Ms. Lee?

Maknae Love

 

I ate my dinner in silence, swallowing my rice dryly. I took a quick peek at my phone, and changed the name 'Your Ex-Friend Sungjong' to 'Sungjong'. I blocked out the sound of the conversation my parents were having about their work with my headphones. The song Perfection boomed in my ears, which reminded me of Jooyeon. I frowned. I missed her a lot.

Flashback

"You what?!" Jooyeon yelled at SuHwa and I. I shuddered at the coldness in her voice. "You did what?!" Jooyeon exclaimed.

"I told SuJi, Miyun, and YoonJi that they could create a queenka group named Perfection, since we weren't going to." SuHwa said calmly.

Jooyeon looked at us accusingly. "How could you..." She had tears in her eyes. I felt bad. Really bad.

Jooyeon sprinted away, running out of the park and down the street.

I wish we made the queenka group. I wish that I hadn't disagreed. I regret it all. All of it. Tears started to form in my eyes. I will always regret this. Always. Forever and always. No matter what. My tears came bursting down my cheeks. SuHwa hugged me.

"It's okay," she said nicely. "It's not your fault."

"Aniyo. It is. Jang Jooyeon, our very best friend, is never going to forgive us. She would do anything to get away from us. You have to admit it. She's a sensitive girl. Maybe she would even transfer schools..." I said the ending of my sentence quietly. SuHwa fell silent. I knew she had heard exactly what I said.

I wiped a tear that was about to drip of my chin. "SuHwa, I regret this all. Don't you?" SuHwa looked at me sincerely and nodded.

"If Jooyeon really does transfer schools, I promise that we will make a queenka group immediately if she ever comes back. Promise?" I whispered softly.

"Promise," SuHwa whispered. We hugged each other tightly as we continued to cry silently.

Flashback ends

A tear had rolled down my cheek without knowing. Umma dropped her chopsticks suddenly. "KYA! Lee Hyorin, what's wrong?!?!?!?" Umma and appa started to make a big fuss about me. I took off my headphones.

"Umma, appa, I'm okay." I said reassuringly.

"Then why are you crying?" Umma held my face and wiped my single tear away.

"Jooyeon," I said quietly. Appa fell silent, but suddenly had a wide grin on his face.

"How about we host a party here for your birthday next week? You can invite all your friends, you guys could watch movies and play games..." Appa and umma smiled.

My face brightened like the sun. "Ne!" Umma and appa smiled, then went off to their rooms to discuss about the party.

I realized that I was so caught up with kingkas and queenkas that I hadn't noticed that my birthday was next week. I smiled foolishly. But my smile faded when I started thinking about the favor that I accepted to do for SuHwa.

Why Oh Sehun? Why? I continued to think. How in the world am I supposed to get him to be friends with me, and then persuade him into loving SuHwa? Is that even possible? UGH!

With nothing to do, I decided to follow them to their room. I opened the door. "Do you need any help?" I asked.

"Aniyo, I was just about to call you and your family and friends to tell them about the party. Now, hand me your phone. I need to see all of your friends on your contacts list, since I'm going to invite them all." Umma said, taking her hand off of the home phone and placing her palm in front of me. I slipped my phone out of my pocket and handed it to umma.

Umma checked my contacts list on my phone and dialed a number. "Annyeong, is this Ms. Lee? Annyeong, I'm one of your son's friend's umma. I was calling in because I wanted to know if he could come to my daughter Hyorin's birthday party next Saturday, from 2:00 to 8:00." I watched appa flip through the pages of the notebook angrily, trying to find my aunt's number. I giggled. "Ne. Cake and pizza...ne...so can he come?" I switched my gaze from appa to umma and started listening to her conversation with one of my friends. 

Ms. Lee?  I thought to myself. I don't have any friends that have a last name as Lee. There are only a few people I'm going to invite... Shin SuHwa,  Shin SuJi, Choi Miyun, Kim YoonJi, and a few relatives. But if umma was talking to one of my relatives, she wouldn't say Ms. Lee. She would say their name...

OMO. I was about to turn to umma and tell her to hang up the phone, but it was already too late.

"Sungjong can come? Oh that's great! Gamsamnida... you have a good evening too, Ms. Lee. Annyeong." Umma pressed the 'End Call' button and set the phone down on the counter. I slumped against the wall and in my breath. I sighed.

Umma didn't notice a thing and dialed another number. "Annyeong HanJi!" She said happily into the phone. Umma was talking to SuHwa's umma. "This is EunHa. I was wondering if SuJi and SuHwa could attend Hyorin's birthday party next Saturday from 2:00 to 8:00..." Umma answered some questions from Ms. Shin, "Ne, ne...aniyo, they're just staying home to do some games and stuff. We'll only be with them from 7:00 to 8:00, since we get off work at 6:45..."

And that's how it went all day. Umma called and called all of my friends, (which there were not many), and appa called a few of my cousins to hang out for my birthday party.

Umma and appa slammed their phones down and sunk to the floor. "Aish, I'm tired." Umma said, rubbing her leg. Appa nodded in agreement. I stood up and went out of umma and appa's room, but before I closed the door I said something quickly. "Gamsamnida, umma and appa!" I smiled brightly and shut the door, skipping off to my room to read some new books I had just borrowed from the library.

Eventually, I fell asleep with my head on my book.

--------------------

Sungjong tried not to cry. He really did. He wanted to cry of happiness. When Sungjong's umma had told him that Hyorin had invited him to her birthday party, Sungjong went crazy and smiled endlessly. Now, he wanted to cry of happiness.

His smile faded as he went into deep thought.

It's about time I tell the rest of Infinite about this extremely smart, beautiful, and amazing Lee Hyorin, isn't it?

Sungjong grinned and was about to text his hyungs when he suddenly stopped. He got out his notebook and scribbled down something within the speed of light.

Give Hyorin a charm bracelet

Sungjong smiled and closed his notebook, taking out his phone to text his hyungs.

--------------------

I awoke to my back being arched and my sticky cheek being stuck to my book. I peeled my cheek away from my book and rubbed my eyes. I quickly changed into a gray sweater, a black skirt, and leggings. After that, I brushed out all the stubborn knots in my hair and slipped on a pair of white boots. I didn't bother for accessories, I never went shopping anyway. I pushed on my glasses.

I skipped down the stairs, not understanding why I was happy. I headed to the kitchen and made myself toast with cereal

Umma came down the stairs, still in her pajamas. "Well you're early today, Hyorin." Umma cracked a smile. "Why the hurry, anyway? You usually wake up ten minutes from now."

I shrugged. Why did I come down here so early? "I guess I'm...I guess I just feel happy." I said, crunching on my cereal with a silly grin on my face.

Appa came down the stairs. "Hmm, first time Hyorin has come down the stairs earlier than me." Appa chuckled and made himself a cup of coffee. He sat at the table in no rush, reading the newspaper.

Umma went back up the stairs to change her clothes. I put my bowl and plate into the sink, rinsing it with water. I packed up my backpack and wiped my milk-smeared mouth with the back of my hand, not caring what I looked like. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and was about to open the door when umma came back downstairs in a floral pencil skirt and a gray cardigan.

"Why so fancy, umma?" I giggled.

"I'm having some coffee at the Miss Kwon's Coffee Shop with Ms. Lee." Umma replied, grabbing her black purse.

Ms. Lee?

A silly grin spread on my face as I walked out the door, getting on the bus. I sat down in the front seat of the bus, not bothering with the loud kids in the back. After a few more stops, we reached school, and I climbed down the steps of the bus first. It looked like my bus was late, because all the kingka groups and queenka groups had already arrived at school.

"Annyeong, Hyorin!" SuHwa bounced happily to me with a smile on her face.

"Annyeong, SuHwa." I said nicely.

SuHwa leaned in closer to me. "So, remember the favor, right?"

I nodded. "I'll try my best, SuHwa, but it's probably not possible. I've already called him a jerk, and he's already called me a nerd. How is that going to work out?"

SuHwa tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Well, how about you just ask for his girl ideal type?"

I blinked in confusion. "But wouldn't that cause him to think that I like him?"

SuHwa sighed. "Sorta. But can you pleeease do it for me, Hyorin?"

I stood there for a moment, thinking about my decision. "Ne," I finally said.

"Gamsamnida, Hyorin!" SuHwa hugged me in a tight squeeze, then the bell rang. I grabbed a few books from my locker and headed to class.

When I came to Mr. Kim's classroom, Sungjong was already there, he was sitting at his desk, a book in his hands. I sat down in my seat, watching the clock tick slowly.

Eventually, I got to Mr. Choi's class, and I sat down next to Sehun. I huffed out a sigh. I didn't know when I should ask him. It was just plain awkward.

"Hey, Nerd-Rin." Sehun smirked in satisfaction. I didn't reply. How the hell was I supposed to be friends with this jerk? I turned to him and scratched my head.

"Uhh," I said quietly. "What's  your, um, girl ideal type?" I said awkwardly. I mentally face-palmed myself for sounding so stupid.

Sehun scoffed. "Someone of the opposite of you," he said rudely. "Cute, y, and pretty."

I tried so hard not to roll my eyes. "Wow, so you don't care if their rude, stupid, or dumb..." I almost added 'like you' at the end of my sentence, but I decided against it. I could never become friends with Sehun if we became enemies.

Sehun tapped his chin. "I don't care about smartness. They can't be stupid or clumsy. Impolite? Definitely not. As long as they're pretty, nice, and they smell good." He glared at me. "Which is not you, by the way."

This time I did roll my eyes. I was damn mad at this jerk. "For your information, I'm not interested at you at all."

"Then why are you asking for my girl ideal type?" Sehun wiggled his eyebrows at me. I didn't say anything, which made Sehun laugh. "Admit it, Lee Hyorin, you love me, don't you? You just can't resist." He smirked.

"Shut the hell up," I usually did not swear at school, but this time I was extremely angry.

Sehun chuckled in victory, crossing his arms over his chest. Why would SuHwa like this jerk?

Sehun turned his head toward me. "Oh, and I only find interest in girls who have a queenka group, like Miyun. Damn she's hot!" Sehun his lips.

I sighed. I wished Jooyeon was here. I really did.

Because if she was here, we would have a queenka group. SuHwa would have her dream with Sehun.

But I ruined her dream. And Jooyeon is still mad at me, and she's never coming back. Ever.

I'm positive.

 

[Annyeong! Tell me in the comment box about what you think about my story! :) I would gladly appreciate it. And I have a question: Do any of you readers think that my chapters are too short? Please let me know if you think they are. Thank you to the people who have read, subscribed, or commented on any of my stories! Oh, and feel free to add me as a friend, I'll accept any requests :) Gamsamnida! :D ~kpopgurl125~ ]