School

Maknae Love

 

I was staring at myself in front of the mirror, my mouth wide open.

"I...I went to school looking like this?" I asked.

"Ne. You went everywhere looking like this." SuHwa said. 

"Don't worry, it's not the end of the world." Jooyeon assured me.

SuHwa and Jooyeon had slept over at my house to help me prepare for my 'first day' at school as a queenka.

I kept staring at my outfit in the mirror. "I don't even look like myself anymore! I look like one of those popular queenkas - "

"Hyorin," Jooyeon said. "Remember? We're giving you this outfit for you to wear because you are a queenka."

"Right...I forgot." I muttered. I sighed and gave one last glance at my new look before heading downstairs to eat breakfast with SuHwa and Jooyeon.

"Is it hard being a queenka? What is it like? Are there lots of fanboys?" I started asking tons of questions.

"Slow down," SuHwa said, swallowing her cereal. "It's not hard being in a queenka group. You just have a lot of fanboys that try to hang out with you, and you get lots of attention."

"I don't like attention." I stated.

"Well..." Jooyeon scratched her head. "It's mainly just in the morning and during lunch. During class, not many fanboys come up to us since teachers are there.  It's not that bad, I promise. The fanboys aren't scary, they won't hurt you or anything. They just like you...and give you presents and stuff."

I raised my eyebrow. "Presents? ...Is my backpack gonna have enough room?"

Jooyeon shrugged. "Maybe. Sometimes not. It depends on what they give you...like flowers or chocolates. Some are bigger than the others."

"Is it hard to get to class because there are so many fanboys? Do they crowd around us?" I continued blabbering all my questions.

"Actually," SuHwa said. "They make a little pathway for us to walk. Usually they walk behind or next to us. Not in front. Hyorin, you're thinking too much. It's just school."

"Just school?" I raised my eyebrow. "It's school as a life of a queenka. I still remember the reactions of the fanboys toward Perfection. They're crazy."

"Just don't worry, arasso? You've survived it before, and I'm sure you'll survive it again." Jooyeon said.

I sighed as I set my bowl into the sink and washed my hands. "I guess this is what I chose in the past, so I've wanted to do this before. It can't be that bad..."

Jooyeon smiled as she set her bowl into the sink. "Arasso. Hurry up and eat, SuHwa. Perfection is going to be here in two minutes."

"Ne," she said, quickly finishing up her cereal.

I walked over to the door and took a peek out the window. There were no cars in sight yet. I turned around and reached for a pair of sneakers, when I suddenly stopped. "Jooyeon," I called.

"Hm?" Jooyeon walked towards me.

"...What shoes would I wear?" I asked.

"Oh! I bought you something." Jooyeon ped her backpack and handed me a pair of shoes.

"Gamsamnida!" I exclaimed. "Except I thought queenkas wore pretty flats or heels." I muttered quietly.

"Oh well if you want to wear heels then - "

"Aniyo!" I instantly said. "I was just thinking, since Perfection always wears fancy shoes and stuff..."

Jooyeon shrugged. "It's alright. Heels don't match your outfit anyway. Just as long as you don't wear any of your old shoes..."

"What's wrong with my old shoes? They still look nice!" I argued.

SuHwa came out of the kitchen. She had overheard our conversation. "Well, you know your old shoes are kind of dirty and the fabric isn't clean anymore..."

"Ne, and the color is kind of faded out..."

"I suppose they're kinda worn out, but I wore them when I went to Lotte Wor - "

There was a knock at the door. 

While Jooyeon unlocked the door SuHwa turned to me. "What were you saying? I didn't hear you."

"Oh, it's nothing," I murmured, realizing I haven't told them about my date with Sungjong.

We hopped into the van and SuJi began to drive.

"So...are you excited or nervous for your 'first day'?" Miyun asked me.

"Well...kind of both." I admitted.

"It's not as bad as you think," YoonJi said. "The fanboys wouldn't hurt you. They just...crowd around you and hand you a whole bunch of flowers and chocolates and stuff."

"By the way," Miyun added. "The chocolates taste good. Like, really good. "

I nodded, a bit less nervous from before.

We arrived at the school within five minutes, and there were already fanboys crowding around the car whispering.

"Why are there six girls? Is Hyorin back?"

"I think Hyorin's back."

"Omo! I'm glad she's okay!"

"I hope that's Hyorin in there!"

"HYORIN'S BACK!!!" The fanboys all cheered as I came out of the car. I awkwardly smiled. SuHwa gave me a tap on the shoulder.

"Here comes your gifts, princess." SuHwa joked. I turned around to see fanboys walking over to me.

"Hyorin noona~"

"Hyorin! I bought some flowers for you!"

"Noona, you're back! I made these chocolates for you! I'm glad you're okay!" 

I accepted all the gifts quickly, still a bit uneasy from all the attention. We started walking into the school.

Perfection waved goodbye to us as they walked over to their lockers. We looked around and spotted Infinite waiting for us down the hall.

"Annyeong!" We all waved at each other.

Sungjong turned away from Sungyeol to glance at me. He smiled brightly and winked.

I blushed, looking down at the floor.

"Sooo~" Dongwoo said. "I heard these two little lovebirds went on a date yesterday."

Everyone turned to me and Sungjong.

"Omo! How come you didn't tell us!" SuHwa pouted.

I shyly smiled. "Mianhae..."

"Huh. How come I didn't hear about this either?" Sunggyu asked, looking at the maknae. 

Sungjong shrugged. "I only told Dongwoo and Woohyun hyung - "

"THAT'S RIGHT~" Woohyun smiled brightly like he was Sungjong's favorite in Infinite. He came over to Jooyeon and gave her a peck on the cheek.

My eyes widened. "Wait, what?!?! Why, when...are you guys together?!?!?!" I asked, clearly confused.

Jooyeon explained everything to me.

"S-so you guys knew each other for that long?!?!?" I still couldn't believe the fact.

"Ne." Woohyun said.

"Anyway, where did you guys go on your date?" Dongwoo asked, changing the subject.

"Lotte World." I replied.

"Kya~! That's the best place for a first date!" SuHwa exclaimed.

Jooyeon and Woohyun looked at each other. "Hey, that was where our first date was too." They smiled.

"Did you guys kiss?" Hoya asked.

Sungjong and I glanced at each other.

"Err...well..."

"Did you?!?!?" Jooyeon asked.

"They probably did. Judging by the way they're acting." L murmured.

"Did you guys kiss or not?!?!?!" Hoya asked again.

"...Ne..." Sungjong said quietly.

"OMO!!! KYAAA~!" SuHwa and Jooyeon started jumping in delight. "That's so cute!" they exclaimed.

Sungyeol glared at his maknae. "And you never told us either? I thought I was your favorite hyung~"

Sungjong rolled his eyes. "I don't have a favorite hyung. I like you guys equally."

"EXCEPT FOR ME!!!!!" Woohyun said, placing his arm around Sungjong. "I'm always his favorite hyung. Hehe~"

 Sungjong rolled his eyes again and gently pushed Woohyun away.

The bell rang, signaling that class was about to start.

"We better get going." Sunggyu mentioned.

And we ran happily to class.

 

 

 

 

[Annyeong! Thanks for reading! :D Comment, please. I would really appreciate it. ^_^ Btw, K-Con is happening in L.A.! I can't go~ T^T ~kpopgurl125 ♥ ]