I'm Sorry

Maknae Love

 

I explored the hospital a bit in the morning. I didn't find much, so I went back into my hospital bed and stared at the blank walls. I listened to the clock ticking annoyingly. I sighed. I was really bored.

There was a knock at the door and my head whipped around at the sound.

"Come in," I called.

The door swung open. Taemin came out from behind the door, smiling like a kid.

"Annyeong, Hyorin!" he said eagerly.

"Annyeong. What's so exciting?" I asked.

Taemin sat at the edge of the hospital bed, still smiling at me. "You know...even after the accident, I know that everything is going to be okay. You're going to heal soon, and you will go back home soon. Whoever did this to you -" Taemin held your hand and you blushed and looked away. "- Will be found and caught. There must be evidence out there. And whoever finds it will turn everything back to normal."

I smiled at his words. Sure I wanted Sooeun to be caught, however, I didn't want Kai to be...

Taemin sat closer to me. He hesitated a bit, but started talking again.

"Hyorin," he said slowly. "I have something to say."

I nodded, motioning him to continue. "What is it?" I asked.

Taemin took a deep breath. "Hyorin, you've been at KS High for so many years. And each year, I noticed you more and more. SHINee didn't pay much attention to you, but I did. I realized how beautiful you were when you smiled, and how cute you were when you studied hard." Taemin looked into my eyes. I blushed but didn't look away this time. "I realized that you're the most precious thing on earth. You're beautiful, smart, and so nice. I could barely watch whenever Sooeun talked to you so rudely." 

"I loved the way you tapped your chin when you thought about a hard question. I loved the way you blink so much when someone was talking to you. Everytime a guy talked to you, I boiled with jealousy. But I couldn't do anything about it." Taemin said.

He hesitated. "Hyorin...saranghae." Taemin said, staring into my eyes. "Will you be my girlfriend?

I didn't know what to do. I was nervous. A guy had never confessed to me before...especially a kingka.

I stiffened. "Taemin...I'm sorry. I..." Taemin's face fell. He looked down on the floor, away from me.

Taemin stood up.

"Taemin..." I said. "I'm sorry...I just - "

"Aniyo. It's...it's okay." Taemin said, tears started welling in his eyes. He gently wiped them away and opened the door, not once looking back at me. 

I felt so miserable afterward.

I sat there thinking for a moment. I thought about Taemin. He didn't seem special to me. I only thought of him as a friend. I suddenly realized that I hadn't ate breakfast. Maybe if I eat a little, the sadness will go away, I thought. I opened the door slowly and walked toward the cafeteria without a hint of a smile on my face.

 

--------------------

 

Kai held a letter carefully in his hands and entered the hospital. He walked up the stairs, toward Hyorin's waiting room. Taemin came out of the door with slightly red eyes.

Taemin looked up and glared at Kai, walking away.

Kai looked stunned. What's his problem? he thought. The door that led to Hyorin's hospital room opened slowly. Kai quickly sat on a nearby chair, grabbing a magazine and opening it in front of his face. Hyorin walked by without noticing. Woah, that was a close one. Kai thought, getting up from the chair and setting the magazine back.

Kai entered the hospital room. It was filled with cards and flowers. He noticed a table near Hyorin's hospital bed, and set his letter there. I can't tell you this in person, so this is why I'm giving a letter to you. You hate me, so I can't face you anymore. he thought, walking out of the room.

 

-------------------

 

I finished my soup from the cafeteria and threw away my trash politely. "Gamsamnida," I said to one of the cafeteria ladies. She smiled and nodded.

I walked back to my hospital room and found a new envelope on my table. I raised my eyebrow curiously. I picked up the envelope and tore it open. There was a simple white piece of paper inside.

 

Dear Hyorin,

 

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry at what I had done. It was the wrong thing to do. I'm sorry that I hurt you and I'm sorry I ever interfered you and Sehun on that day. You two are supposed to be friends right now, but being the idiot I am, I ruined it. I'm sorry.

Your memories were supposed to stay with you, and you were supposed to live a happy life. But now I've made so much damage to your forehead that you've lost your memory.

You probably hate me. I can't tell you this in person because you would probably want to kill me right when you see my face. I understand. I'm a horrible person.

Sooeun tricked me. I don't know what I was thinking. I really was an idiot, wasn't I?

I'm really sorry, Lee Hyorin.

You're not anything I've called you before. You're not a nerd, you aren't ugly, you aren't stupid.

Now I'm a criminal.

I'm not asking for forgiveness. I just wanted you to know that I'm really, really sorry.

 

Sincerely,

Kai

 

I sighed. I wish Kai had known that I had already forgiven him. Sehun and I are already on good terms, I wonder if Kai knows that now. I tucked the letter back in it's envelope and set it back on my desk. I checked my phone for any new texts.

None.

I needed someone to talk with. I called SuHwa and Jooyeon but ended up getting no reply. I called umma and appa, but they said that they were busy at the time so I couldn't talk wiith them.

I strolled around the hospital, not interested in anything. I went back into my room, sitting on my bed, not knowing what to do. I played around with the flowers on the table and tapped my fingers on my leg.

I was bored again. But this time, with a bit of sadness.

I'm sorry, Lee Taemin. I'm so sorry.

 

 

[Annyeong my awesome readers~! My next poster is coming soon! I edited the foreword a bit. Leave a comment below, please! I want to hear what you guys have to say about this chapter. ;) Well, thanks for reading everyone! Bye~! ~kpopgurl125~ ]