Kingkas and Queenkas

Maknae Love

I got off the bus, in my breath. Here goes another day at KS High School.

When I first came to KS (Korea Seoul) High School, I didn't know that there were three extremely popular kingka groups.

And by popular, I mean screaming fangirls everywhere.

They weren't even famous. Just popular.

I was that nerdy type who just didn't care about them.

Sure, they were good-looking. But that wasn't the only thing I looked for in a guy.

I was that person who sat at the back of the classroom, and when the kingka groups entered, I just continued to read my book.

The library was my life.

People thought I was crazy not to love the kingka groups. I never responded to them.

Why?

Because I don't care about the kingka groups. In fact, I almost hate them.

They're a bother in school. They're jerks. They date girls then dump their hearts out within a second.

First, there is Infinite.

Sunggyu, who is leader. Dongwoo, the one who captures your heart with just a single laugh. Woohyun, who can kill a fangirl with just a smile. Hoya, the one who has the best dancing skills and can win you over any regular guy. Sungyeol, who can make you laugh and can plays pranks on the other members in their 'group'. Myungsoo, or so called 'L'  who can make fangirls scream in excitement with just a small smirk.

Second, there is SHINee.

Onew the leader, who can ask for chicken and fangirls can magically have it appear in front of him. Jonghyun, who has a powerful loving voice that fangirls swoon over. Key, the diva. Minho, the amazing rapper.

Third, there is EXO-K.

Suho, the sweet kind guy who he really isn't. Baekhyun, who wears more eyeliner than some of the girls. Chanyeol, who can't sit still and has a deep voice. Kyungsoo, or so called 'D.O.' who can scare you away with his eyes. Kai, who has incredible dancing skills.

Yeah, I think you noticed that their missing a member from each kingka group.

Lee Sungjong, Lee Taemin, and Oh Sehun.

They're the nice ones. The ones who understand what a real relationship really is.

Do I love like them?

I don't know.

They still act the same around fangirls like the rest of their members. And I still ignore everything they do to me. (Winking, waving, yeah, you get it.)

I opened the blue door that led to the inside of the school. Luckily, the kingka/queenka groups weren't here yet, so it was quiet. I headed toward my locker when I heard a bunch of squeals and shouts. Oh gosh. They're here already, aren't they? I thought inwardly to myself.

Yep, I was correct.

I sighed as Infinite and SHINee entered the school coolly. They smiled, waved, and winked at fangirls around them. They started squealing in delight and running to their friends to tell them what happened.

Infinite started to pass by me. Sungjong, the maknae of Infinite, winked at me. I rolled my eyes and slammed my locker, hurriedly walking to class.

"Rude." I heard Sungjong mutter behind me. I turned my head and shot a deathly glare at him. I continued walking, not wanting anymore attention from fangirls who were shouting even ruder things at me after I rolled my eyes at one of the 'hottest guys at school'. 

A girl in my class named Lee Sooeun elbowed me in the arm purposely and my books spilled across the floor, which caused Sunggyu, the leader of Infinite, to trip.

Tons of fangirls gasped and scoffed. "LEE HYORIN!" Sooeun yelled fakely at me. "How dare you spill books in FRONT of Infinite on PURPOSE!" She empasized some of the words. "And not only that, you HURT SUNGGYU OPPA!" She glared at me.

Mr. Kwon, the principal, stepped out of his office to see what the ruckus was. The crowd quickly seperated and acted like nothing happened. I picked up my books angrily. I took deep breaths. This was the most attention I had ever had at school in my life. I always rolled my eyes at everything the kingkas did to me, then I walked off to class quietly, so that everyone who saw me would completely forget about me.

Shortly after the incident, the other kingka group EXO-K arrived. Fangirls pushed and shoved to get pass others. I rolled my eyes again. Sooeun appeared out of nowhere beside me. "Do you have an eye problem?" She scoffed and flipped her hair. Sooeun strutted away and screamed, "KYAAA! BAEKHYUN OPPA!" She ran after EXO-K.

I made a face at Lee Sooeun. I checked my watch. Where was SuHwa and her sister's queenka group?

"Hey, is that Miyun? OMO I better go say hi." I heard one boy say to the other.

"Miyun's here? KYA! That means YoonJi is here!!! WHERE IS SHE?!?!" Another boy exclaimed.

"Wait, did I just hear that SuJi is here? NO, NO, NO, NO! Where did I leave my flowers? NO!" I heard a fanboy panicking.

"Ooh, Perfection looks good today." I continued to listen to all the fanboys.

Shin SuHwa, my one and only true best friend, would have been a forgotten, shy nerd like me. Except she's not. She's just actually almost a queenka. Why? Because of her sister, Shin SuJi.

Shin SuJi, Choi Miyun, and Kim YoonJi are the one and only queenka group of KS High. They call themselves Perfection, because their favorite song from their favorite band, Super Junior, is called Perfection.

The queenka group passed by me, and behind them was SuHwa. She waved bye to her sister and her sister's friends and walked towards me. People looked at SuHwa and I in disgust. I heard ugly comments.

"Ew, why is SuHwa talking to that nerd. Are they even friends?"

"I don't know. But SuHwa's way too pretty to be with some ugly idiot like her."

"Yeah, I know right! SuHwa could create her own beatiful queenka group of her own so she could leave that Kim Hoyra weirdo on her own."

"Kim Hoyra? I thought it was Choi Haekrin."

I actually smiled. I didn't want people to notice who I was. Well, I didn't really want to be forgotten. But that was who I was.

"Annyeong SuHwa." I said. We started to walk to class.

"Annyeong Hyorin." She smiled.

I started walking to the very back of the classroom, where my seat was, when someone took my wrist and held it tight.

I looked behind me and my heart sank. The person holding my wrist the last person on earth I wanted it to be.

I sighed and looked straight at him in the eye.

"What do you want, Lee Sungjong?"

He stared into my eyes, while there was only one thing I could see in his.

Love.