The Story of Sehun

Maknae Love

 

~The Story Of Sehun~

Hyorin had been best friends with Sehun for...well, a long while. In fact, they were childhood friends. Sehun was Hyorin's only friend until SuHwa came along in the beginning of middle school. But let's not go foward that far - let's talk about elementary school.

It was the first day of school for Hyorin and Sehun. They were both in Ms. Nam's kindergarten class. Ms. Nam had arranged the seating chart so that Hyorin and Sehun were sharing a desk. They were shy and kind to each other, and ended up knowing lots about each other. Sehun was kind and caring to Hyorin. After the first week of kingdergarten, Hyorin was already a bully target. Bullies knew her as a victim easily. She was too quiet, too shy, too nerdy. Even though she never talked at school (besides with Sehun), she stood out because everyone knew Hyorin as the ugly, stupid, nerdy girl. Sehun had always stuck up for her - and the bullies listened to him because Sehun was popular, yes, even during elementary school. EXO-K didn't exist yet, though Suho and Chanyeol were in the same school at the time. Sehun was handsome, smart, and very nice. Most girls at school already liked him at first glance. Though they weren't fangirls. They were just girls who really liked Sehun.

Hyorin and Sehun became best friends. After all, Sehun was Hyorin's only friend...even up to middle school.

During middle school, EXO-K existed. Sehun was a kingka, but he still hung out with Hyorin. They met up after school at a secret garden that was at the back of the school. Once they met up, there was a forest behind the school, and they always went for a small walk and talk inside the forest. However, middle school was even worse than elementary school for Hyorin. There were more people in middle schools than in elementary schools, and that meant more bullies.

There were these specific girls that were best friends, yeah, you've met them before. Their names were Sooeun and Jooyeon. They were Hyorin's main bullies. Surprised? Jooyeon technically didn't want to bully Hyorin. She was forced to.

Now you're wondering, by who? Well, Sehun's best friend, Kai. Let me explain.

One day, Sehun had promised to meet up with Kai after school. Sehun had a secret love for Hyorin since elementary school, but he never admitted it. Sehun completely forgot about meeting up with Kai and ended up going to the back of the school with Hyorin. Kai hid in the bushes and watched carefully. Sehun hung out with that nerd? What the hell? 

Kai, being confused, never liked Hyorin. He was jealous of her intelligence. Kai became furious and ended up convincing Sehun that Hyorin wasn't his dream girl. That Hyorin was pretending to be Sehun's friend just for the attention. That Hyorin was just another secret fangirl getting special attention from him. Once Kai convinced Jooyeon to start bullying Hyorin like Sooeun, Sehun believed Kai after a couple months, and turned his back to Hyorin. But in the process, Jooyeon found out that Hyorin was actually a kind and smart girl. She was just shy. Jooyeon switched from Sooeun to Hyorin in a blink of an eye once she noticed hanging out with a shy person was better than hanging out with a bully. She stopped listening to Kai. SuHwa was the new girl in Jooyeon's class. The two of them became friends, then later Hyorin, Jooyeon, and SuHwa were the best of friends. But Sehun never helped or cared for Hyorin anymore. This rude behavior of Sehun started at the beginning of high school. The name 'Nerd-Rin' was made during high school.

In Korea Seoul High, Hyorin started developing feelings for the jerk ex-friend of hers: Sehun. She tried convincing herself not to like him at all, but you can't stop love. Hyorin didn't understand her feelings anymore. Sehun had turned into a complete jerk. He was rude, mean, and impolite. Except there was one thing Hyorin didn't know - Kai was all on this. Kai was practically controlling Sehun, and Sehun wanted this to stop. Why? Because Sehun had found himself lovesick of Hyorin. But the only way Sehun would stay in EXO-K would be if he followed what Kai said. Sehun still loves Hyorin, but sadly, Hyorin doesn't (well technically she does now because she lost her memory). She stopped liking him because he became...exactly like Kai.

In fact, if Kai wasn't even part of this, many things would have changed. Sehun would've been best friends with Hyorin. He would have been nicer, politer, sweeter. Sehun would have cared and loved for Hyorin.

But Kai had ruined Hyorin's love for Sehun.

And then SuHwa began to love Sehun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day I woke up with a healed lip, mouth, and throat. I smiled. Dr. Jung was like a magician. I yawned and stretched my arms a tiny bit. My leg was still sore, but I managed to sit up without hurting it. My forehead still stung, but I got use to it.

Suddenly, a familiar girl opened the door slowly and peeked inside.

"Annyeong," she said.

My eyes widened. "JOOYEON?!?!?!?!?"

"Ne...so you lost your memory right?" Jooyeon asked. I gave a slight nod but my mouth was still hanging open. "Well...I forgave you and SuHwa this year, during your birthday party when you turned seventeen. There's a kingka group named Infinite, by the way. You have a crush on Taemin, and - "

"Wait," I gave a nervous chuckle. "y-you mean Lee Taemin? From SHINee?"

"Ne," Jooyeon said. "And well, SuHwa, me, and you made our own queenka group named 2Perfected."

"Wait," I gave another nervous chuckle. "I'm...popular at school?"

Jooyeon giggled. "Ne, you are. Anyways...how are you?"

"Hmm...I'm okay. My leg is sore and I can barely move it, and my forehead stings and it hurts a lot. Besides that, My lip, mouth, and throat is better!" I smiled.

Jooyeon grinned at me. "I hope you do get better. And...do you want your memory back?"

"NE! What do you think, Jooyeon? I have no idea who these Infinite people are and why I ever started liking that annoying Lee Taemin!" I giggled.

"Well, they say that there was once a medicine that could give back all the memory that had been lost," Jooyeon explained.

"Chincha?" I asked, amazed at what I was hearing. "Well then I wish it was in this hospital."

"Me too," Jooyeon agreed. "After so much pleading from Sungjong, Dr. Jung sent a crew of people to look through forests and test and experiment with some things to try out if they can find a new medicine. They really want your memory back, but Dr. Jung said it would probably take about half a year to actually find something that works."

I sighed. "What's with the Sungjong boy? Is he...in love with me?"

Jooyeon laughed. "Aniyo, at least not from what I know. You two were just best friends, along with Infinite. He just wants you to remember him." I nodded, understanding but still thinking that this Sungjong boy was strange.

Dr. Jung came in a moment later. "Well Hyorin, as you can see, we fixed up everything in your mouth area. We're working on you leg next so you can walk around the hospital. Your forehead will be the last to fix. It seems pretty damaged, but you'll become unhealthy if you stay in a hospital bed for too long. After all, you've been sleeping almost fully straight for the past one and a half weeks."

I smiled. "Gamsamnida!"

Dr. Jung nodded and started motioning Jooyeon out of the room. "Can you have Hyorin's parents in the room so they can talk with each other?"

"Ne," Jooyeon said. A minute later, umma and appa were walking towards me.

"Ah, thank goodness you're alright!" Umma came over and hugged me.

"Ne, we can barely thank Dr. Jung enough. He's done so much, and now he's searching for a medicine to retrieve your memory back, did you know that?" Appa said.

"Ne, I'm so excited and happy!" I grinned. Umma brushed my bangs away from my face. "I see your lip is better," she said. "How about your leg?"

"Hmm...sort of," I said.

"Forehead?"

"Ehh, it still hurts,"

"Well, get better. We need to go now," Appa said. We gave each other our last hugs and they headed out the door with Dr. Jung.

I sighed. I wasn't really tired much anymore, and Dr. Jung never really told me to continue to sleep. I turned my head toward my right, and saw my breakfast waiting, just like how it was everyday. There were cards, teddy bears, and flowers on the table, but I never really got to look at them up close. I sat up and took a teddy bear in my arms. It had a blue bow tie and held a heart that said, 'To: Hyorinnie From: Sungjong'. I smiled. This boy, whoever he was, was very sweet.

I took another teddy bear in my arms and looked at the tag. 'To: Hyorin From: Jooyeon'. I checked all of the tags on all the teddy bears - there was one from Jooyeon, one from Taemin, and three from Sungjong. Hmm...that's odd, why did he get me three?

Then, I started reading all of my cards and letters. The first one was from Aunt Rina. I was named after her, which was weird because we had almost  totally different personalities: Mine, being shy and quiet, and hers, being funny, loud, and confident. I opened up the folded letter.

Annyeong, Hyorin!

You scared me so much, I literally hopped out of my seat when I got the call from your umma. If I ever meet that babo that threw that garbage bin, I will personally chop their head off! I am not kidding, sweetie!

How are you doing now? When I saw you lying motionless in the hospital, I burst into tears and thought you were dead. Then again, I wasn't thinking right. You couldn't have died from glass and a garbage bin, could you? I saw your mouth drooling with blood, you leg covered with messy bandages and towels, and your forehead looked horrifying to me. (Not that you were horrifying, just your cuts. You're still beautiful as ever, even with those nasty cuts! All the boys must fall head-over-heels for you, don't they? You probably just don't notice.)

I flew an airplane all the way from Japan to here! I don't think you remember, (since you lost your memory) but I was on a vacation to Japan for a year. Uncle Taihyun and I, along with your two cousins Yuna and Saena were in Tokyo inside our car. We were driving to Osaka (I know, long ride, it was estimated about six hours, but we got the call once we drove about two hours on the road.)  I will be staying with you until you get better (I mean, anyways our vacation was about to end in a month, so we're not going to bother going back.) and I will watch your cuts and blood fade away!

I miss you dearly, sweetie! We all do!

Hope you get better,

Aunt Rina.

I smiled and continued reading more letters.

ANNYEONG HYORIN~!

HOLY ARE YOU OKAY?!?!?!?

We arrived in Seoul a few days ago. Are you getting better? We really wish the incident had never happened, since we really wish you remembered all the fun things we did throughout the year. You're seventeen now, by the way. Not sixteen.

Ahh, all the things we have done together. We just wish you could remember every laugh you laughed at a joke and every smile you smiled during a game. We hope you get better quick! We hope you'll be walking soon...

Umma and appa is calling us for dinner now. We must be going now! Sorry for the short letter, but we really need to go.

GET BETTER SOON!

-Yuna and Saena

I smiled at the letters. A tear dripped down my cheek. I wish I had my memory. I really did. I began to write back.

Dear Aunt Rina, Uncle Taihyun, Yuna, and Saena,

Don't worry about me, I'm absolutely fine. Thank you for all the support you have given me, you guys! I enjoy reading your letters. And wow -- I'm seventeen? So I'm a Junior in High School now? Please tell me I still go to KS HIgh. I didn't transfer schools or something, right?

So apparently you guys say that you went to Japan...how was it? How long did you stay? Don't leave out any details -- I really want to know about your trip! And since when did Saena learn japanese? It's always been just Aunt Rina and Uncle Taihyun...but I think I remember Yuna learning Japanese last year...er, I mean, two years ago, when she was in seventh grade. But Saena...? I don''t recall Saena learning japanese.

Well, I'm guessing she did learn japanese, so congrats Saena! I'm glad finally, you decided to learn japanese. When? Since you're twelve -- I mean, thirteen, now, I'm guessing you learned it just a while ago.

And Aunt Rina, aniyo! No boys fall for me. I bet some people didn't even notice I was absent at school.

So how do you like KS High, Yuna? (If you are going there...) Or did you decide to go to Seoul Redwood High? And Saena, how's Nam Nihyun Middle School? So let me get this straight...I lost a year of memory so...Yuna, you're fourteen years old in ninth grade, right? And Saena, you're thirteen years old, in seventh grade? Did I get that right?

Uncle Taihyun, let your family know about this letter. Tell them to come anytime to the hospital to visit me.

Love,

Lee Hyorin

I began looking through all the 'Get Well Soon!' and 'Hope You Get Better!' cards. Many were made from Sungjong. Others were from EXO-K, Infinite, SHINee, and family.

But I still noticed that most of them...

...were from Sungjong. Is this a sign of love?

From the strange boy?

That...looks pretty handsome from what I remember.

WAIT A SECOND...DID I JUST SAY I REMEMBERED HIM?

Aniyo, Hyorin! You're just...thinking weird. You lost your memory. There is no memory of this Sungjong guy in your head anymore.

I picked up my tray of breakfast and set it on my lap. I stuck a piece of bread in my mouth, chewing slowly and watching Sungjong in the waiting room, outside my door.

 

 

[Annyeong! Sorry if this was a boring chapter ~.~ I apologize! Mianhae! Comments please! Subscribe and upvote! New fanfics will be coming soon~! Oh, and subscribe to my blog please! ;D You may pm and add me as a friend, I always accept requests ♥ And also, I'm getting another poster! The one I have right now is from New Evolution, the designer is Eirojram. The next one will be from Banana Graphics, made by sunnyjjang. Thanks for reading everyone! ~kpopgurl125~]