Is He The One?

Maknae Love

 

I stared at my hands for a long moment. Maybe he's the one. I think I've realized... he's cared for me so much. He gave me so many "get well soon" cards, he worried about me, he cried about me, he wishes I would remember him. 

I...I believe he will be the one who cares for me the most, and who loves me the most. I believe that all this time...I've been blinded by his love. I realize...that even if I have lost my memory, I still love him. I believe in him.

He was the one who took the time to help me regain my memory back, because he cares about me. Not Taemin, not Sehun. Just Sungjong. He was the one who wanted me to know him again. To remember every sad, happy, or joyful moment that I have forgotten. He is the one. The one for me.

When I looked up I saw a patient Sungjong staring at me with his twinkling eyes.

I took a deep breath and said slowly...

"Ne."

Sungjong burst into a happy smile and embraced me in his arms. I hugged him back, while leaning on his shoulder.

We just sat there on the park bench, hugging each other for a long time. I was finally happy. I didn't need to think of Sooeun anymore. I didn't care about her. I had Sungjong, and that was all I needed. I was happy.

Sungjong finally broke the hug after such a long moment. He took my hands in his. "Let's go back to the hospital, arasso? Get some rest and get better."

"Arasso," I said, standing up.

We were walking out of the park when there was a tap on my shoulder.

"Annyeong, Hyorin!" Jooyeon smiled.

I smiled back. "Annyeong!"

I realized SuHwa was there too, and she was staring at my hand...where it was linked with Sungjong's.

"Um...Sungjong?" SuHwa said.

"Ne?"

"Can us three...talk in private for a quick second?"

Sungjong was too happy to care. "Ne, take your time." He smiled and walked a bit farther down the sidewalk, sitting on a bench and waiting.

SuHwa turned her head back to Jooyeon and I.

Jooyeon started the conversation. "So...what is going on between you and Sungjong? Why were you with him?"

"And why were you guys holding hands? You're hiding something!" SuHwa squealed like a shild. "Spill it."

"Sungjong and I are together now." I explained. My best friends looked at me in shock.

"So...so you don't have any feelings for Sehun anymore?" SuHwa asked.

"Aniyo...I mean, I had small feelings for him a few days ago, but I only think of him as a friend at this point."

"Wait... so if I ask him out and he says yes you would be fine with that?" SuHwa said.

"Ne. I have a boyfriend now, I wouldn't mind." I said.

"Oh yeah, that's right I forgot!" She grinned.

"What about Taemin?" Jooyeon asked.

"Oh, he already asked me out before...I rejected him."

Their eyes widened.

"I still just think of him as a friend. I don't even remember liking him at all." I explained. "And...you still like Sehun I'm guessing?" I pointed to SuHwa. She nodded her head. "And you're still with Woohyun, from Infinite?" I pointed to Jooyeon. She nodded, too.

"Heheh, maybe we can go on a double date sometime." Jooyeon laughed.

I giggled. "Haha, maybe."

SuHwa looked to the floor, looking gloomy. It took a moment before I noticed.

"SuHwa, what's wrong?" I asked.

She looked up and gave a nervous chuckle. "It's nothing. Now, go to your boyfriend! He's waiting for you~!" 

I smiled and waved. "Annyeong! See you at school!"

They waved back and I disappeared toward the bench. Sungjong was swinging his feet like a kid on the bench.

"I'm back," I said.

"Obviously. I can't miss your beautiful face anywhere." Sungjong gave a tiny kiss on my cheek and I blushed.

 

-------------------

 

SuHwa and Jooyeon watched from a distance. "Ah~! They're so cute together!" Jooyeon said, sighing.

"I agree." SuHwa said quietly. I wish I had a boyfriend too... I wish Sehun was with me. I can't go on a double date like Jooyeon and Hyorin can... I wish I had someone to love me, SuHwa thought. The two girls continued walking down the sidewalk, leaving Sungjong and Hyorin some privacy.

 

--------------------

 

"Let's walk back to the hospital," Sungjong suggested. I nodded. He took my hand in his again.

We walked down the streets of Seoul for a few minutes. "Do you have any idea when you will be released from the hospital?"

I tapped my chin. "Hm...aniyo. Dr. Jung hasn't said much to me. Maybe he will tonight, since he's treating more cuts on my forehead." I said.

Sungjong nodded, understanding.

Sungjong walked me carefully up the steps of the hospital. I told RinAh I was back, and settled down in my room with Sungjong. I sat on the bed, the clock ticked loudly.

I was about the start a conversation with him when the door burst open.

"THIS IS REALLY BAD! WHO MENTIONED THEM TO THE POLICE? WHO DID IT?!?!?" Sehun yelled. He looked like he was out of breath.

I flinched at the sudden noise and Sungjong patted my shoulder comfortingly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Sooeun a-and K-Kai are in c-court right n-now." Sehun paused inbetween words to take deep breaths. It seemed like he ran all the way here to inform me.

I gave an alarmed look.

"Someone must've found the letter and taken it to the police! There's no other way they would've known!" Sehun shouted.

"Shh~. It's okay. Calm down." I said. Sehun nodded and sat down in a chair to calm himself down.

"The police now have the letter, and are using it as evidence against Kai and Sooeun. I'm gonna miss Kai...I really don't want to lose a member from EXO-K, even if he was a bit unfriendly at times. He's my best friend, and I feel really horrible right now." Sehun's eyes were watery but he managed to keep them away from spilling.

"I feel so sorry for you, Sehun. Well here's the bright side - we don't have to deal with that annoying Sooeun ever again, right?" Sungjong said. We nodded in agreement.

Ring, ring, ring!

Sungjong got out his phone. "Annyeong?"

There was a mumble of words that I couldn't hear. "Ne...arasso. Why? ....arasso. Annyeong." Sungjong said, hanging up. "Sorry. I gotta go. L hyung just called me and he needs help with something. See you, Hyorinnie." He gave me another hug.

Why is he hugging her? Sehun boiled in jealousy but tried not to show it. Sungjong waved bye to Sehun and left the room.

Now it was just Sehun and I.

 

 

[Annyeong! I'm trying to update during my vaction, though it's hard! I'm trying my best. Thank you everyone for all the support! I'll try to update soon! Thank you subscribers, commenters, upvoters, and all readers! By the way, today is Taeminnie *cough* *cough* TaeMAN's Birthday!!! He's already 20! :O And on my vacation I FINALLY got some Infinite posters for my room...I'm so happy lol. :D~kpopgurl125 ~ ♥ ]