That Annoying Lee Taemin

Maknae Love

 

About a week after we moved our seats in Mr. Kim's class, I went to my seat quietly as usual. I got out a book and started to read. 

"Why do you always read?" I turned to my right, expecting to see Sungjong, but he wasn't there. He was in the front of the classroom, talking to Sungyeol and Myungsoo.

"Can you answer my question, Lee Haekrin?" I spun around, only to find an annoying Lee Taemin.

"That's not my name," I muttered, puting my book down on my desk.

"Oh, it isn't?" Taemin said. I looked at Taemin in surprise, shocked at how he could hear my quiet words. "Oooh yeah! Your name is Choi Haekrin, ne?" I shook my head. "Choi Hyojin?" I shook my head again. "Choi Haejin?" I shook my head for the third time.

"Aish," Taemin said, rubbing the back of his head. "Ah! I got it!" I raised my eyebrow. Did he really know my name? Omo, I better stay quieter. I don't want attention.

"Kim Haekrin!" I smiled widely. Lee Taemin doesn't know my name! Most girls would get offended and try to get more attention. But me, being the odd one out, actually liked the fact that Taemin didn't know my name.

"Ne, I got it right didn't I?" Taemin grinned. I shook my head. His face fell.

"Lee Hyorin," I said quietly.

"What?" Taemin asked.

"Lee Hyorin," I said again.

"Ohhh! Okay..." Taemin said kiddishly. I rolled my eyes. Taemin stuck out his tongue playfully and laughed. There was a tap on my shoulder. I twisted my neck a bit to look who it was.

"Annyeong, Hyorinnine!" Sungjong smiled. Oh gosh, no. Not a nickname! Imagive how the fangirls would react! OMO! This is not good!

"A-annyeong." I said. I mentally face palmed myself for stuttering.

He smiled and took out his book. I observed him. His eyes weren't moving over the page.

Conclusion: Lee Sungjong was fake reading.

I sighed and continued reading my book. Sungjong clapped his book shut and started talking to Oh Sehun, who was sitting behind him, and was also sitting to the right of Taemin.

Mr. Kim walked into the room. "Annyeonghaseyo, class. Take out your books and turn to page..." I turned to my left. Where was Sooeun? I blinked.

OMO.

I have a whole day without the kingka-obsessed girl! I sighed in relief and smiled, resuming my concentration on my book.

A note had slipped its way onto my desk. I ignored it. Stop getting so much attention from the kingkas, Lee Hyorin. You want to be that one who fades in the background, right? Do you want to be a fangirl?

Aniyo! Never, ever, ever would I be a fangirl.

Taemin tapped my shoulder. I ignored him. He tapped my shoulder again. I ignored him again. He tapped my shoulder for the third time.

"Lee Hyorin, would you like to answer..." Mr. Kim cleared his throat. "Lee Taemin, I would advise you not to annoy Hyorin. She is an excellent student, and you are distracting her from her work. Would you like to answer question eight for the class?"

Fangirls scowled at me. Geez, what did I do?

I turned around. Taemin blinked in surprise. "I, um... seventy nine?"

"Aniyo. Lee Hyorin?" Mr. Kim said, declining Taemin's answer.

"Twenty six." I tried to say calmly. Taemin was getting extremely annoying.

"Ne. Gamsamnida, Hyorin." Mr. Kim wrote the answer on the board, just as the bell rang. I packed up my stuff and ran into Taemin on my way out. My books slid across the hallway, causing some students that were walking by to trip.

Good thing Sooeun wasn't here.

"Ah, sorry Haekrin." Taemin said, passing by me without helping me pick up my books.

Aish, that annoying Lee Taemin. He even said my name wrong.

I picked up my books gently and shoved them into my locker. I huffed out a small sigh. I was really forgetful. Not the word forgetful that meant that I forget something easily. But the word forgetful that meant that people forgot me easily. Is it really that hard to know the name Lee Hyorin? Do people really hear it as Lee Haekrin, or Choi Haejin, or whatever other name?

I took out some books that were unread and held them tightly to my chest. I pushed my locker door shut and walked away to Mr. Choi's class.

"Annyeonghaseyo, class. Today we have moved seats." Mr. Choi said.

OMO.

"First row, Kim Sungkyu, Nam Woohyun, Im Yoona, Oh HyeRin, Bang Yongguk, and Choi Junhong." Mr. Choi continued reading off the seating arrangments.

"Fifth row," Mr. Choi said finally. "Jang Dongwoo, Lee Howon, Amber Liu, Choi Jin Ri, Oh Sehun, and Lee Hyorin." I sighed. 

I was sitting next to another maknae kingka.