHwa started talking a lot to L, and the rest of Infinite and 2Perfected started talking. It was just Sungjong and I who were quiet.

"So..." Sungjong cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Is Sangmi going to be there?" I asked.

"Ne, she says she's excited to meet you." Sungjong smiled.

"Oh, chincha?" I giggled.

We slowly began to reach Sungjong's house. It was painted a darkish yellow with a deep red door. Sungjong unlocked the door and led us inside. "Umma, we're here~." Sungjong sang happily to the kitchen.

"Ah, anyeonghaseyo, call me Ms. Lee. Well, I'm off to the art mueseum with your appa. Take care of Sangmi, arasso?" 

"Arasso, umma." Sungjong said.

"Sangmi's dinner is in the fridge - you all can order pizza or whatever you feel like eating. Sangmi's friends Haeyun and Rijin will we here around five. We'll be back at eight." Ms. and Mr. Lee stepped out the door. A little girl in a gray shirt and dark jeans came down the stairs, her hair tied in pigtails. She was absolutely adorable.

"Annyeonghaseyo~!" She said, sounding like her brother.

"Annyeong," we all said, waving at the little girl.

Sangmi smiled shyly and looked at the clock. "It's already three o' clock. So excited for Haeyun and Rijin!" Sangmi grinned and went to a nearby wooden table, taking out her homework from her red backpack. She swung her feet as she moved her pencil across the page neatly.

"Woah, looks like your sister's a genius," Dongwoo said. I laughed and agreed.

"Um, gamsamnida?" Sungjong said awkwardly. He chuckled. I took a moment to look at the house. There were two colors in the house - mocha and  a tan creamy color. There was a white couch and some wooden tables with high chairs..

"So, are the only colors in your house brown and yellow?" I asked.

"Aniyo, my room is upstairs, I'll show you." Sungjong led all of us except for Woohyun and Jooyeon, who were watching Sangmi, up the stairs. "This is my room," Sungjong said, pointing to a green door. There were blue walls and a neat bed with a cloud rug in the center of the room. He continued to walk down the smooth hallway. "This one is Sangmi's room," he pointed at a orange door. We peeked inside. The walls were painted light purple, and there was a wooden bed with drawers underneath. There was a clean white desk with a couple binders and pencils on the surface. Sangmi's room had a cute pink heart rug right at the front of the door. I smiled. Sungjong and Sangmi seemed to get along well. [A/N: Sungjong doesn't have a sister name Sangmi, I made up the name.]

"This is my parents room," he said, pointing at a white door that was closed shut. "Bathroom is there if you need it, there's also one downstairs..."

"Haha, what are you, a tourist?" Sungyeol joked. We laughed.

Sungjong reddened. "Well...yeah you guys can like, pretty much do whatever you want as long as it's not messy or too loud..." Dongwoo and Hoya gave a quick glance at each other and grinned.

"RAP BATTLE!" They exclaimed.

I blinked. They were already gone down the stairs, rapping skillfully. Woohyun and Jooyeon stayed downstairs with Sangmi, and L started taking selcas of himself. Sunggyu shook his head in a disapproving way.

"L, just go marry yourself already," Sunggyu muttered as he disappeared downstairs. SuHwa and Sungyeol followed Sunggyu downstairs, and now it was just Sungjong and I...

And L.

"Yah, L hyung go downstairs what are you doing!?!?" Sungjong said.

"Taking selcas and giving them to fangirls. Hey, they'd like it wouldn't they? Just saying," L continued to take selcas of himself as he slowly walked down the stairs, tripping along the way. I burst into laughter and L shot a glare at me. I rolled my eyes.

Sungjong and I stood there for an awkward second, then I started a conversation.

"Do you cook?" I asked.

"Hmm...aniyo, not much." He said.

"So how are you going to make Sangmi's dinner?" I asked.

Sungjong shrugged. "I usually just microwave it or something. Other times I don't know what to do so I just...order something else for her without my parents knowing."

"Uhh, okay? Well, I'll go cook for her," I said, walking down the carpet stairs. I headed toward the table where Sangmi, Woohyun, and Jooyeon were. "Annyeong," I said to Sangmi. She looked up shyly.

"A-annyeong," She said cutely. I smiled at the little girl.

"So Haeyun and Rijin are coming over soon right?" I asked. Sangmi nodded. "Do you need to finish your homework before they come?"

"Aniyo, we wanted to work on our homework together, but I feel like I just want to start early." Sangmi shrugged.

"Oh, arasso. Are you hungry?" I asked. She shook her head.

"I'll wait until Haeyun and Rijin come to eat. Can they eat too?" Sangmi asked. I nodded.

"I'll make sushi for you guys, and I'll also cook the dinner that your umma left in the fridge. Is that alright?"

Sangmi's eyes brightened. "Ne!" She smiled and starting working on her homework again - the smile still plastered on her face.

I always loved kids. If I ever hurt one, I would feel extremely bad. And when I say bad, I mean really bad. I sometimes faint or cry if I had hurt a child, or put them in danger because it would have been my fault that the kid cried in pain. I get along with them pretty well, and I understand them too. I looked at Sangmi and observed her. She was still gliding her pencil across the page even though the room was pretty loud. Sangmi was a hard-working girl. I smiled at her adorable face.

"I'll prepare snacks," I said to Sangmi. She gave a slight nod, but still concentrated on her work. I grinned at the intelligent girl and started getting fruit out of the fridge. I took out a knife from the cabinet.

"OMO! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!?!?!?!?" Sungjong exclaimed, coming over to me. Everyone's heads turned toward us.

"Um...cutting the fruit?" I said.

"But you'll get hurt like last time," Sungjong said.

Sangmi giggled. "Oppa, don't make such a big deal. It's just a knife, even I use one."

"Uh, yeah dude, what are you doing?" Sungyeol asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Keep working," Woohyun whispered to Sangmi. She nodded and pressed her pencil on the page again.

"I'll cut the fruit," Sungjong said, putting his hand on my wrist. I pulled away from him.

"Aniyo, you said you're not good at cooking," I argued.

"Well, I never said I was bad either. Now hand me the knife before you hurt yourself," Sungjong said, holding out his hand.

"Aniyo! I'll show you that I can cut it myself," I said, picking up a strawberry and cuting it in half equally and smoothly.

Sungjong sighed. "But you're still not careful," he said.

"I am," I said, cutting more and more strawberries by the second. Sungjong was about to protest when the bell rang. I heard the door creak open and Sangmi snapped her head up.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Haeyun," I heard a voice say from another room.

"Ah, Haeyun, nice to meet you. I'm Hoya, Sangmi is in that room,"

"Gamsamnida," Haeyun said, walking into the room. "Annyeonghaseyo!" She said proudly.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I said, smiling at the confident girl. She had bold colors on - a pink shirt and green jeans. Haeyun seemed out going and confident with herself. She was a strong, bold type of girl.

"Annyeong, Sangmi~!" Haeyun said, puttin down her bright blue backpack next to Sangmi's.

"Annyeong," Sangmi replied.

"I'm making snacks for you girls, and Rijin is coming soon, arasso?" I said. They nodded. I turned back to Sungjong. "Let me cut the fruit!"

"Aniyo, I'm not going to let you get hurt!" Sungjong said.

"Why?"

Sungjong froze at that reply. "Because...we're friends and I don't want you to get hurt, that's all."

I was expecting more, but disappointed that nothing happened. I closed my eyes and sighed, opening them again. "Well, since we're friends can't you trust me with a freaking knife? It's not like I'm gonna kill myself with it!"

"You can," Sungjong said.

I threw my hands up in the air in exasperation. "I'm cutting the fruit. Look, I'm already halfway done with all the strawberries just let me cut them."

"...I'm helping you." Sungjong said stubbornly, getting a knife for himself. We cut the strawberries and apples in silence, then I set the fruit in seperate bowls. The door bell rang as I picked up the bowls.

"A-annyeonghaseyo," a shy voice squeaked.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Are you Rijin?" I heard Sunggyu ask.

"Ne," the voice whispered slightly.

"Ah, don't be shy. Your friends Sangmi and Haeyun are in the kitchen where the table is,"

Rijin slowly walked into the room shyly. She seemed like a quiet girl. Rijin wore thick black glasses and dull clothing that didn't stand out - a white jacket over a pale pink T-shirt. She was pretty much the opposite of Haeyun, Sangmi being a little bit of each of them. "Annyeong, Haeyun and Sangmi. Your house is nice," Rijin said a bit louder.

"Annyeong, gamsamnida," Sangmi said.

"Annyeong!" Haeyun said energetically.

I set the fruit on the table and started preparing the sushi. I took out the seaweed when I saw a movement at the window. I looked up curiously. Nothing was there, except for a gust of wind. I shook my head and grinned at my foolishness. No one would be outside the window.

I ripped the seaweed into smaller strips, seeing a shadow outside in the corner of my eye. I shot my head up again but again ended up seeing nothing. I continued to add rice onto the seaweed, peering once in a while at the window. I ended up seeing nothing, but hearing a mysterious wind. I rolled the seaweed and rice so it stood, and added some ingredients on the top. When I finished, I set the sushi on the plate.

That's when I heard a bang outside the window.

 

 

 

[ Annyeong! Sooooo sorry for not updating for over a week! I deeply apologize! There was drama at school and more homework too -.- so yes, soooo sorry readers! Please continue to read. It's nearing the end of school for me, so once school is done I'll update much quicker. Comment, subscribe, upvote. Thank you guys so much! I tried to make this chapter longer than some of the others. Sorry for the boring chapter :P The only exciting part was at the end in my opinion XD. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'll accept any requests. ^_^  Oh, and leave a comment below about what you think the 'bang' was. I like to hear your predictions ;D ]