Oh Sehun

Maknae Love

 

Remember when I told Sungjong never to talk to me again? Yeah, he did exactly did what I said. It was almost like he obeyed my every command, but I still don't understand why.

I wasn't necessarily happy with Sungjong not talking to me - I felt a bit alone. It has been two days since I had talked to Sungjong.

Two days ever since he said he was going to have Dongwoo and Hoya beat up Sooeun.

Except they never did. I wondered why, so I decided to talk to him after class.

As Sungjong was about to leave the room, I held his wrist tightly. He turned around. "Ne, Lee Hyorin?"

The room fell silent, and I noticed that I was causing attention. I let go of his wrist. "Never mind," I mumbled quietly. The class spilled out of the room one by one, until it was finally only me and Sungjong left.

"You can't do this," Sungjong said, a wobble in his voice.

"Do what?" I asked calmly, packing up my stuff.

"We were friends...and now..." Sungjong didn't finish his sentence as I interrupted him.

"So you decided not to beat up Sooeun?" I said, still not looking up at Sungjong.

"I never said that," Sungjong said, becoming serious. "Do you remember what I said, Lee Hyorin? Do you?" I became silent. "I said, 'I'm just going to return every bruise she gave you back to her.' Do you understand that?"

"Ne, but how come Dongwoo and Hoya never - "

"Three simple reasons." Sungjong said plainly. "One, you said you didn't want attention, right? So they're not going to. Two, I never counted your bruises yet. And three..."

"And three is...?"

"Infinite...doesn't know who you are..." Sungjong finished his sentence. I sighed in relief and slung my backpack over my shoulders.

"Good then." I said firmly, walking out of the room without looking back at Sungjong once. I felt a bit sorry for Sungjong though. There was a feeling in my heart...that I never felt before.

Aniyo, Lee Hyorin! Stop thinking about love. School is too important for that. If you're going to fall in love, don't fall in love with a kingka. I opened my locker door.

My thoughts were interrupted with a small 'Beep'. I made sure that there were no teachers in the hall, and took out my phone from my locker.

 

From: SuHwa, To: Hyorin

Annyeong Hyorin! Wanna come over to my house today? We can walk home and do a whole bunch of stuff...

 

I pushed my giant glasses up higher and replied quickly.

 

From: Hyorin, To: SuHwa

Annyeong SuHwa! I mean, I guess so. I'll call umma afterschool. But...why do you want me to come over?

 

I checked my watch. Three minutes until I needed to get to my next class.

 

From: SuHwa, To: Hyorin

I need you to do me a favor. A HUGE favor. :) It would mean the world to me! It's about...well, love. He's so good-looking!

 

The halls were emptying faster. And well, being the good student that I was, I didn't want to take my phone with me to class.

 

From: Hyorin, To: SuHwa

Arasso. But I can't walk home with Perfection. The attention...

 

The late bell rang before I could send my message. I hurriedly typed the rest.

 

The attention is just too much. And I'm late to class, talk to you later.

 

I shoved my phone into my locker and took out a couple books. I slammed my locker door and ran around the corner, just to bump into Sungyeol.

My books fell, and I dropped to my knees to pick them up quickly. "Ah, sorry Haekrin." Sungyeol passed by me without a care. I ran to class and sat down in my seat, breathing heavily.

Sehun raised an eyebrow at me. "Miss Choi Hyorin is late? That's a first."

I shot a glare at the kingka. "Actually, it's a second...and that's not my name." I said the end of my sentence in a mutter.

"I don't care." He crossed his arms and pretended to listen to Mr. Choi.

"Jerk," I said under my breath. I made a face at the books I had taken out of my locker. I had read all of them. I took out a piece of notebook paper and pen, writing down notes about Mr. Choi's lesson.

"Nerd," Sehun said back to me. I ignored him and continued scribbling down notes. I was already halfway through the page.

When the bell rang, signaling that class was over. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and pushed pass Sehun. I got to my locker quickly.

 

From: SuHwa, To: Hyorin

Aniyo, Perfection won't be walking with us. They're all going to eat sushi then they're going to Miyun's house.

 

From: Hyorin, To: SuHwa

Good. So, who is this good-looking person anyways?

 

From: SuHwa, To: Hyorin

A kingka ;)

 

From: Hyorin, To: SuHwa

HA! So it IS that greasy Nam Woohyun, isn't it?

 

From: SuHwa, To: Hyorin

Aniyo. Wrong kingka group.

 

From: Hyorin, To: SuHwa

...SHINee? It's not that annoying Taemin, is it?

 

From: SuHwa, To: Hyorin

Aniyo. Wrong kingka group again. And plus, Taemin isn't annoying, he's pretty cute, you have to admit...Are you just calling him annoying because you find him attractive and you don't want to say it? Come on, tell me the truth!!!

 

I checked my watch. Two minutes until the late bell rang. I set my phone in my locker, and switched my books with unread ones. I slammed my locker door shut, when I noticed it didn't close. I groaned. This was a horrible day. I pushed as hard as I could, but it never closed. It's just a small crack, right? If someone were that stupid to break into my locker, they would have to have long nails to stick them in and pry my locker door open. That being said in my mind, I hurriedly left my locker to go to my next class.

Mr. Park raised an eyebrow at me as I entered. "Almost late, Lee Hyorin. That's a surprise."

I nodded my head and bowed slightly. "Mianhae, Mr. Park." I took my seat all the way in the back. Dongwoo and Hoya sat in front of me, with Sooeun in between them, which annoyed me. I sighed and opened up my unread book.

When the bell rang once again, I went quickly to my locker. It didn't look different. I sighed in relief and my phone. I scrolled through my contacts when...

Wait a second. I read the name over and over again about a thousand times before I realized what had happened.

Your Ex-Friend Sungjong

A tear rolled down my cheek without me knowing. I wiped it away, confused about why I was crying. Did I... miss Sungjong? Was that feeling in my heart...real? Was I in love?

I stopped thinking about love immedately and read my new texts. Love was a silly thing, and I didn't need to worry about it. Sungjong...he, well, was an 'ex-friend'.

 

From: SuHwa, To: Hyorin

Yah!!! Why aren't you answering me? Oooh! Do you like Taemin? I bet you do!!! ;) Just admit it already!

 

I read my other text.

 

From: Your Ex-Friend Sungjong, To: Hyorinnie

Ne, I broke into your locker.

 

From: Hyorin, To: SuHwa

ANIYO! I was just going to be late to class so I stopped texting you.

 

From: Hyorinnie, To: Your Ex-Friend Sungjong

Wae?!?!?!  D:<

 

And it went on like that the whole school day. With me almost be late to class, and then coming back to my locker to answer Sungjong and SuHwa's texts. Finally, when school ended I took some time to call umma.

"Annyeong?" Umma said into the home phone.

"Annyeong, umma. It's Hyorin. Can I go to SuHwa's house after school?" I asked.

"Ne, as long as your back in time for dinner. Arasso?"

"Arasso. Annyeong, umma. I'll be back around five forty."

"Ne, make sure it's not dark when you walk home!" I rolled my eyes at umma's comment.

"Ne." I hung up and nodded at SuHwa. "Umma said I can come over until dinner."

SuHwa jumped happily in the air and hugged me tightly. "Yay!" She said in her bubbly voice. We walked down the street to SuHwa's house, which was almost the size of a mansion. SuHwa's family was rich, like mine. Well, except SuHwa was richer, but I didn't mind. I didn't spend much money on clothes anyway. I spent money mainly on books and art supplies, since I love reading and painting. Umma and Appa always asked why I bothered to wear glasses instead of contacts, and why I wore dirty, ripped jeans instead of clean skinny jeans. The thing is...umma is really beautiful and smart. And, well, I know it's hard to believe, but I'm exactly like umma. I, Lee Hyorin, is beautiful and smart...at least, that is what umma says. But I do look like umma, so I guess I'm a little pretty. So if I wore expensive, pretty clothes and if I brushed my hair better, I would be a beautiful queenka.

SuHwa had actually wanted to create a queenka group with me, her, and our other best friend, Jang Jooyeon, in seventh grade. The three of us were best friends, but after SuHwa had suggested to create a queenka group named Perfection, I rejected the idea because I never liked attention. SuJi, Miyun, and YoonJi heard about it and asked if they could create a queenka group named Perfection, since their favorite song from their favorite band Super Junior was called Perfection. SuHwa said they could, and Jooyeon became angry at both of us. So she transferred schools, and we've never talked to her ever since then.

SuHwa took out her silver key and unlocked the mint blue door. I slipped easily out of my old, red sneakers while SuHwa took a while to untie the laces on her knee-high brown boots.

We climbed the spirals of stairs until we finally reached SuHwa's room, which was painted a lavender color. Her bed was covered in green tea colored blankets, with matching pillows and sheets. There was a pink heart shaped rug in front of her white door, and there were posters of Super Junior and Big Bang on the walls. There was one wall though, that had only two giant pictures of her biases. On the left was a picture or Eunhyuk, and on the right was a picture of Taeyang.

"So, you're probably wondering who this extremely handsome-looking, smart, kind guy?" SuHwa asked straight away.

"Ne. Who is it?" I asked excitedly.

"You probably won't belive it but..." SuHwa took a deep breath. "You wouldn't tell anyone, right? Promise?"

"Promise," I said genuinely.

"I'm in love with a maknae kingka..." she said slowly.

"Wait..." I said, processing what she just said. Not from Infinite, not from SHINee. "So you're saying..." my eyes widened. Shin SuHwa is in love with that jerk?!?!?!?

"Ne. I'm in love with Oh Sehun." SuHwa smiled proudly.

 

[Annyeong! Thank you to the people who have commented, read, and/or subscribed to any of my stories! Gamsamnida! I really appreciate it. :D ]