First Date

Maknae Love

 

My eyes fluttered open. Where am I...? Oh.

I sat up in my bed. I was still at home, and the sunlight was leaking through my windows. I was about to stand up when appa walked into the room, holding an envelope.

"Here, there's a letter for you." Appa said, setting the letter on my desk and leaving the room.

I glanced curiously at the letter. I reached over and grabbed it, slowly tearing it open. Inside was a small sheet of paper.

 

Dear Hyorin,

Please don't worry about me too much. I deserve to be in jail, arasso? I know I'm in the right place that I belong in. I've done something wrong, and I'll always be sorry about it. I really don't want you to worry about me. I've done something wrong, and there's no reason for you to feel sorry for me.

Stay happy, Hyorin.

Some things were meant to be, and I was meant to be sent here. You were meant to have a happy life. So please don't worry about anything.

Oh, and I heard you got out of the hospital! I hope you are doing well now. :) 

P.S. It's such a pain seeing Sooeun everyday, watching her flirt with the other guys in jail. Aish, what a she is. Oh well, I guess I have to endure it for a while.

- Kai

 

I set the letter back on my desk and sighed.

My phone buzzed.

 

From: Sungjong, To: Hyorinnie

Come outside your door ;)

 

I froze. I'm not even dressed yet! I quickly typed back.

 

From: Hyorin, To: Sungjong

Oppa~ I just woke up!

 

From: Sungjong, To: Hyorinnie

Then get dressed quickly, arasso? I have somewhere to take you today. :)

 

From: Hyorin, To: Sungjong

Arasso. I'll be there in a couple minutes.

 

I scanned through all my clothes in my closet, when my eyes landed on a blue dress. I reached for it when my phone buzzed.

 

From: Sungjong, To: Hyorinnie

Oh, and don't wear anything fancy.

 

I smiled. Where would Sungjong oppa take me?

I pulled on a pair of shorts and a gray sweater. After getting dressed, I rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and comb my hair quickly. 

I gave one last glance at the mirror before I ran down the stairs. It was silent, meaning that no one was around. Umma must have been still sleeping and appa had probably gone grocery shopping. I quickly wrote a note for umma about why I wouldn't be home and set it on the table. I dashed across the hall and opened the door.

"Annyeong!" Sungjong said, wrapping his arms around me.

I smiled. "Annyeong, oppa."

Sungjong pecked me on the cheek. "Come on, let's go."

I blushed and touched my cheek for a moment before I nodded. I slipped on my shoes and stepped outside of the house. Sungjong took my hand in his and we started to walk down the street.

"Oppa, where are we going?" I asked.

Sungjong grinned. "Somewhere~" I pouted. I wish I knew where we were going...

"Aigoo, you're so cute." Sungjong said, chuckling. 

Ten minutes later, I started to become tired from walking.

"Oppa...are we almost there yet?" I asked.

"Almost." Sungjong smiled.

We continued walking. About two minutes later, I started to see something ahead of us.

I squinted my eyes. "Oppa what does that say - "

My eyes widened.

In front of me were the words 'LOTTE WORLD' in big red letters.

My jaw dropped. "Sungjong, this costs so much..."

"Aniyo, it's okay. It's my treat to you." Sungjong smiled at me.

We entered Lotte World and I took a look around. It's been a while since I've been here. I glanced around eagerly at everything around us. My eyes slowly landed on a red roller coaster...

I grinned. "Hyorinnie, where do you wanna go first?" Sungjong asked, until he saw that I wasn't paying attention. I was too busy staring at the fast moving roller coaster.

Sungjong finally noticed where I was staring and he stiffened. 

I glanced back at Sungjong and giggled. "Oppa, are you scared?"

"A-aniyo..." Sungjong muttered nervously.

"Hmm...is this Sungjong's first fear perhaps?" I said jokingly.

"Aniyo!" Sungjong defended himself. "So...um, I guess we're going on the roller coaster?"

"Ne! It'll be fun, don't be scared oppa." I said.

"I said I wasn't scared!" Sungjong argued back. I only smiled and gazed back at the roller coaster. Everyone always thought of me being the shy, quiet person...but I still loved roller coasters. They use to be my biggest fear as a kid, but I eventually got use to them and started to like them a lot. 

"So since when were you the dare devil anyway?" Sungjong asked. I shrugged.

The line started to move faster. Sungjong tried to act calm.

I noticed his behavior. "Sungjong, you know you don't have to go if you don't want to."

"I want to." Sungjong said a bit too quickly. I smiled.

Eventually, we were in the front of the line. Sungjong and I sat next to each other, holding hands.

The roller coaster began to go up.

Sungjong glanced at me. As long as I'm with her, I'll be fine...

I looked back at him and smiled. "Ready?"

Sungjong kissed my cheek. "Ready." 

The roller coaster began to tilt downward.

 

 

~

 

 

"Whoo~! That was fun. It wasn't that bad, right?" I exclaimed as we got off the ride.

Sungjong just stood next to me, still in shock from the ride. He was cowering in fear. "Are you kidding me? I thought I was going to die! How were you not scared?!?!?"

I grinned. "I don't know. I just like roller coasters. I'm use to them."

Sungjong took a deep breath then sighed. He glanced around the places around him when his eyes landed on an ice cream shop.

"Hyorinnie," He said.

"Hm?" I looked at where Sungjong was pointing.

"Want to get some?" He asked.

"Ne! But..." I glanced up at him.

"Don't worry, I'll pay." Sungjong said, smiling sweetly at me.

"Aniyo! Don't - "

"Hyorinnie, remember what I said? This is my treat to you, arasso?"

I thought a little bit. I still didn't like the idea, but knowing Sungjong, he wouldn't give up. "Arasso."

"I'll buy a banana split for us to share," Sungjong said. "Go sit down. I'll go pay."

"Arasso," I said, letting go of Sungjong's hand. My eyes wandered around the area, until I found a table in the corner. I quickly walked over to it and sat down.

A moment later, Sungjong came back with the banana split in his hands. He set it carefully on the table and sat down.

We began to eat.

It tasted extremely good. The ice cream melted delicously in my mouth, along with the sweet chocolate and fluffy whipped cream.

"Ah~" Sungjong said, motioning me to open my mouth. I followed what he said, and he popped a cherry into my mouth. He started chuckling a bit.

"Hm? What?" I asked.

"You got some whipped cream on your lips."

My cheeks reddened. I reached for a napkin when Sungjong suddenly leaned closer to my face.

I began to blush as he leaned closer and closer. Seconds later, our faces were only a centimeter apart.

Suddenly, Sungjong began to kiss me sweetly. I was shocked at his action, but kissed him back.

After a moment, he pulled away. "There, now it's gone." He his lips and smiled at me. I blushed even more and continued eating.

 

--------------------

 

Meanwhile, SHINee was having a good time at Lotte World. So far, they haven't ridden any rides. Key was too busy shopping at the mall, which annoyed all the members but Key didn't care. He loved fashion so much that he never cared for roller coasters, unlike Minho who wanted to go on every single ride.

"Taemin," Jonghyun said.

"Ne?" Taemin answered.

"Can you get us some ice cream?" Jonghyun asked.

"What? Why me~?" Taemin whined.

"Because everytime it's always Onew, Key, Minho, or me. Now it's your turn, maknae."

Taemin crossed his arms and sighed. "Arasso. What flavors do you guys want?"

"I wish there was chicken flavored ice cream..." Onew muttered.

"Eww, that's disgusting hyung." Key said.

"Yeah...Hyung, I understand that you like chicken. But chicken ice cream? That's a bit..." Jonghyun didn't finish his sentence.

Onew rolled his eyes. "I don't care. Chicken's always the best. Whether it's ice cream or not."

Key turned to Taemin. "I'll get strawberry."

"Me too," Jonghyun said.

"Well," Onew sighed. "Since there's no such thing as chicken flavored ice cream, I might as well get...vanilla."

Taemin nodded, trying to memorize all of the flavors each member wanted. "And Minho hyung?" he asked.

"Surprise me." Minho said.

Taemin waved goodbye to his hyungs and went over to the ice cream shop. "Two strawberry, one vanilla, and two mint chocolate chip, please." 

Taemin waited patiently. As he waited, he glanced around at the area. His eyes suddenly landed on a familiar girl...

Hyorin? What is she doing here all alone - oh wait, who's that? Taemin took a step closer. His eyes widened. What's Sungjong and Hyorin doing together?

Taemin watched the two of them for a moment until...they kissed.

He was heart-broken and shocked. 

"Excuse me." The cashier said.

Taemin turned around. "Oh, gamdamnida." Taemin paid for the ice cream and walked away, giving one last glance back at Hyorin and Sungjong.

Taemin walked wack to where his hyungs were and gave them their ice cream.

"Gamsamnida, Taemin-ah." Jonghyun said, his ice cream.

But Taemin didn't hear him. He was too busy staring at Hyorin and Sungjong, happily laughing with each other only a few yards away.

Minho glanced at his dongsaeng. "What's wrong, Taemin?"

Taemin looked back at his hyung. "Hyorin..."

Minho looked around until he spotted Hyorin and Sungjong sitting across from each other at a table. 

"I'm sure you'll find someone else, Taemin. She's probably not meant for you, right? You just need to meet the right person. She'll come." Minho said.

Taemin nodded. 

Maybe hyung is right. Maybe Lee Hyorin really isn't the one for me. My true partner is out there somewhere. I just need to find her.

 

 

 

 

[Annyeong! I'M SOOOOO SORRY about the late update. School is about to start soon and I was busy preparing for it. I'm so so so so SOOO sorry everyone! I tried making this chapter longer to satisfy you guys. Thanks for staying here and still supporting me, even with the late updates! You guys are amazing! Thanks for reading! Comment please! ~ kpopgurl125 ♥♥♥♥♥ ]