Hyorin's Side

Maknae Love

 

I stared into Sehun's eyes, but looked away quickly. "So...are you still calling me Nerd-Rin nowadays?"

Sehun's expression fell. "Well, look, I..." Sehun's eyes landed on the crumpled piece of paper still clutched in my hand. I pulled my arm closer to me. "What's that?" he asked, glancing at the paper and back to me. His eyes landed on my tear-stained face. "Omo! Hyorin, what's going on?"

I stayed quiet. "Let me see the letter," Sehun said firmly.

'Thinking about telling this to the police? Oh hell no, I don't think you want to do that. There will be consequences~! I have the whole entire EXO-K on my side.' Those four sentences from the letter repeated in my head a million times. What would the consequences be?

"Let me see the letter, Hyorin!" Sehun said again, holding onto my wrist tightly. I gave him a long look, then loosened my grip on the letter. Sehun took the letter gently in his hands, then uncrumpled it.

He read the letter slowly, his eyes wide.

"Sooeun wrote this?" I nodded. "That ," he muttered, folding the letter neatly and slipping it into his pocket.

"What are you doing?" I asked, alarmed. "She said there would be consequences and - "

Sehun held my hand, which made my mouth shut up. "Hyorin, you need to start realizing that Sooeun is just a lying, dumb . EXO-K is not on her side...not counting Kai, he's half on your side and half on Sooeun's...but that's not the point. EXO-K would definitely listen to me. They've seen Sooeun bully people - and they've seen you help people. You volunteer and also help people with homework...you're kind. EXO-K wouldn't listen to anything Kai says once I say that it's between you and Sooeun. They'd defintely choose you over Sooeun."

"Are you sure?" I asked, my voice wobbling at Sehun's sweetness.

"Ne, and if not, I wouldn't let EXO-K hurt or do anything to you. I will protect you, Hyorin! I'm...I'm sort of...done with EXO-K. Technically I'm not, I told Kai that I was but I'm not really. When I say 'I'm done with EXO-K,' I'm saying that if they're going on Kai's side, and if I have to leave them to have you in my life, then I would." Sehun said.

A tear slipped. "Gamsamnida," I whispered, hugging Sehun tightly.

"I mean, who cares what Sooeun says! You're not a , and people do care about you. Sooeun is lying - there will be NO consequences. And who's Rooeun? Sooeun doesn't even have a sister! I'm not dating anyone!" Sehun said reassuringly. "But...wait, you've liked me before?"

I panicked. "A-aniyo! She means like, like meaning just like. Remember when you turned your back on me? That's when I started ignoring you and paying no attention to you. So she means 'like' meaning that I still care about you...as a friend. But she doesn't understand that you turned your back on me in middle school. She's just stupid not to remember." I mentally face-palmed myself for a confusing reply.

"...oh." Sehun said.

"...so you're...telling the police about Kai?" I asked, looking up at Sehun.

Sehun took the paper out of his pocket and stared at it. "...well first of all, I'm showing Kai this letter. He'll feel guilty because he'll realize that Sooeun loves Sungjong more than him. Did you read what it said? 'Get away from him.'? She doesn't love Kai. She's using Kai. And I'm going to show this to Kai, because I don't want our friendship to break apart, no matter how much he has been persuading me to be on Sooeun's side. He fell in love too fast."

"...but are you really going to tell the police about your best friend?" I asked again.

"...I well...I don't know..." Sehun scratched his head.

"Please don't! Who knows what consequences she means!" I sobbed.

"Shhh~" Sehun calmed me down. "Look, I will stop her from hurting you any more. I really will. Okay? But...I don't think I'm going to turn Kai in. He's been my best friend since first grade, Hyorin. As much as I despise what he did...I can't. I'm sorry."

I nodded. "It's okay, Sehunnie. I understand. Don't get too worried about me, arasso?"

"Arasso," Sehun said. We hugged each other. "Get well soon."

I grinned and nodded. He waved a cute goodbye and left the room. I sighed and laid back on my pillow, falling asleep.

 

-------------------

 

Sehun stepped into Kai's house to find him alone on the couch.

"Where's Sooeun?" Sehun asked.

"She said she was busy so she left," Kai said. "Why are you here?"

"Read," Sehun said, handing Kai the letter.

"What do you want?" Kai asked bitterly, snatching the letter.

Kai read the note lazily but his eyes widened after a few seconds. "Sooeun wrote this? You must be lying, Sehun. Go away now."

"ANIYO! She wrote it. It came in a red envelope and Hyorin was crying about it."

"A red envelope?" Kai asked, suddenly sitting up.

"Ne," Sehun said.

Kai began realizing everything. "That ," he muttered, throwing the letter at Sehun. Kai ran out the door without saying anything else. Sehun chuckled.

"Sooeun is in big trouble."

 

--------------------

 

Sooeun had called Taemin the other day and asked him to meet her at a coffee shop at the end of Second Street. Taemin and Sooeun had ordered coffee and they were chatting...er, well, Sooeun was doing most of the talking.

"Annyeong!" Sooeun said eagerly, flipping her hair.

"Annyeong, Sooeun." Taemin said plainly, taking out his phone.

"How are you, Taeminnie oppa?" Sooeun asked in a fake voice.

"Uhh, I'm fine. And don't call me Taeminnie. Only Hyorin calls me that, understand?" Taemin said firmly.

"Ah, ne! Mianhae...but you know, Hyorin is actually very rude and unkind. Have you ever noticed?"

Taemin rose in anger. "When? I've never seen her do anything rude! She's a kind and sweet girl don't you ever say that about her!"

"Well," Sooeun continued with a squeaky voice. "She purposely dropped her bookks in front of Sunggyu oppa. It made him slip and fall. Don't you remember? She's so mean!"

"Aniyo, don't you remember you sick idiot? You're the one who bumped into her and so you are the one to blame!"

Sooeun crossed her arms. "I am not a sick idiot, Taemin oppa. And she is rude! She called me a once, you know!"

"That's because you are."

Sooeun realized that it was not Taemin who had said that sentence and she froze at the voice. She turned around slowly. "O-oppa?"

"Ne, that's right ." Kai said, walking up to Sooeun. "I may not like Hyorin myself, but that doesn't mean you get every guy in Seoul to hurt her. You are a . You are a cheater. You are a ."

Sooeun cried. "OPPA! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT?" Everyone in the coffee shop was whispering and glancing their way.

"Excuse me, Taemin." Kai said, pulling on Sooeun's wrist.

"Oppa! Stop, you're hurting me!"

Kai ignored Sooeun's cries of annoyance and gripped her tighter. She yelped in pain. Kai pulled her into a dark alley and finally let go of Sooeun. She dropped to the ground but shakily stood up.

"If I were to choose between you and Hyorin, it would definitely be Hyorin. I would be by her side. You !"

"K-kai o-oppa - "

Smack.

Sooeun screamed while holding her cheek. "You...you..."

"I slapped you. Damn right." Kai said. "You deserve it."

 

--------------------

 

 

[Annyeong! Subscribe, comment, and upvote! Thanks for reading everyone! Gamsamnida! ~kpopgurl125~ ]