Tiniest Kiss

Maknae Love

 

Flashback

Jooyeon walked through the school hallway lonely. She never made a friend ever since she started eighth grade. She wished she never left Hyorin and SuHwa. They wouldn't forgive me if I came back, Jooyeon thought. Carrying her notebooks, Jooyeon turned a corner, stomping down the hallway again.

It was a mistake. Jooyeon knew it was. Why did she have to be so dramatic? Why did she have to leave the park? Why did she have to leave her best friends?

It was because she was Jang Jooyeon. The sensitive, lonely eighth grader.

She was sorry. Sorry about everything. Jooyeon wished she had done something else besides yelling and running. She was sorry about disappearing into thin air in front of her best friends. She was sorry about her friendship.

Jooyeon turned another corner once again, but ended up crashing into one of the school's kingkas from Infinite.

"I-I'm so sorry. M-mianhae." Jooyeon dropped to the floor to pick up her notebooks quickly. 

She's cute, he thought. Being a kingka, you wouldn't expect him to like some nerd so quickly. He bent down gently and helped Jooyeon pick up her notebooks. "It's okay," he said, smiling at the nervous Jooyeon.

Jooyeon cracked a small smile, gathered her notebooks and started to get away before fangirls began to glare at her.

"Wait!" He said, calling Jooyeon's name. She didn't reply as she passed by several people, ignoring his shouts. "Jooyeon!" He said. "You left one of your notebooks!" Jooyeon turned another corner, and disappeared down the hall.

He looked down at the red notebook in his hands. He turned to the first page, revealing a bunch of math problems and notes. This girl really was a hard-working nerd. He found it cute.

The next day, he waited at the same corner that he bumped into Jooyeon at. Once he saw her turning the corner, he grabbed her arm and held it tight. He didn't want to lose his love of his life.

Jooyeon looked down at her feet. "Ne? What do you want?"

"You left your math notebook on the hallway, so here it is." He said, handing her the red notebook. "And also, since I did you a favor, you need to do me a favor."

"And that favor is?" Jooyeon asked, looking up at him.

"Let's exchange numbers," he said happily. Jooyeon paused hesitantly, but then nodded her head in agreement. I just won't text him, and then there won't be as much hate from the fangirls. Jooyeon thought to herself, taking her phone back from the kingka. "Gamsamnida," he said, bouncing down the hall like a little boy.

Jooyeon checked her contacts list.

New contact: Nam Woohyun

Jooyeon cracked another smile, bouncing down the hall, just like Woohyun.

Flashback Ends

 

"Oppa?" Jooyeon said. "Is that actually you?"

Woohyun ran over to Jooyeon and wrapped her in a tight hug. "Jooyeon, it's actually you, isn't it?"

"Oppa, I missed you so much!" Jooyeon cried.

I blinked. "Um, so would you guys like to tell me what's going on? Because I'm really confused."

Jooyeon laughed. "So you know when I transferred schools in seventh grade? Well then I met Woohyunnie oppa in eighth grade, and we got together. We visited each other in summer and stuff - but then Woohyunnie oppa's umma forced him to move to a different high school, and we didn't talk anymore after that. It was too depressing," Jooyeon turned to her boyfriend. "And so, I'm guessing you and the rest of Infinite are best friends with SuHwa and Hyorin?"

"Hmm...well, we kinda just met today..." Woohyun said shyly.

"What do you mean?" Jooyeon asked.

"They're kingkas. I'm the 'forgotten girl'. They know me barely. Sungjong and I are secretly friends - sort of, and so that's how Infinite came here too." I said.

Umma stared at the seven handsome boys. "Well, what a surprise! Annyeonghaseyo, call me Ms. Lee, I'm Hyorin's umma. Come on in, you're the first guests besides Jooyeon." The rest of Infinite stepped into the house. They each gave a greeting to umma, appa, and Jooyeon's parents. At the same time, they were all staring at me.

"What?" I shot a glare at them. 

Sungjong chuckled. "Nothing. You just look...different."

"Um...is that a bad thing?" I asked, examining my face in a nearby mirror. I frowned at my appearance. Sure, I had to admit I looked better than before. I looked much more prettier...I think. But I do look so...different!

"Aniyo, he thinks you're cute," Hoya said, wiggling his eyebrows. Sungjong elbowed him in the ribs.

"I do not! I-I mean...well, you certainly do look nice but...I mean, uh, you look good but..." Sungjong fell silent. Dongwoo's hilarious laughter filled the room, making everyone else laugh. I giggled, blushing at Sungjong's comment.

"Mr. Lee, I can help with the streamers," said Sunggyu, being the nice leader.

"Aniyo, go hang out with your friends. If not, go ask Hyorin's umma if she needs anything. We're just a little late on time, so we're still decorating the house..." Appa said.

"Aniyo, we'll all help." Sunggyu said. "Right, guys?"

"Ne!" Infinite and 2Perfected said.

Appa sighed. "Alright then. You two," he pointed at Sungyeol and Hoya. "help me hang these streamers. You two seem to be the tallest. Now, you two," he pointed at Woohyun and Sunggyu. "Can you help blow up the balloons?" They nodded. "Okay, now you," Appa pointed at Dongwoo. "You seem strong. Can you move the tables and couches next to the wall by yourself?" Dongwoo nodded. "Gamsamnida...now you five, follow me." Appa said, motioning Sungjong, L, Jooyeon, SuHwa, and I to follow him.

"Can you guys help Hyorin's umma with all the things she needs? Gamsamnida," Appa said, going back to the living room where Sungyeol and Hoya were.

"Umma," I said, tapping her shoulder. Umma spun around.

"Oh, good! I have helpers here, don't I?" Umma chuckled. "Well...let's start with these two boys. Can you remove everything from the tables and counters and stack them neatly in this cabinet?" Sungjong and L nodded, already getting to work. "SuHwa, once the boys are done cleaning the table can you spread that green tablecloth on it? After that has been done, help Jooyeon, Hyorin and I cook and set out the food on the counters."

"Ne!" We all said, getting into our spots quickly. 

"Arasso, Jooyeon, help me make the frosting for the cake. We always have homemade cake, do you remember?" Umma said. Jooyeon grinned and nodded. "Gamsamnida. Hyorin, can you cut the fruit please? The oranges and apples, just peel them and cut them to pieces. Cut the strawberries into halves." I nodded, getting out a sharp knife to cut the fruit.

I peeled each orange slowly. I was staring at Sungjong, noticing all his features this time. He had a heart-shaped face, with long eyelashes and rosy lips. After a while, I finished peeling the oranges and I started cutting the apples. I continued to look at Sungjong's clothes. He wore a pinkish shirt with a plaid shirt underneath. He was wearing light blue skinny jeans with a thin white belt.

Cck.

"CRAP!" I yelled, dropping my knife and hopping backwards. My finger was bleeding severely, since I was paying more attention to Sungjong rather than my cutting.

"Omo, Hyorin!" Umma said, moving from the stove towards me. Everyone started running towards me...especially Sungjong.

Sungjond had dropped a magazine he was holding and sprinted across the room toward me. He was the first one to get to my spot. Sungjong was already examining my cut when everyone else had arrived.

"Omo, are you okay?" Everyone asked. I nodded, but then winced.

"You're not okay," Sungjong muttered. "Where's the first-aid kit?" he asked, panicking. Umma handed him the kit, and Sungjong got to work right away. I winced as he patted the blood away. "See, you're not okay." Sungjong said, trying to treat my cut without hurting me more.

I clenched my teeth, the pain rising slowly. Sungjong my hair soothingly, still working on the cut. He applied an ointment that stung like hell. I squeezed my eyes shut, not daring to open them.

Ding, dong!

Everyone left me and Sungjong alone in the room, running to the door to let Perfection in the house. Sungjong applied a bandage around the cut, and the pain went away slowly. I opened my eyes.

Sungjong was staring at me, but he looked away quickly. He kissed my cut. "You'll be fine," he said, smiling reassuringly.

It was the tiniest kiss ever, but it still affected me. Through the whole party, I kept thinking about that tiny kiss.

It wasn't even an actual kiss!

And then I started to wonder why it mattered to me. Was it because he was kingka, and I just liked his looks?

Or was it because I was in love?

Fine. I admit it for sure now... SuHwa was right.

I've been thinking...maybe Sungjong just...is a helpful friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I loved Taemin, not Sungjong. 

 

 

[ Yes, Taemin, not Sungjong. Shocking, isn't it? ;) Hope you like the story so far :D Subscribe and comment please! (Or upvote!) I would really appreaciate it. ^_^ Leave a comment below about who you think Hyorin will end up with, I would like to hear your prediction. :) Oh, and sorry for the short chapter. Thank you readers! Gamsamnida! ~kpopgurl125~ ]