His Hair

Maknae Love

 

"He likes, and I quote, by the way, 'I like cute, y, pretty girls,' and 'They don't need to be smart, but they can't be stupid or clumsy. Impolite? No. They just need to be cute, nice, and they need to smell good' or, well, he said something like that." I explained to SuHwa. "Oh, and he also says he only likes girls who have a queenka group."

SuHwa sighed. "First of all, the first part, 'cute, y, pretty'...am I?" I observed SuHwa.

"Cute and pretty? Ne. y? I'm not a guy, SuHwa." I said simply.

SuHwa sighed again. "Arasso. Second of all, 'stupid or clumsy'...am I?"

I scoffed. "Stupid? Hell no. Clumsy? Aniyo. You're not, like, perfect, you still trip or something, but that's not clumsy. You're fine."

SuHwa bit her lip. "Third of all, 'Impolite', well, I don't think I am. And 'cute, nice, and smell good.' Well, I don't wear perfume. I think I'm nice, I guess, but I can judge on the cute part."

"You're cute," I said, laughing.

"But I'm not in a queenka group." We sat there on SuHwa's bed in a moment of silence. Suddenly an idea popped into my head.

"Why don't we give you a makeover tomorrow, right before my party?" I asked.

SuHwa's face brightened. "What do you mean by that?"

"You know - change your clothing style into cute clothes, get you some perfume..." We grinned.

"What about you?" SuHwa asked, pointing toward my oversized, lazy clothes.

"Aniyo. I don't need a makeover because I don't have a boy that I like," I said.

"It's because you have a boy that you loveee!" SuHwa joked.

I glared at her. "Who?"

"Taemin."

"Aniyo! Deifinitely NOT." I said firmly. SuHwa giggled.

My phone began to rang. "Annyeong?" I said.

"Annyeong, it's umma. Can you get home now? Dinner is about to be ready in a few minutes. You don't want cold dinner, Hyorin!"

"Actually, I don't care if it's cold. But arasso, I'll be home in a couple minutes. Annyeong." I hung up on umma. I waved bye to SuHwa and walked out the door.

--------------------

I woke up again to my head flat on my book. I groaned and sat up, my back hurting. I got ready for school quickly, throwing on any clothes I could find. I ran down the stairs, noticing that I was a bit late. I ate some toast, then grabbed a gronola bar for the bus.

I dashed out the door as fast as I could, but it was too late. The bus was already moving away from the stop. "Yah! You missed a student!" I tried yelling, but it didn't work. I sprinted after the bus, and eventually I ended up running to school. The bell rang just as I got to school. I was late.

I entered the school, breathing in a heavy sigh. I wiped off some sweat on my forehead with my wrist and noticed that everyone was whispering about something. As I got to my locker, I made out a few words I heard often.

"Taemin, from SHINee? No way!"

"Taemin....yeah, I know right!"

"He's different! Yeah....Taemin's hotter now!"

I raised an eyebrow. What were people talking about?

I headed toward Mr. Kim's classroom. When I reached the classroom my mouth hung open for a second before I snapped it shut quickly. "Miss Lee Hyorin," Mr. Kim said. I barely heard anything he said. I was too concentrated on Taemin. "You're late. Would you like to tell me why?" Reluctantly, I took my gaze off of Taemin and onto Mr. Kim.

"I fell asleep when I was reading my book, and so I forgot to set my alarm. I woke up late, and so I missed the bus. I ran all the way to school. Mianhae, Mr. Kim." I gave a tiny bow and walked to my desk, staring at Taemin the whole time.

Taemin changed his hair from a long, childish hair to a short swept up hair.

I couldn't hold it back. I just couldn't.

I admit it.

Lee Taemin looks SO GOOD!!!!! I smiled childishly at myself. I finally admitted it.

But I wasn't in love...I don't just judge by looks, right? I judge by personality, too. This is Lee Taemin I'm talking about.

Okay, so I might like him a bit.

Aniyo! I can't get caught up with all this love and boys when I have school.

Am I in denial mode?

There was a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find the extremely-good looking Taemin staring at me intently. He winked.

I turned around without rolling my eyes. I actually blushed. Just a bit. I took out my notebook and tore out a piece of paper, writing on it and passing it to Taemin.

So, what's with the winking now? O.o And anyways, what's up with your haircut?

Hahaha, I've changed from Taemin to Taeman.

Ha! TaeMAN? I'm calling you TaeMINNIE from now on. You're hilarious Taeminnie. Really? Taeman? Are you serious?

Ooh, a nickname huh? I'm so scared. -.-

This time I really did roll my eyes at Taemin. I threw away the note and got out a book to read.

Buzz.

Crap. I had forgot to put my phone in my locker. Mr. Kim didn't really care about phones in the classroom - well, none of my teachers did, except for Mr. Jung. He hated phones in class.

From: Sungjong, To: Hyorin

....are you dating Taemin? o.O

 

From: Hyorin, To: Sungjong

Uh, aniyo

 

From: Sungjong, To: Hyorin

You sound unsure...oh, and thanks for inviting me to your party ;)

 

From: Hyorin, To: Sungjong

Aniyo, attention would have appeared in front of me if that happened ._. and you're welcome.....?

 

From: Sungjong, To: Hyorin

Can Infinite come? I told them about you a day ago

 

From: Hyorin, To: Sungjong

WHAT?!?!?!?!?

 

From: Sungjong, To: Hyorin

Calm down, Hyorinnie. I told them it was a secret ;)

 

From: Hyorin, To: Sungjong

Yah! Why did you do that?!?!?!? I hate attention, you know that! :( and why are we texting? You're sitting right next to me

 

From: Sungjong, To: Hyorin

Hahaha it's just cute, as if we were a couple or something

 

From: Hyorin, To: Sungjong

Okay, I may admit that you are good looking, but I'm not interested in  you. -.- School is too important for time with love and boys

 

From: Sungjong, To: Hyorin

Hahaha thank youuuuuuuu ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

 

From: Hyorin, To: Sungjong

Texting me winks isn't going to do anything -.- I'm practically gagging at your greasiness

 

From Sungjong, To: Hyorin

Ha! Me, Lee Sungjong, greasy? Tell that to the little Nam Woohyun over there. That hyung is too greasy ._.

 

The bell rang as I silently giggled at Sungjong's last text. I packed up my binders and folders into my backpack and heard a bit of Taemin and Sooeun's conversation.

"Annyeong, Taemin." Sooeun said in a girlish voice.

"Annyeong, Sooeun." Taemin said plainly. I heard him packing up some of his papers.

I heard a tiny clatter in a box. I raised an eyebrow, still trying hard to eavesdrop on the conversation behind me.

"Here, it's a box of chocolates. I made it myself - it's white chocolate with pink frosting hearts." Sooeun said. Ha, I've heard that excuse before.

"Uh, gamsamnida, Sooeun. But it says Made From The Choi Bakery right here..." There was a moment of silence. I smirked as I slung my backpack over my shoulder, walking out of the room while listening to Sooeun sob a stupid sorry.

I reached my locker when I saw Taemin come out of Mr. Kim's class. I kept staring at his hair. He just looked so good!

But I'm not in love, right? I judge by the personality, the heart.

Not looks. I don't care about his looks, right? I don't like him.

I just like his hair.

A lot.

 

[Annyeong! Please subscribe and comment! Feel free to add me as a friend, I will accept any requests. :) Thank you readers! Gamsamnida!]